Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amina HussainYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am a female (20 years old. I have been trying to conceive since August 2016. On Dec 17 2016 I did a pregnancy test that is 8 days after missed period I had faint positive line. I did a blood test and it came out to b positive with 122.4 hcg. But after 5 days I had severe pain in body and doctor after doing pelvis ultrasound said that it was chemical pregnancy and so bleed for next 3 days like normal period without much pain. But exactly after 16 days of previous bleeding stops I had bleeding again and it was heavy and so the first two days was brown discharge and next 5 days was bleeding (11-17 Jan 2017. But again on 27 of January I had a spotting (2-3 drops of blood) what could b reason for this spotting .is this to b considered as period or ovulation or anything else? I wish to conceive very soon and so I am trying everyday. But this again and again bleeding or spotting is confusing us? Pls kindly guide wat is the problem with me?
Hi, I and my wife newly married, when we start doing sex, intercourse my sperm get into her vagina, but when I get out from her, sperm get out from vagina. Any specific reason. Should I need to concern on this or is this normal. Kindly advise.
Me and my girl had an intercourse I made sure I didn't load inside two days prior her period she have to start her cycle on 23rd of Feb but she didn't she felt cramps and tender breast and she is discharging white fluid and sometimes she felt her period started but it actually didn't is she pregnant or is it just an irregular period.
Some of the most effective home remedies for varicose veins include the use of olive oil, garlic, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, parsley, horse chestnut, grapeseed oil, pine bark, marigold, and various lifestyle changes.
Varicose veins are the unsightly and uncomfortable veins, most often occurring in the leg, that have become twisted or enlarged, preventing proper blood flow to extremities and forcing your cardiovascular system to work harder to achieve proper unidirectional blood flow. As people age, or if they have professions that make them stand for long periods of time, the veins can often become tangled in this way, preventing the normal leaflets of our veins from directing blood in one direction. When blood begins flowing in opposite directions, it can become extremely painful, whether one is standing or not. While varicose veins rarely result in life-threatening complications, it can still manifest in the form of leg swelling, edema, venous eczema, skin thickening, and visible vein knots in the legs or affected area. While this affliction most commonly affects the legs, as that is where the body must work hardest to overcome gravity and pump the blood back to the chest, it can also occur on other parts of the body.
￼Symptoms of varicose veins include aching legs, swollen ankles or knees, unexplained fatigue in the legs, slow healing time on small wounds or cuts on the legs, cramps, and skin discoloration or irritation on the calves or feet. If you believe that you are suffering from varicose veins, there are some in-hospital treatments that can alleviate some of the symptoms, but these are often temporary, expensive, and, as with all surgeries, carry a degree of risk. Instead, there are dozens of herbal remedies that have been developed, tested, and relied on for years to eliminate varicose veins, treat its symptoms, or keep them under control in a healthy, effective way. Let’s take a closer look at some of these treatments below.
10 effective home remedies for varicose veins
1. Horse chestnut: the extract from horse chestnut seeds is considered extremely effective against varicose veins, as horse chestnuts are astringent in nature and contain a powerful compound called aescin, which inhibits the destructive enzymes that damage capillary walls. Patients suffering from varicose veins can experience a reduction in swelling and pain when the extract is consumed. However, only the extract can be consumed, as raw horse chestnuts contain other compounds that are actually toxic.
2. Grapeseed oil: grapeseed is a very powerful type of natural oil that has long been used to relieve inflammation and muscle pain when applied in a topical manner. Grapeseedextract can also be consumed, but the unpleasant taste often makes people prefer the topical application of the oil. The proanthocyanids contained in the oil can strengthen the capillary walls and resist degradation, while also reducing inflammation and even promoting healthy blood flow to the extremities.
