Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Podiatrists in India. You will find Podiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Podiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amarpal Singh SuriYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor my grandmother problem was diagnosed as cervical cancer stage ll B And she gone through radiation treatment for period of 2 months later on days she was fine after for period of 3 months she faced ascites and again under went to hospital for treatment doctor examined for tests LFT, RFT, ultrasound and CT scan Ultrasound diagnosed as liver cirrhosis But liver function test shows normal Taped ascites fluid send for test 3 times Got the result as negative for malignant cells. And aslo Cytology smear of Omental strands shown as negative for malignant cells. Abdominal and chest CT scan diagnosed as moderate hydrometer And left pleural effusion and retroperitonial nodes. This all test done in mnj hospital hyderabad Doctors couldn't find any thing to treat and suggested us to admit in osmania hospital that she has liver problem. But here in osmania doctor sent us again for same repeated test as bole And doctor says after seeing reports due to cancer only she facing ascites doctor My grand mother from last 2 months she only on bed facing bed sores and swollen legs kindly Doctor look into this note and help me out and suggest for better treatment.
My mother is suffering from pain in legs and feet. Recently her reports showed high uric acid (8.7). Though she is medicated, I would be highly obliged if you can suggest some home remedies, what should be eaten and what not ?
How and why are gallstones formed?
The bile in your body contains enough chemicals to dissolve cholesterol excreted by your liver. In case your liver starts excreting more cholesterol than your bile has the capability to dissolve, the excess cholesterol crystallizes and forms stones. Bile may become concentrated if the gallbladder doesn't empty in the time leading to the formation of gallstones. A number of factors can increase the risks of formation of gallstones like:
- high cholesterol
- being obese/overweight
- being an American Indian or Mexican American
- being female
- falling in the age group of 60 or above
- a family history of gallstones
- rapid weight loss
- consumption of cholesterol-lowering medications
- When should you consider undergoing surgery?
In some cases gallstones that are detected during ct scan or ultrasound (without any symptoms) don't require surgery. If you do not feel aggravating pain in your upper right abdomen or other signs and symptoms, then one can postpone the surgical process according to the need. In few instances, it has been seen that small and solitary gallstones can be dissolved with oral medication like ursodiol and chenodiol. However, you need to opt for surgery to remove the gallbladder necessarily in the following cases-
- sudden inflammation or infection in the gallbladder
- if you experience recurring instances of intense pain due to the gallstones
- certain growths known as polyps develop in your gallbladder which is larger than 1 cm in size and begin to give rise to numerous symptoms.
- if you have pancreatitis, which is a condition involving inflammation of pancreas due to gallstones
- if the wall of your gallbladder gets calcified
- your immune system is damaged
- you are experiencing symptoms and your gallbladder has ceased to function