Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amita SaxenaYour feedback matters!
Am skinny 31 years old, married for 1 yr, we r planning for baby, doctors told dat my ovulation day wil be on 12th day from my periods but I got my ovulation on 16th day, is it normal or wil it be a problem to get pregnant, am worried please reply me.
Its been 2 years we r physical. But now a days my girlfriend experiences lil blood during our intercourse. Its bleeding frm past 2-3 months 1st it was very lil lyk jst 2-3 spots of bloods on d condom bt nw a days it bleeds too much. Wat should we do and why is it happening?
Hello sir what kind of diet or eat in thyroid Sir my period is irregular what is reason of that. Its related to by thyroid. please Give right suggestion.
Is it true that milk and curd should be avoided in pcod and hormonal imbalance. Anything else that aggravates pcos or hormonal imbalance. your advice is really appreciated.
Choosing a career is a serious concern for students soon after completing 10th standard when one is required to make a choice of subjects for 11th grade. While still very young, many of us hardly know what is good for us and which field is best. For most of us, choosing a career is not a serious affair until 12th grade. However, once a student is done with 12th, he rethinks - “Did I make the right choice of subjects in class XIth?” I had always wanted to go in this field after school, but nobody guided me about subjects required for it in class XIth and XIIth. So, after completing school one feels very sad and frustrated that interest lay in A–field but wasted 2 school years doing B-Field, a totally different course of study.
Therefore, when selecting subjects in XIth, it is very necessary to have a career goal in place keeping the market in mind. In addition to this, selecting the right education institution in XIth is equally important. Eg. “I am interested in Fine Arts but my school offers only Science and Commerce.” So, the child takes one of these only and loses track of what he wants, sowing the seeds for future distress in the field thrust upon him. Unfortunately, not many students are able to discover their potentials and interests at this stage and end up making wrong choices.
In this scenario, seeking the help of an experienced and qualified career counselor becomes absolutely necessary who can assist in discovering your potential and aptitude and accordingly suggest the right course. Career counselor usually employs testing of three factors – aptitude, interest and personality. These aspects help the counselors in deciding the right career path for a student. With an increase in the number of opportunities in the market, the importance of career counseling has also increased manifold. People have begun to realize the fact that not all can become engineers or doctors and started exploring other fields depending on their talent and interest in alternate domains.
Sound guidance will depend on the qualifications, training and experience of the professional. It is always a good idea to first know about the professional expertise of the counsellor/psychologist on whom you depend for making a life-long career choice. Generally speaking, school counsellors are post-graduates with about 9 months diploma in counselling and guidance with a focus on school children. They may or may not have done M.Phil, or Ph.D to qualify as a doctor. Similarly, anybody with just a graduation degree in Psychology can self-proclaim as a Counsellor/Psychologist and offer guidance and counselling, charging much less a fees. For any professional you choose, the higher the educational qualifications, more the number of practical trainings from reputed institutes, and the greater the professional experience, more dependable will be the advice given by them.
Vocational guidance for students and adults is one of the best ways to choose the right career path. With a plethora of career choices out there, sound career counselling plays a pivotal role in ensuring that right career choices are made. This is rewarding, considering that an individual can choose the right career path as per the strengths and talents he possesses. Right counselling not only helps the person to grow in the job quickly but gives ample room to learn in his desired field.
Here is a list of some major benefits of vocational guidance and career counselling:
- Right assessment of weakness and strength: Career counselling is typically conducted by expert professionals with years of experience behind their back. They assess a candidate based on various aptitude tests. The test results rightly portray the strength and weaknesses of a candidate. This information plays a key role in determining the right career choice for a candidate. A person can ensure that he refrain from choosing a wrong career that leads to frustration and low work satisfaction.
- Right goal setting leads to better choice: A counsellor can help a candidate choose the right goal and help him to outline the process of achieving it. Furthermore, an experienced counsellor can help a candidate lay down a plan to reach the goal. A step by step blueprint of reaching the goal in a realistic manner helps a candidate to achieve his dream career faster. With right goal setting, a person can attend career success over a very short period of time.
- Explore various career choices: There are vast career choices that a person can explore that are available within the scope of a person’s expertise. A career counsellor can throw light on these choices and help a person focus on the right option. This ensures that a person saves a lot of time and energy while figuring out the best possible career choice that is out there. This is particularly true in cases where a person is trying to make a mid-career switch.
- The right guidance and support: An experienced career counsellor can guide a candidate to get hold of the right set of skills and expertise that may be required to achieve a particular career. This ensures that a candidate is adequately prepared before the big opportunity knocks on the door. Right guidance not only cut down the preparation time, it increases the chances of success as well.
- Search Support: While the job search is on, a good counsellor can help a candidate prepare in terms of resume preparation, cover letter, video introduction etc. They can also help a candidate with the right kind of networking to land that dream job.