3. Marigold: marigold is rich in antioxidant compounds and vitamin c, both of which are essential for protecting the skin and maintaining the health and strength of veins and capillaries. You can eat marigold petalsdirectly, but that isn’t considered as effective as boiling the petals and then dipping a hot cloth in the boiled water, which should be infused with the beneficial compounds and chemicals. Apply that cloth to the affected area of your leg to experience reduced swelling, an elimination of pain, and and important collagen transfer that can help your body rebuild damaged capillaries and veins to prevent varicose veins from spreading.
4. Pine bark: the proanthocyanid compoundsfound in grapeseed are also present in the bark of pine trees, in addition to other unique compounds in the extracts that strengthen capillary walls, bind collagen to veins, promote elasticity of the veins, improves blood circulation, and even lowers blood pressure. Pine bark extract is widely available and can be used safely for long periods of time if the problem persists.
5. Parsley: this common herb is another popular home remedy for varicose veins, as its high level of vitamin c promotes the creation of collage and subsequent repair of damaged blood vessels. Rutin is the powerful organic compound in parsley that directly affects capillary strength, making it a key herb to add to your diet if you’re suffering from unsightly varicose veins.
6. Apple cider vinegar: as always, it seems like almost any condition can be improved somehow by this magical cure-all. In terms of varicose veins, consuming apple cider vinegar has been shown to detoxify the blood, while also promoting circulation and reduce inflammation. These three factors together make it an ideal tonic for varicose vein conditions. The easiest remedy is mixing two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drinking it two times a day. You can also get undiluted apple cider vinegar and combine it with your normal lotion and apply it to the affected areas. Both remedies are highly effective.
7. Cayenne pepper: the bioflavonoids and vitamin c found in cayenne pepper are able to promote healthy blood flow to the extremities and ease the pain of swollen or aching joints and leg muscles. The pain of varicose veins is often worse than the appearance, and consuming or topically applying a paste of cayenne pepper can definitely help alleviate those uncomfortable situations.
8. Olive oil: as with grapeseed oil, olive oil is able to significantly improve your health. You can rub olive oil on the affected area and allow the rich mixture of organic compounds so the inflammation and pain, and also stimulate repair on injured or degraded capillaries and blood vessels.
9. Garlic: as another apparent cure-all, garlic can break up toxins in the body and stimulate their release, in addition to reducing inflammation and increasing healthy circulation throughout the body. Adding garlic to your diet or regularly applying a garlic paste to the varicose veins can quickly reduce their appearance and discomfort.
10. Lifestyle changes: a number of lifestyle habits can exacerbate varicose veins, including standing for long periods of time, impact exercises or sports, being overweight, wearing high heels, sedentary lifestyle where you don’t walk or move your legs for periods of 30 minutes or longer, excessive alcohol intake, and smoking, which slows down circulation throughout your body. Eliminate or change some of these lifestyle factors and you will see a definite improvements in your varicose vein symptoms.
Pregnancy and motherhood are the beautiful yet crucial phases of a woman's life. When to become pregnant or start family is merely personal and the decision may vary from woman to woman. Now days, women are becoming more independent financially and socially as well. Their priorities are also changing. Before getting pregnant and starting family what they want is the best for their babies from all point of view and therefore most of the women have their first pregnancy after 35 years of age.
The science of the right age to get pregnant:
But what is the scientific approach regarding the right age for conception? According to the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ACOG), the chances of conceiving are highest in 20 - 30 years of age. After 32 years of age the fertility in the women starts decreasing as they have fixed number of eggs in the ovary and the number of eggs decreases with advanced age. The eggs are also not that much fertile as compared to younger women. Problems that can affect the fertility becomes more common with increasing age as well. The older women are more likely to have pre-existing health problems as compared to younger ones. There is increased risk of miscarriages, different complications and birth defects in older age. According to ACOG, the risk for miscarriage for women aged 20 to 30 years is between nine and 17 percent; this rate increases sharply from 20 percent at age 35 years to 40 percent at age 40 years and 80 percent at age 45 years.In between 20 -30 years of age, the fertility rate is high among this age group. The chances of complications, chromosomal abnormality, preterm deliveries and birth defects are minimal. Pregnancy is often physically easier for women in their 20s because there's a lower risk of health complications.
