Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmitaYour feedback matters!
I am 47 years old/male, facing problem of trembling during writing causing a shivering kind of situation while writing and hence a smooth flow of writing is not there. This habit combined with anxiety building on the same has aggravated over the years, may be in last 20 years. Now my writing is distorting with considerable pressure which I apply over the pen while writing. My worries have increased due this condition and my signature is not consistent. My family do not have such history and I am physically good and no such parkinson's type of shakes are observed at rest. I feel more of stress related problem and would request concerned doctor help me out a good solution. I work in the manufacturing company and my bp levels are normal. I ate in earlier occasions tablets like proprnolol and tonics like ashwagandha and thulasi. Never I felt comfortable and more I felt is of a psychological issue. Regards
My grandma age is around 65. She is diabetes patient. Sudden she has knee pain. And that is continues. My grandfather has same problem also. Can you please suggest any massager or ointment that they can use daily. Please.
Hi, I am 36 years old male, in sales profession, I have been diagnosed with polyartharitis 3 months back, currently I have severe pain in both my shoulders. I am in uae and showing to doctors proved to be of no use. With due respect to the medical profession every doctor I consulted, just want to do 100 tests and end result is nil. Suggest me best medicines . Thanks and regards.
I have pain in right middle finger since 2 years. But it comes once in a week for fifteen minits. Now I am facing overall body (bone) pain since 8months. I am 47years female.
Hi, can a lower back pain be a cause that my height has stopped increasing. Is it necessary to have strong back in case I need to increase height naturally, what should I do to make my back strong in that case. Thanks.
Every night she gets pain in her legs and body pain and feel weakness in her body and she has diabetes too. What to do? Please help me.
Sir I am in a rehabilitation stage after being operated in my left knee ligament i. E arthroscopic surgery of ACL Ligament. Now after surgery its 50 days already but bending of knee and regain of power of quadriceps is nt satisfactory for which it takes time 2 healing my foot. So pls suggest me, whether machinery physiotherapy like simulator, knee bending machine will give me early recovery. Pls suggest me if any other ways r there for faster recovery.
Sir I have problem in my joints of body and my chest is also weak in comparison of my friend of my age.
I am a 14 year old boy and im feelingpain inmy knee from last 2 months please help me and advice any spray or medicine.
I have been suffering from back pain for a long tym I m getting only 20 yrs n m a female my height is 147 cm n weight s 73 my whole body s paining wen I touch even in ma hand wot shud I do nowadays head ache s also der on ma left side please help me sir.
I am suffering from pain on my right elbow for about nine months ago.I can't take even 5kg weight straightly.Please suggest remedy for it ?
My back is paining a lot without any injury sometimes it is unbearable and I do not know why it is so.
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
4. Do warm up exercises and stretching exercises to lessen the risk of developing a muscle cramp during your workout session
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps.
If you wish to discuss about any specifi problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.