To conclude, the crux of career counselling is to get the necessary guidance from a qualified professional that would help the student/adult in making the right choice regarding his career. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Hello doctor its my 13th day including iui day, took preg test today early morning and showed negative, are there any chances for me being pregnant. Pls help me out.
Dear sir/mam How to do anal sex first time as I am virgin by anal. How to prepare myself for anal sex and precautions for doing it for first time? Is it good to do ansl sex or have any harmful effect of it?
Tell me that I have sex but without protection but I have not released sperm so is she can get pregnant.
What is vaginitis?
Vaginitis refers to infections of the vagina. This condition results in inflammation of the muscular walls of the vagina due to contamination of bacteria, yeast or viruses and results in itching, soreness, reddening and pain of the vagina along with pungent odors and unusual discharge.
Vaginitis is a common medical condition that affects all women at some point in their lives. Most of the time, the problem is not severe and can be easily treated with simple remedies. But if the symptoms become chronic and remain persistent, it requires the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
What are the different types of vaginitis?
There are a number of different types of this condition, which have varying causes and symptoms. Some of the most common types of vaginitis are as follows:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
This is caused by the explosive growth of the bacteria that is usually present in small numbers in the vagina under normal conditions.
2. Yeast infection
A type of fungus is known as candida Albicans causes this type of infection.
3. Vaginal atrophy
This generally occurs after menopause and is caused by falling estrogen levels.
This type of injection is sexually transmitted and caused by parasitic infestation.
What are the symptoms of vaginitis?
Common symptoms of vaginitis include the following:
- vaginal discharge with unusual colors or odors
- the occurrence of pain during urination
- the occurrence of pain during intercourse
- itching, swelling and irritation of the vagina
- vaginal bleeding and spotting
Is there any chance of pregnancy to my gurl after 3 months she got her period timely in 3 month is there any risk.
I have hormonal problem. Today is my 12th day of periods I have also anemia what should I do for stopping my period problem?
Hi I want to clarify some doubts about white discharge, is necessary for operation for cure the problem, one of my aunt suffering from this problem her age is 50 years, doctor suggested her necessary for surgery, what should I do?
Sir, my menstrual bleeding had not yet stopped for past one month. Before it was regular only. I am using 2-3pads daily. There is no previous history of this. No weight loss, no pain, and abdominal distension. Also there is no burning sensation during urination, no white discharge. What could be the cause sir? Kindly explain mee sir. Can we suspect any cyst or tumor sir?
Is there any problem at the time of intercourse if I lick or kiss the Vagina and breast. Can I use finger for excitation to my partner. And how can I excite my partner. And how many times I can do intercourse in a day which is good for both. Is masturbation wrong for the female.Please tell.
Hi I am unmarried 34 years old female. Recently I have been diagnosed with hormonal infection in private parts due to intercourse due to which I have gained lots of weight. Please suggest some home remedy for quick weigh loss and cure of infection.
Home pregnancy test has come out positive She is still 21 and studying Can any women gynaecologist treat her Abortion is required Please can anyone help.
Diet For Summer season:
With the rise in global warming, the temperatures in summers are unbearable. The climatic change leads to many ailments. follow
Drink plenty of water throughout the day, as it helps in flushing out all the toxic matter from the body. Seventy percent of our body is made up of water, thus, it is necessary to keep our hydrated. Water is the major carrier of blood and oxygen to different organs of the body. It nourishes the red blood cells by providing them with nutrients.
Fruits and vegetables:
Include ample of fruits and vegetables in your regular diet. Eat fruits containing vitamin c, which will provide ample of energy. You can club lots of fruits and eat as a delicious fruit salad. Even blend some fruits to make fruit juices. Fresh fruit juices are a rich source of carbohydrates and vitamins that are beneficial for good health. Fruits like watermelon, plums, mangoes, grapes, pears, and berries are good to beat the summer heat.
Greasy and junk food:
Avoid food that is greasy, oily, and fried. The food that contains a lot of spices and pungent taste should be kept away. Do not consume stale or leftover food, as they contain harmful bacteria. Eat fresh food that is cooked just an hour before. Consume lots of steamed vegetables rather than relishing on fried and cooked veggies.
Cut down the drinks:
Cut down the intake of coffee, tea, or carbonated drinks. Minimize the consumption of alcohol during summers. The carbonated drink contains acids that make your more dehydrated. Even the caffeine in coffee triggers the dehydration in your body. Replace all these harmful drinks with buttermilk, fruit juices, and traditional drinks- sherbet prepared from Indian gooseberry, kokum, and raw mangoes. You may also enjoy herbal tea, which provides amazing relaxation and stamina.
Apart from this, you can take some extra efforts to beat the sizzling summers like:
- Opt for cotton full sleeves clothes to protect your skin from heat and sweat.
- Apply sunblock before you leave home, it will guard your skin against UV rays of the sun.
- Carry ample of water with you to keep yourself hydrated.
Keep some additional sweets to avoid loss of energy.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.