The most important aspect in pregnancy is - YOU
Whatever may be the age of the women during pregnancy, the thing which matters most is the health of the baby and the mother. In advanced age also, mothers need to stay fit and healthy by optimum exercise, healthy nutritional diet and positive approach.
I am 22 I had my sex on March 23 and my last period was March 11 will I become pregnant? Now I am feeling like vomit and sometimes dizziness? Why these symptoms?
Hello Dr. I was pregnant and got my thyroid tested. 1. T4 free FT4 - 0.76 ng/dL TSH 1.222 uIU/mL Started taking thyrowel on daily basis. Rechecked my TSH 1.52 uIU/ml Continued thyrowel till due date. After delivery I got it checked again 2. TT3 - 1.18 NG/ML TT4 - 8.98 UG/DL TSH - 1.64 UIU/ML so I stop taking thyrowel After 2 months in got my thyroid profile done. 3.T3 - 97 NG/DL T4 -5.1 UG/DL TSH - 2.61 UIU/ML I am a nursing mother. Should I start taking thyrowel again? Is it safe to take thyrowel while breastfeeding? Do I have to start thyronorm? What mg?
Before 2 months I consulted to a Dr. Then she told me that I have ovarian cyst in left ovary. It creates problem in pregnancy?
I got intimated using a condom but still I am afraid. I got intimated on the first day of my periods and took a test at home on 12th day after intercourse and the result was negative but I am feeling tingling in nipples. What shall I do?
Doctor, I am 20 years old and I am sexually active for more than 3 years. Yesterday I have had sex with my boyfriend and it was 2nd day of my period we used condoms as protection but I am feeling very weak today. Is there any risk of getting pregnant or anything for having sex during period?
# Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito infected with a dengue virus. The mosquito becomes infected when it bites a person with dengue virus in their blood. It can’t be spread directly from one person to another person.
# Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include:
- Sudden high fever,
- Severe headaches,
- Pain behind the eyes,
- Severe joint and muscle pain,
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever,
- Mild bleeding (such a nose bleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising).
# Diagnosing Dengue Fever
Doctors can diagnose dengue infection with a blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it. If you become sick after traveling to a tropical area, let your doctor know. This will allow your doctor to evaluate the possibility that your symptoms were caused by a dengue infection.
# Treatment for Dengue Fever
There is no specific medicine to treat dengue infection. If you think you may have dengue fever, you should use pain relievers with acetaminophen and avoid medicines with aspirin, which could worsen bleeding. You should also rest, drink plenty of fluids, and see your doctor. If you start to feel worse in the first 24 hours after your fever goes down, you should get to a hospital immediately to be checked for complications.
Hello, for my wife having no cells to geting pregnancy we tried fertility center but we have failed so what treatment we want to take her age was 32 only so pls guide us. Thanks
Hello. I recently got married and we are trying to conceive ever since. I missed my period and its been 5 days since. We did a home pregnancy urine test with VELOCIT with the first urine of the morning. However the device showed as negative. What should I do. Should I get a blood test done to determine pregnancy?
I have been having a weird itching in my vagina for a couple of weeks. Initially it hurt like hell to pee but that eventually subsided to mild irritation. Should I still be worried?
I am 29 year old woman. My menses last for 3 days only and the colour of it is kind off yellowish. What can be the reason and is it normal ?
In case you have a diseased uterus, which makes you infertile, you can undergo a procedure known as uterus transplant or uterine transplant to get pregnant. In the process of sexual reproduction, a diseased uterus does not allow embryonic implantation. This factor is referred to as uterine factor infertility or UFI. As a result, you will not be able to get pregnant.
Who requires a uterus transplant?
