Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit AroraYour feedback matters!
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My son who is 5 years gets lot of burps and has gas. Occasionally complaints of stomach pain. Any home remedy please.
My baby is 2 year and 7 month old having weight 11 kg. My query is she is developing lightly yellowish cavities in her front 2 teeth. I Am so worried what is this? She even eats chocolate and sweets much less. What can be the reason.
My son is weak but he is active age 7 years height 4 ft weight 19 kg, Pls suggest for him, now sometime he feels pain in stomach.
My baby is under weight. He is 3.5 month but looks like 2 month. He is very thin. His weight is 3.8 kg.his birth weight is 3 kg. He is breastfeeding baby. What is take him for health growth & how much?
Hi my daughter age is 10 years but her height is not according to her age and weight also 18 kg. She eats well and fit but not getting weight and height. Pls suggest.
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Sir, my child age 1 years 6 month male weight 10 kg he not eat normally always forces and not latin regularly medicine use homeopathy adel-11 three time daily, he daily eating morning dexolac-3 after two hour later he eat dexolac-3 and what tutee hand made 1 pm-past ricr and vegetable and fish or egg 4.30 pm dexolac-3 and patanjali foot kelox and 7 pm dexolac-3 and kellox and 10 pm dexolac-3 and what rutee, but he not latin regularly when he latin crying he is very then and not sleep proper time at night sleep approx 12. 30 am to 8 am and afternoon 2 pm to4. 30 pm. Thankyou.
" nishamlaki" - tablets are only the first choice of treatment for type 2 diabetes which commonly available as the classical ayurvedic medicine in any ayurvedic medical shop in india. So I advise any of my madhumeha (diabetic) patients in my 40 years of clinical experience as well as teaching ayurveda to my students.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
On successful completion of 4 successful years of specialized dental practice @ dera bassi, abc dentistry offers discount upto 25% on all dental treatment in november, for you just to say thankyou. All you need to do is come for free dental checkup and show this sms to avail the offer. Keep smiling. Contact 9815901670 for appointment
Hi mam I'm Kavi. I'm 22 years old I have a baby 7 months old. When my baby was 3 month old I left him with my mom and went to college to continue my studies .in a day I am spending 4 to 5 hours with him. Even Nw I am studying. So my doubt is will my baby forget me? Will he don't have affection on me. Will he have more affection only on my mom.
I have problem in concentration while reading and Listening. Also at work I forget many things, of course I have to multitask in office but like others I too don't want to forget things. Regarding this office work actually I am not happy doing job here and I want to leave this, I am frustrated here So, that may be a case I am not remembering little things . But the concentration problem is there with me, and I have searched on net regarding this there is something called ADHD. Please tell me what problem I have and how to deal with it? Thanks
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
What are the symptoms of adult adhd and what are the treatments available and is there any permanent treatment available?
My son having repeated fever after one weak before one weak platelet count 2.15 and dengue test was negative kindly advice further.
My son is 3 years old, but he has been suffering from sneezing nose last 6 months, please tell me any treatment,
What is the proper diet of 7 month old babies which milk is best for baby except mother feeding. & how we can gain weight for our baby.
Researchers have revealed that seven-month-old babies have basic social skills and can understand what their parents and relatives are up to..this study says small babies not only observe their surroundings but can also understand social interactions
The results provide evidence that directly links neural responses from the motor system to overt social behaviour in infants