Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Amit kumarYour feedback matters!
Hello. My self pregnant from two months. I have high bp from last 4 years and have on medication. But becoz m pregnant so doctor lowers my bp medicine depin return 20 bt my bp never comes below 140/ 80. My doctor alsi prescribes me duphaston 10 mg. I have searched on net and got that it increases high bp sometimes. I am confused and taking the medicine and feeling worried to ask my doctor also if he will disappoint with my asking. Duphaston medicine is for protection. Please advice.
Hello Doc. I am 30years old. My BP stays in the range 140/85-150/88 most of time. Do I need to start medication immediately or lifestyle change should help. I have lowered RICE and sodium intake.
My father got LVH in the ECG report. He is 55 years old and now not doing any heavy work related work. I want to know how serious is this and what should be the next step.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I couch hard. Can you suggest what I should be done?
Priyanka got high bp from last two days, reading was 155/110 What should she do. Also share the reasons.
Dear sir I have cold cough and headache, also I have fever chest pain so which medicine I take please tell.
I get too emotional at times and at sometimes I start crying with no reason. At this time my heart beats too fast and I feel too low and my full body do not work. This time I could not concentrate in any work and if I concentrate in my studies it leads to nausea.
I am 46 years male I am karate instructor today morning I did practice well that time no problem of my chest pain after bathing I felt little dizziness and pain on chest tell me what I have to do ?
I have problem in breathing my lungs pain when I breath and also there is pain in my heart while taking bath I am unable to breath.
Sir. My father has left ventricular hypertrophy and left arterial hypertrophy detected yesterday by ecg. He had a history of hypertension 3 years ago nd treated by medicines but from 2 years he has not taken any medication. He has a history of c5 or c6 cervical vertebra pain and he takes medicines only for this reason. Sir what other necessary test should be done for diagnosis? What is treatment for this CVS abnormality?
I am a heart patients some time my heart beating so fast approx 135 time in one minutes so whats is reason.
Hello I feel heart pain when I hurt by my beloved once specially from my parents. I dream horror of life and hurt from my family .what should I do?
I am a diabetic since 2010 aged 74 years weight 83 kg. I also having hypertension Bp range 150 to 160/90. Having triglycer and cholesterol also. Having frequent urination problem in short intervals. Result of recent test done on 27 Dec, 2016 are as under. BG-F-164, BGPP-158. HbAic -7.5, Triglycer 195 mg, Cholesterol -190 mg, VLDL-3.6 mg, Total cholesterol to HDL Ratio-b 5.4, LDL cholesterol-198 ,URINE cre 1, Urine Glucose 1 and URINE albuminuria-307 mg, I am taking allopathy treatment as GLYCOMET GP 2 times, METOLAR XR 50 two times a day, tonact 20 mg, TAZLOC-40 mg, and AMLONG 5 mg daily. I am very much upset and stressed due to so much Albuminari as 307 mg and afraid of kidney damage. Please advise me is it serious ailment or is reversible? Please suggest me should I continue this treatment or shift to homeopathy treatment. Also please advise what precaution should I take for the cure of ths dreaded decease? How can I lower my sugar and BP. I will be grateful for your advise, Regards
I have hypothyroidism with high LDL cholesterol. Can exercise help me reduce LDL cholesterol - if yes how much & what type of exercise? Is there any cure for hypothyroidism?
My heart asd operation close 3 months before but im diet banana and fish more items eating any problem.
I am 20 years old, I do running, but sometimes in morning when I start running after few seconds I feel pain near heart while running, then I stop running and take a break, after the break m able to run 3-4 kms, why I feel pain in starting of running sometimes?
Dear Doctor Please let me know what could be the reason for breathless ness. Why one feels that he needs more oxygen/breath. It happens several times a day when I feels breathless ness, feels that I need more oxygen but could not take sufficient oxygen inside, try to take long breath but feels like little more breath is needed to feel complete/satisfied. When ever I suffer by breathless ness, I try to complete the breath by yawning which enable me to feel better. Have gone through tests, like- MRI (spine), ECG, BP, Chest Xray, Diabetes - every thing is normal as per doctor Please let me know what is this and why this happens? Suffering since last one month but it don't happens whole day Is it curable?
Hello, I want to know about my father. He is 62 years old. in 2011 he was attached with brain stroke. Now he is taking tablet" telvas am "for controlling bp. But now a days bp is 103/61. So can you please tell me is it harmful for him in future or not? Thanks,
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that results in rapid heartbeat leading to heart failure, stroke, and other cardiac complications. In this condition, the upper valves of the heart beat irregularly. Some of the common symptoms of this condition include weakness, heart palpitations and shortness of breath. There could be several episodes of Atrial fibrillation. Although it is not life threatening, there could be serious complications owing to the nature of the condition. Atrial fibrillation can also lead to a condition known as the ischemia.
What are the different types of Atrial fibrillation?
- Occasional- This condition is also known as paroxysmal fibrillation. Here the symptoms come and go. For few patients, the symptoms might stay for a few minutes, for others, it can stay up to hours before everything becomes normal again.
- Persistent- The beat of the heart does not go back to normal. Medication along with electric shocks might be required to amend the condition.
- Long-standing persistent- This is the kind of Atrial fibrillation that can last up to 12 months at stretch.
- Permanent- This is the type where the erratic rhythm of the heartbeat can’t be restored. Long term medication is required to fix the condition.
What are the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation?
Some of the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation include Coronary artery disease, sleep apnea, viral infection, lung diseases, exposure to tobacco, caffeine, etc, metabolic imbalance, hyperactive thyroid gland, viral infections, congenital heart defects, stress due to illness, pneumonia and surgery, history of heart surgeries etc.
What are the risk factors for Atrial fibrillation?
Here are some of the common risk factors for this condition:
- Age plays a critical role in any cardiac related disorder. The older a person is, the greater are the chances of Atrial fibrillation
- High blood pressure along with unhealthy lifestyle can increase the risk of Atrial fibrillation
- People with a history of obesity can get this disease
- Chronic conditions such as kidney disease, metabolic syndrome, thyroid problems can lead to Atrial fibrillation
- People with an existing heart condition such as heart problem, heart palpitation, valve failure, coronary artery disease etc have an increased risk of suffering from Atrial fibrillation.
How is Atrial fibrillation diagnosed?
A doctor might use one of the many tests or diagnostic technique that are available to diagnose this condition:
- ECG- This is first but an important test to fathom whether there are any irregularities in the heart beat. The sensor presents in the ECG machine throws heart bit diagram in the form of graphs.
- Echocardiogram- This is a technique wherein sound waves are passed through the heart and an image is taken to understand about any possible irregularities. This is a fine test that can readily detect underlying and structural heart diseases.
- Blood tests- Blood tests can help to identify any thyroid irregularity or other condition that might lead to Atrial fibrillation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.