This procedure involves women who have UFI and women who had their uterus removed by hysterectomy. Women who have a damaged uterus on account of an injury or infection, which does not function anymore, can also undergo a uterus transplant procedure. Women from the age of 21 to 45 are eligible for this procedure. Many women are born without having a uterus. This condition is called Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome.
Uterus transplantation begins with undertaking a uterus retrieval surgery on the uterus donor. The uterus, which is recovered has to be stored and transported to the location of the patient undergoing the transplant. An ischemic tolerance may last over 24 hours. Three major surgeries have to be carried out with the recipient. Firstly, a transplantation surgery is required in which the donor’s uterus gets transplanted. In case pregnancy develops, a caesarean section surgery has to be performed. The patient is given immune suppressive therapy. After childbirth, a hysterectomy is done in order to terminate the immune suppressive therapy.
Will the women be able to get pregnant after having sex?
Women receiving a uterus transplant will not be capable of becoming pregnant without undergoing fertility treatments. The transplanted uterus is not connected with the fallopian tubes, which is the location of the normal fertilisation process. The women will require to carry out IVF or in vitro fertilisation to become pregnant after a uterus transplant. IVF is a process in which the eggs are removed from the ovaries and get fertilised in a laboratory. Then, they are implanted in the uterus. After undergoing the uterus transplant procedure, a woman has to wait for a period of one year. The uterus requires time for healing and after recovery, the embryo may be implanted for pregnancy. After giving birth successfully, a woman will be able to keep the transplanted uterus.
She has the option to get pregnant again. However, after giving birth twice, a hysterectomy must be carried out for the removal of the uterus. This is done so that the woman can stop using the immune suppressant drugs, which are associated with major risks. Uterus transplant is a relatively new technology. In October 2014, the first healthy baby was born to a woman who had undergone a uterus transplant. This surgery is kind of experimental in nature and is usually the last option for getting pregnant.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult an IVF Specialist
Hello Doctor, I am from ahmedabad I recently got married, my wife's period date was 11th but due to pooja and wedding function she had taken tablet for extend the period time. after 1 week she had her period. And during this period we had physically without any protection so I give her unwanted 72 tablet, Her period had around 18-24 july, 2016 Now after 1 week she is having bleeding so can you please suggest about it, also I am little bit confused that is she pregnant or Not. Also suggest should I consult or visit gynecologist or not ? Please reply fast on this.
DIETARY AND LIFESTYLE IN UPCOMING SHARAD RTU
Sharad rtu starts from September end till October.The upcoming season is sharad famous for sharad purnima according to bhartiya tradition.If you follow the dietary and lifestyle regimen as mentioned in ayurveda you can avoid many diseases and postpone many genetic disorders like diabetes mellitus,hypothyroidism,hypertension etc.
· Eat sweet,bitter,astringent,cold foods when there is good appetite.
· Take medicated bitter ghee.
· Utilize rice,barley,wheat,green gram,jaggery,grapes,gooseberry,honey .Eat food that are easily digestible.
· Cow’s milk,ghee,kheer,raisins and black grapes are especially recommended foods in this season.
· Eat in moderation as digestive fire is weak in this season.
· Clothes should be loose and light coloured.
· Avoid taking sun bath.
· Avoid sleep during daytime.
· The rays of the moon are beneficial to the health in this season only in the evenings.They are exceedingly cool in the night and hence may be harmful in the night.
· Avoid pungent,sour,salty foods,curd,oils and alcohol.
· Avoid kshara based food and overeating.
· Avoid fried,spicy,sour,asafetida,red chillies,sesame seed oil,mustard oil,millet,corn,ginger garlic,onion,tamarind,mint leaves,cucumber,fenugreek seeds,ladies finger,brinjals,urad dal,groundnut.
Common Diseases In Sarad Rtu
· Burning sensation in body
· Excessive sweating
· Skin diseases
· Liver Diseases