Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit Kumar GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, Mera Baby hai (Age 2.5 years) kal se uske mouth mein mouth ulcer ho gaye hai, so please suggest me best medicine tan jo usko jalad relief mil jaye, kujh bhi khaaya nahi ja raha halka fulka fever bhi hai - so please help me. Thanks.
My baby has been just on first food. She got constipated. After trying all household remedies I used suppository and she pooped. Now again she is constipated .and she has fever for first time since her birth. Pl help me.
My son is 6 years old & weighs 15 kg. He looks very small as he is not growing according to his age. We haven't taken any treatment for this. Please help.
Adolescence is a period of transition from childhood toadulthood. It is also a period of biologic, physical, emotional, and cognitive change. Teenagers want to be more independent, have an active lifestyle, and find their identity. They are frequently sensitive to criticism. These factors can put the adolescent at nutritional risk. In addition to growth and greater demand for calories and nutrients, their change in lifestyle affects food choices. Adolescents may skip meals, eat away from home, increase snacking, eat more convenience fast foods, and generally be more responsible for their food intake.4–6
Adolescents today are inundated with images of the “ideal body” from all types of media and at the same time struggling to define their own body image during an impressionable phase of their lives. It is during this time that disordered eating can become apparent and can manifest itself in an obsession with weight control, which can lead to long-term health concerns. Eating together as a family in a relaxed environment is very important at this stage.
The typical adolescent may display the following nutritional habits:
• Derives over 30% of calories from fat
• Skips breakfast (20%)
• Skips lunch (22%)
• Snacks heavily from 3:00 pm to bedtime (50%)
My child is 3.5 years old, Uske stomach me hamesa problem rahti hai. Kuch bhi khaata hai infection ho jata hai.
My daughter is 15 months old. She is having mother feed n do not want to discontinue. I want to know that till what age I can feed her.
Sometimes, the groin and scrotum swell due to the buildup of water like fluid in one or both the testicles. This is known as hydrocele. This condition is not at all painful, but can be uncomfortable at times. In newborn babies, there is an opening between the abdomen and the scrotum; it naturally closes with the passage of time, therefore it’s generally nothing to worry about.
Symptoms of hydrocele:
Scrotum can get enlarged at times
Swelling and redness are common in hydrocele
Also, pressure can be felt at the base of your child’s penis
Pain doesn’t normally occur but in some cases, might occur as your child gets older
How does in occur in babies?
When you are in the last stage of your pregnancy, the baby’s testicles descend from its abdomen to the scrotum. So the fluid in the sac stays within the scrotum and the opening closes naturally after some time.
Can it be treated?
This condition is not usually hazardous to health and is treated usually, if there is immense pain. It can also cut out the blood supply; in this case, it has to be treated as soon as possible. If your child experiences such symptoms, you should take him to a doctor for a physical examination. During this examination, the doctor will shine light near the scrotum.
If it appears as a solid mass, then the assumption is that there is no watery fluid; hence, hydrocele has not occurred. There is a procedure in which the hydrocele is burst open with a small needle, but sometimes, it might relapse. In such a case, surgery is the only reliable option. These symptoms can also persist if your child is diagnosed with hernia. Hence, in such a situation, a surgery would solve both the conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
My child is 8 years old. He has been suffering from allergy since babihood. Now he has been little bit recovered. But for the last 3 months he feels irritation in his throat causing cough continuously. After taking ascoril LS several times, it reduces but in the last week he had a fever with the same cough. Though his fever has been over but he still continuously coughing and reporting that his throat is being irritated, though he has been taking now Cherilos as cough syrup. What should I do to stop his irritation, pls advise.
What are the best Diagnostic tests for examining hearing loss in a child at 5 y old age. Secondly if a child is diagnosed with auditory nerve damage or cochlear tiny hair cells damage it can be treated with medication or there is no cure or hearing add machine can be set. Last thing child with hearing loss at 50 to 60 DB will need to set hearing add machine on both ear if the loss is in both ears and machine will set all the lifetime. Thanks.
My baby girl is 1 month after farting and toilet she releases little poop. Please advise. After every feed she gets 15 min burping.
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.
My daughter premature born now 4 months completed and weight now 3.7 kg and she s suffering from loose motion for 15 days .dr given enterogermina course for 3 days Stool pass reduced from 15 to 10 times per day. She s comfortable and urinate properly. Bit weight not gaining for last 1 month.
Puberty results from activation of gonads (testes in boys/ ovaries in girls) by pituitary hormones LH and FSH. Activated gonads produce sexual hormones (testosterone in boys and estrogen in girls ) which are responsible for gender specific physical changes at puberty along with behaviour changes. Testosterone in boys is responsible for hair growth over pubic area and face with maturation of genital organs, breaking of voice, development of muscular and skeletal system. Similarly, estrogen in girls is responsible for breast development, maturation of genital organs with feminisation of body. Bone maturation with rapid height gain is seen at puberty both in boys and girls. Various systemic and hormonal disorders can result in either late or early puberty.
LATE PUBERTY -
Most of the boys show signs of puberty latest by age of 14 years and most girls start showing signs of puberty latest by age of 13 years. The earliest sign of puberty in boys is enlargement of testes and in girls is height spurt/breast development. When boys older than 14 years and girls older than 13 years don't have any signs of puberty it is called delayed puberty.
CAUSES OF DELAYED PUBERTY -
- Constitutional delay is most common cause of delayed puberty. The constitutional delay means child is not having any illness and he is going to develop puberty spontaneously at later age. But diagnosis of this condition can be made only after physical examination and investigations so that other causes of delayed puberty are ruled out.
- Functional hypogonadotropic Hypopogonadism - Delayed but spontaneous puberty develops. This condition can be seen in systemic illnesses like chronic infections, poor nutritional status etc.
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism - Disorders of pituitary gland result in low LH and FSH so that testes/ovaries are not stimulated and sex hormone is not produced. This can be caused by various genetic disorders, brain tumours, head injury, brain radiation etc.
- Hypergonadotropic Hypogonadism - In this scenario, LH and FSH levels are normal but gonadal are not able to produce sex hormones resulting in delayed puberty.
CONSEQUENCES OF DELAYED PUBERTY -
The absence of age specific pubertal changes cause anxiety and distress in children and their parents. These children may develop low self-esteem and are teased by their peers. Along with the poor development of physical signs of puberty, fertility is also affected in hypogonadism. And most importantly, delayed puberty can be the symptom of serious underlying illness like intracranial tumours etc. These children deserve medical attention to get best results.
Serum testosterone/estradiol with LH and FSH is done to find out where is defect i.e. whether at the level of pituitary gland or at the level of testes/ovaries. Further investigations depend on levels LH, FSH, estradiol/testosterone. Other useful investigations include prolactin, T4, TSH, ray hand for bone age, ultrasound pelvis, MRI pituitary gland etc.
After diagnosis is established, Testosterone/estrogen replacement should be started to boys older than 14 year and girls older than 13 years respectively. Hormone replacement is very effective and usually safe. In adulthood those with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism can be treated with LH and FSH to produce sperms/ eggs so that they can achieve fertility.