Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
My daughter, age 65 was under treatment for cancer and after six months has been discharged and at home. She is awfully weak and weighs around 32 kg. She finds it difficult to swallow and does not try enough (in my opinion). Any suggestion to prompt her to slowly get into more solid food and recoup?
Hi, I'm a woman of 23, in my father's side hereditary all of my aunts have been affected by cancer. Want to know if this hereditary would affect me? have heard that only mother's side hereditary will be followed to children. In this cancer disease how is the hereditary plays a role? looking forward for valuable response. Thanks.
Prostatitis is a very common infection of the prostate. However, it is worth to note that prostatitis can also be an inflammation of the prostate without infection. Only 5 to 10 percent of prostatitis is caused by bacterial infection. Prostate cancer does not normally have its chances increased by prostatitis. There are several forms of prostatitis, including acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (which is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
The exact cause for prostatitis is not known, but here are some factors which increase its risk, particularly acute bacterial prostatitis.
- Medical instrumentation: Putting an instrument like a urinary catheter may well cause prostatitis.
- Rectal intercourse: This is basically another name for anal sex.
- Abnormal urinary tract: The urinary tract comprises of the bladders, kidneys, ureters and urethra. If any one of these organs gets infected, then prostatitis is much more likely.
- Bladder infection: A bladder infection may well spread to the prostate.
Prostatitis has a variety of symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Constant need of urination: This is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Difficulty when urinating: Just like the constant need of urination, difficulty urinating is also a sign that you may have prostatitis.
- Pain while urinating: This is because the prostate gland is a part of your urinary tract and if it does not work properly, there will be pain.
- Chills and fever: This is a rarer symptom, but may indicate prostatitis if it is coupled with the other symptoms.
- Pain in perineal area and genital organs: If you are experiencing pain in genital organs, than it may indicate prostatitis.
- Painful ejaculations or relief of perineal pain after ejaculations: If you are having painful ejaculation or the pain arises after ejaculation, then it may be due to prostatitis.
- Hematospermia: Pinkish or brownish semen.
If these symptoms are persistent or bothersome, then a proper consultation is required. Evaluation includes physical examination along with few simple tests. This can be followed by proper treatment for cure or relief of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
I am 49 years old, my problem is that I am suffering from Chronic Leukemia, and my question is how long can such patient live with medication of IMATINIB 400 mg?
Dear madam, I am suffering from stomach ache since so many years, earlier it was occasional once in 3 to 4 months, then recently it became continuous, till I had a pain killer. In 2014 in scanning they mentioned the issue is" prostate size is increased. Last year in another scan they said that" Mild fatty infiltration of liver, small para umbilical hernia 2.8cm contains part of bowel loop" Last month I had one more scan which says that" Grade 1 fatty liver, umbilical hernia detect size 24mm with herniation of omentum" As per the above reports, the size of the hernia decreased, but pain increased a lot. Is surgery is only solution to it? What problems I have to face due to fatty liver, how to overcome? Please advice!
I was treated for NHL a type of Cancer, 4 years before in Tata memorial Hospital by undergoing chemotherapy treatment. So can you send me a diet chart or advice me what to eat and what not to eat.
Hi sir my sister she have cervical cancer & injection gadosil vaccine giving this injection it will affect fr breast feeding milk smells badly baby s nt having milk.
I got fibroadenoma in both my breast kindly suggest any medicine for curable I do not want to have surgery already I had 3 years before surgery but I got again now is there any permanent solution pls suggest.
I am twenty years old. Can I take novelon as daily contraceptive? Will it disrupt my menstrual cycle? I do have a family history of carcinoma. My grandma suffered from breast cancer. Taking all this into consideration should I go for it?
My grand mom is suffering from cancer. As c is in third stage so what should I doo to take care of her cancer? Please give me suggestion. P.
Prolonged use of johnson and johnson baby powder and other talcum base product if use for decade for female hygiene can lead to ovarian cancer.
The most dreadful part of going to work and coming back home is getting stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress level, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long-term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues ad a weakened immune system, which makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and overeating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because, at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions are accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in case where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in the polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter is inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the bloodstream. Long-term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body leading to higher risk of cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the AC setting of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.