Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Amina HussainYour feedback matters!
My wife didn't get menses for 13 months. Now she is getting for last four days. 3 days normal + 1 day just stains. Is she in menopause? What can be the reason?
Reasons for spotting during pregnancy and what you can do about it
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting.
I am having pain on left side of my lower abdomen, the pain is spreading to half of my back also. Sometimes I am having the feeling of vomiting and headache. I am also urinating frequently. Had a routine test of urine. But no infection found. I was trying to conceive but don't understand whether these are early pregnancy symptoms or something else. My previous cycle was on 27th Jun. Please help.
Hi, I have a big worry in my mind, kindly help me about it. So I am 23 years old and my weight is 42 kgs. I have been having brown discharges since the past 2-3 days. I am really worried about why this is happening. I want to clear up that I have a boyfriend and we have a healthy relationship but we have never had sex, to simply say, I am a virgin. Such discharges are making me nervous, and this morning there was a little blood in there too. Kindly suggest what should I do now, I have faced such discharges earlier and had an ultrasound and consulted with doctors but they said nothing major was wrong with me. Kindly suggest what should I do now?
Over time, in our day-to-day lives, we keep dumping external factors like stress, pollution, etc. Inside our bodies. After it goes beyond your limits, there comes a time when the body needs to be cleansed, for it to function smoothly. Our body and our mind both go through a lot, for which detox is required from time to time. So, how does one know that the body needs detox? the body lets you know, and this is how:
1. Depression: you mood starts failing you and you feel stressed all the time. Depression seems to be looming over your head. You start eating wrong and eating more. Detox will not help cure clinical depression, however a mind detox helps rejuvenate the mind and allow positivity to flow in. A short vacation or even a staycation helps a lot. And if you have very less time, just take an afternoon off and spend it doing what you love the most.
2. Constipation: this is the sign that your stomach needs cleansing. You've been eating a lot of trash and the foods going inside you are not supporting proper digestion. A good cleanse with clean your colon completely, along with the digestive tract. This will help you digest better.
3. Laziness: if you are feeling fatigued and drained of energy even after a good night's sleep, and/or throughout the day, there is not much cup after cup of coffee can do. In fact, caffeine only makes the situation worse. In such a situation, it is advised that you go for a body and mind detox to get rid of all the toxins in the body.
4. Losing focus: we all lose focus at times. But if this is becoming a constant feature and the mental fog is just not lifting, this is your body telling you how desperately it needs a detox. Listen to your body and free yourself from the toxins.
5. Weight gain: unexplained weight gain and then inability to lose weight is a big concern, especially the inability part. This is an indication that you need to wipe the slate clean and start afresh. Cleanse your mind and body, and then start on your path of losing weight.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
I HAVE got my CAROTID DOPPLER REPORT Both common carotid arteries are normal in course and caliber with normal age related internal thickening. Colour doppler imaging reveals normal colour filling. Spectral traces show normal wave form and flow velocities Right CCA 0.62M/SEC LEFT cca 0.67n/sec Opinion right carotid bulb showing soft hypoechoic plaque in the medial wall causing 33% luminal narrowing. The plaque is going into proximal part of ICA PLEASE ADVISE I AM SO DEPRESSED.
I have sex with my boyfriend 1st time now I 'm getting pelvis pain when pass urine So tell me what should be do.
Hello mam, My preg placed on sep. 11 th, 2015 Oct 16th 2015 (11 week) Dec 18th 2915 (20weeks) Feb 17th 2016 (27 weeks) March 7 th (33weeks) Delivered a baby on april 2016 (36 to 37weeks duration) Pls let me know who is father for my baby did the new guy dna? Or my husbands. I was with my husband for the hole month of august n only on sep 4th 2015, this incident happened. Pls let me know im confused.
Hi, and I'm unmarried, I'm 22 years old, and I have no sexual relation, I have a problem that my period is not regular, swelling in my stomach and pain in lower abdomen since last month, my periods date was 05.05. 2016 but still periods not came. Please suggest some tips that what can I do.
Dear sir. I am recently married 6months completed still I am not having pregnancy I am not getting ovum.
My wife is having irregular periods and abdominal pain for 1 years. He has been advice for weight loss and some regular medicine for 3 months. But she has done everything but nothing much helped. What should I do doctor? Thank you. She is 23 and weight 43 kg and height 5.2 ft.
I am getting itching near my vagina and boils inside the intercourse area? Please tell me a solution for it.
Since 1 weak my wife is feeling anonymous pain in her breast, is it a symptom of pregnancy or anything else.
My son is one and a half month old he is not at all breastfeeding as I try to breastfeed him he cries a lot nonstop. So which milk is best for him. As Dr. said I have flat nipple so I tried nipple shield also but than too he is not breastfeeding. Kindly suggest some alternate way to breast feed him or milk of which animal is best for him.
I am married for 2 years and 7 months. Till we don't have a child. All of the tests that we took says everything is normal. Still why it is not happening?
Sir, My wife is now 6 weeks 6 days pregnant. Today she faced mild bleeding. After scan doctor said there is chance of having threatened miscarriage and gave some tablets and said to continue for two weeks. Presently she is using tablets. Please suggest me how come I know the baby is healthy or not There will be any symptoms for going to get miscarriage.
I am taking Metformin and ovabless for pcod, can it also help regularize my period as I have also irregular period problem.
The muscle you are working during kegels is called the pc muscle (pubococcygeus), and it's the same muscle you use when you control the flow of urine. Think about when you go pee then someone knocks on the door and you stop the stream of pee that muscle that you contract to stop the flow of urine is the pc muscle. Try flexing it right now.
This is also the muscle you use to hold in a fart. If you haven't found it yet, pretend you are holding in a poop that's the muscle. When you do these, try not to flex other muscles, like your stomach or thighs. It's okay if you're squeezing your butt hole (that's part of the pc muscle), but don't squeeze your butt cheeks.
A kegel exercise routine will consist of contracting this muscle several times, at different lengths, and resting between reps. Try holding the muscle for 1 second. Try 3 seconds. Try 8 seconds. When you are new to this it is difficult and normal if you can only hold for a second or two. You will get better with time!
A workout routine will involve a few sets of these. For example, squeeze for 5 seconds, rest for 5 seconds, and do that 10 times. Now wait a minute and repeat the whole thing again. Some people prefer a static routine of 2 sets of 10 reps at 5 second holds, others come up with varying sets.
Also try doing these in different positions. Try standing up, sitting down, crouched, and in the fetal position. Try legs apart and legs closed. Some positions may be easier for kegeling than others.
Remember to breathe holding your breathe during these will make it more difficult you may get turned on while doing these. That's fine, just go with it! you're only doing 2 things tensing or relaxing those pee-stopping muscles. It's best to do on an empty bladder, so if you have to pee, go to the bathroom before. As with any exercise, the more you stick with it, the better you become. Don't give up if you don't see results in a day you'll see results within a week!