Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have problem of my face and neck, it's becoming very black from 2 years my body skin are perfectly white only my face and neck is becoming black.
I am 27 years old married female having the problem of facial hair. I have lots of hair on face especially on chin. I don't want any surgery or laser treatment. Please advise to reduce or to get rid of these hair permanently. thanks.
I have very weak roots of hair. The scalp is dry itchy n at times painful. My hair are dry frizzy and wavy. They are extremely thin. Some places are bald too. HELP ME! I am just 19 years old. It is really depressing for me.
I have some spots on my face due to chicken pox which was infected 2 months back. What should I do to remove those spots.
I am suffering from long time body allergenic 3 to 4 time in a week, when find the allergy I follow that place is high and aching.
There are so pimples on my face and also skin is so dull how can I bright my skin and removed pimples?
Mai apne hair fall problem she bhot paresan hu mai 21 ka hu aur mere aadhe Baal jhad chuke h koi a Ayurveda se upay btaiye.
I am 20 years old and I want to know how can I get rid from pimples, marks and mostly blackheads (Nose and lips) on my face. What is the home remedy for it please answer me? THANK YOU.
Hello Dr, I heard that in homeopathic treatment they can change the skin color .can we get fairer skin with fargaria vesca 3x ,they say to take 5 drop in one glass of water is it true.
I have so many hairs on my body and private parts. I have pcod problem. Please can you suggest some hair removal cream to remove hairs?
I have numerous pimples and acne. I've consulted many doctors but it was of no use. Please help me through this.
Ayurveda, translated into science of life and longevity, has been practiced in India for more than 5000 years old and has gained worldwide popularity. It uses noninvasive and natural methods and produces minimal side effects and therefore is being widely accepted.
Ayurveda believes that the body is made of pitta, vata, and kapha doshas. Any disease is the result of imbalance between these or predominance of one over the others. Hair loss or alopecia is believed to be imbalance in the pitta dosha. This leads to slower hair growth, weak hair, and greater hair fall rate.
Something that affects image and self - esteem, many would like to cure or at least halt baldness. There are various treatment options that have a dual effect on baldness - reduce hair fall and promote hair growth, thereby providing a holistic treatment for baldness.
- Bhringraj Oil (Eclipta elba): It is used since centuries and promotes the normal hair growth cycle in an accelerated way. It activates a large number of hair follicles and therefore, regular application is believed to help prevent alopecia (baldness).
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica): While baldness has many reasons, dandruff is one of the most important and common causes. Amla is added to many hair oil formulations because of its proven effect to reduce dandruff. It acts on the fungi that thrive on the scalp and reduces inflammation of the scalp.
- Shikakai (Acacia concinna): Another very popular herb is the Shikakai. Used as a hair cleansing agent by many people, it is devoid of the chemical effect that shampoos carry. The pods are proven to prevent dandruff and promote hair growth.
- Tectona grandis: Another active ingredient of Ayurvedic formulations, the seeds of Tectona promote growth and development of hair follicles. Large number of follicles are activated, thereby producing thicker, fuller hair.
- Cuscuta reflexa: Another reason for baldness is hormonal imbalance, especially in males. Abnormalities with androgen, the male hormone, can trigger abnormal hair loss. Adding Cuscuta has been proven to reverse baldness by promoting a better anagen/telogen ratio, where hair follicle maturation happens. In baldness cases, maturation happens only in about 20% of the follicles. Cuscuta activates the follicles and increases follicular density. It also manages the hormonal imbalance by preventing conversion of testosterone into a variant called dihydrotestosterone that is believed to cause the damage.
While these and various other substances are believed to reduce baldness and promote hair growth, it is always important to remember that each body will respond differently to these substances. Thorough physical examination and a detailed history should be done before starting any of these products.
Related Tip: "All About Male Pattern Baldness"