Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Kumar Dagra
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit Kumar DagraYour feedback matters!
The thyroid hormones, produced by the thyroid glands, play a crucial role in maintaining the metabolism rate and digestive funtions in the human body. Any abnormality in the production of such hormones makes the body suffer from some symptoms.
The daily diet and the intake of nutrients play a significant role in influencing the creation of the thyroid hormone. Recent trends in consumer behavior indicate a preference for eating processed foods and refined sugar-rich items. These actions trigger thyroid-related health issues.
Here is a quick look at some of the foods that you need to avoid or must include in your thyroid diet.
Foods to avoid
- Sugar: The excessive consumption of refined sugar products or artificially sweetened beverages often leads to stomach infections and the production of harmful pathogens inside the human body. This hampers the production of thyroid hormones. Therefore, excessive sugar in the thyroid diet must be strictly curtailed.
- Gluten: When the immune system starts producing antibodies that harm the thyroid hormones, thyroid malfunctioning becomes obvious. Gluten has been found to be a triggering factor in initiating autoimmune reactions. Therefore, such substances in food must be avoided by thyroid patients.
- Fried foods: Fried foods or processed food products are rich in trans-fats which are responsible for disrupting the production of thyroid hormones. Patients that consume thyroid medicine must make it a point to avoid fried and processed foods.
Foods to consider
- Yogurt: Dairy products are well-known for their nutrient-rich characteristics. Yogurt works magic for the thyroid diet. From supplying the body with probiotics to fight off stomach infections to fulfilling the body's requirement for vitamin D and iodine, yogurt has it all.
- Milk: For those who suffer from the underproduction of thyroid hormones, a daily intake of Vitamin D and iodine is of crucial importance. The regular consumption of milk fulfills the body's requirement of these two nutrients while helping the body to metabolize fat a lot faster.
- Chicken: Often, the reduced intake of zinc influences thyroid conditions such as hypothyroidism. Zinc is one of the micro-nutrients required for the healthy functioning of the thyroid glands. Therefore, people must include chicken in their daily diets. The intake of this form of the animal protein is essential, as it is rich in zinc and also dopamine and amino acids, which help in dealing with thyroid problems.
- Eggs: Being a good source of selenium and iodine, eggs work efficiently in taking care of one's thyroid health. Also, the fat-soluble vitamins in eggs help to eliminate fat deposits that result from malfunctioning thyroids.
Remember, just like the auto-immune conditions, or environmental toxins or stress, your diet can cause problems to the thyroid gland. Unlike other factors, when it comes to nutrition, you can control it and improve it by including healthy and nutritious foods while eliminating items that induce thyroid diseases. In case you are a severe thyroid patient, you must consult with a dietitian before making any changes in your daily diet.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!