Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My 4 year old daughter has suffered with severe chronic constipation since birth. When she was born she was admitted in the neonatal for 9 days due to abdominal distention, feed intolerance, suspected sepsis, vomiting bright green bile and Meconium Ileus. She did not pass her meconium for 33 hours and it was passed due to a paediatrician giving her a suppository. It's now getting worse as she is getting older. She suffers with abdominal distention, leakages, agonising pain, passing a lot of gas and cannot walk sometimes due to the pain. She has been on 5 different laxatives (lactulose, movicol, docusate, sodium picosulfate and sennakot) now of them have worked and she has also had 2 enemas that did not work also. She has had a biopsy done for Hirschsprung's disease and it came back normal and all her bloods are normal as well. She is missing a lot of school due to this and her doctors don't seem to think it's serious but after all the medication she's had I think differently. She used to pass a stool and get some relief for a few weeks now it's just days till the pain starts all over again like she isn't getting any relief at all anymore. It can be 3 weeks before she passes a stool. I've done some research and seen that meconium ileus can be related to cystic fibrosis and I've seen that you can have it in the digestive system also. Could this be a possibility for her?
My baby who is 1 years old, is having yellow urine, this ive noticed quite a no. Of times. Can this be anything serious? She has almost 450-500 ml of water a day, but still the urine is pale. Kindly guide me.
My son was 4 months old and was formula feeding. Since last 45 days he was suffering with motions and vomtings due to lactose intolerance problem, when I gave him zero lac everything went good but the problems repeats if I use other feeding. Please suggest me can I use zerolac regularly.
Meri 1 year 6 month old baby h. Usko loose motion ho rhe h. Or latrine me khoon aa ra h. Khoon kyu aa ra h? Or vo bahut kmjor ho gya h please give solution.
I am an adult of 34 age(m). My child is having chicken pox. Some one suggested to take acyclovir -400 DT tablets 1 tablet per day for five days is it ok? Are there side effects because of this tablets. And this dosage is ok or I should take it more per day?
My son is 9month old baby. He has shown no interset in crawling and sitting with out support. What I will do? am very suffering for my son.
My daughter is 5 year old & suffering from b-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia & her treatment is continue under aiims hospital new delhi. My question is that is there any other ayurveda & homeopathic medicine, if yes then can I start it simultaneously or not? please help me. I will wait for your favorable reply. With best regards
For the last one month my 5 years old daughter has been complaining of stomach ache but nothing serious or acute. Buy last 3 days she is having fever and refusing to eat. Though fever has reduced today but she is not eating and complaining of stomach ache n legs pain. Doctor has advised to give drotin ds suspension if she had acute pain in stomach but she says it not too much but refuses to eat or drink as she says her stomach pain. Should I giv the medicine. Pls help. She is restless for 3 nights. Crying and waking up.
Hey doc, My 1.5 year baby is not eating anything these days. May due to teething. ;His stool also looks like loose Motion that have too much faul smell. What should I give him to eat that help him to recover. Khichdi dalia kuch b nhi kha raha. Please suggest me as soon as possible.
My daughter is 1.2 year old. She is not having her food in time. Only bottle milk feeding 5 to 6 times a day. Before a month she had food, juices etc but now she is not ready to eat anything. Is there any reason for not having food?
Hello Doctor, My baby is two months old and he is not having milk properly I think because of gas in his stomach. I gave colimex he get relief but again it happen.
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.