Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Verma
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Amit VermaYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm Ravi my age is 28yrs. My problem is I'm unable to talk on phone for more den 3mins with my right ear. I not able listen properly when someone Whispers or talks very slowly where others are able to hear it. I won't even have a habit of listening music like my other friends. And when I eat I won't be able to hear until they are really loud or no distraction is there. When I was a kid I had ear pain consulted doc of ENT he suggested me DeWax drops for a week and after that he cleaned ear by injection with warm water. Was that a reason which is effecting now. Is there any way I can overcome this.
I have been getting pressure in head for months and it is daily and constant now. I have tried all sorts! Chiropractor, eye tests, medication. I have just had CT scan and don't think it'll show anything serious up! Please can anyone help. Don't think it's anxiety or stress, not sinusitis. God knows but it's getting me down and I am desperate!
Muz kan ke Piche sir me ek point per dard hota h chakar bhi ate h Pura din laptop per work hota h Kya is liye.
I am feeling sick from last few days. My throat is always chocked. I have used some home method. I gargle with salt water but of no use.
From the past few years I am suffering with some or other health problem every now and then. Even though I have been suffering with very minor health issues like allergy on lips, fever, rashes, indigestion, constipation, cold, ear pain, acne, hair fall, mouth ulcers, etc. These problems usually resolve properly within few days of medication. But I want to want can be the reason for my low immunity. What are the foods which can increase my immunity and what other measures can I take. What can be the reasons for my constant falling sick. I have done thyroid profile, blood tests, x ray and all reports are normal.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.