Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Amanjot SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 35 yrs old and am suffering from sneezing and nasal discharge since last 10 years, I have got my allergic check up and according to report I have dust allergy. I have started immunotherapy treatment and currently using m3 oral drops, but I have problem in teeth, I have cavities and sensitivity due to which I feel that my eye lids are stuck to each other. And I cant tolerate bright lights like computer, sun, mobile etc. Whats the connection between teeth and eyes? or is it because of nasal discharge that my eyes are affected? please advice. Thanks
My mother is 63 years old. She is suffering from tuberculosis meningitis since 1 year due to which my mother has got hearing and eyesight loss. Also hearing loss is increasing doctor has no clear confirmation when she gets well also medication is continuing. Kindly help. I have consulted neurologists but none of them are of any hopeful help. Can you please help or guide me where to find it.
I am not having any visual problem but still my eyes are yellowish since many years. I don't understand why is it so.
Meri ek eye thodi kamjor h or dusri shee to chsma dono aanko pr number ka lagna Shi he ya ek eye pr number ka or dusri pr normal. Mtlb chsme ka ek glass to number ka Jese (.50) or dusri eye pr normal Jese (0.00) lagana Shi he. Ya fir dono eye pr hi number ka lagana Shi rhega.
Dear Dr. I have eye problems because I working night shift on company so my eyes are effected by light problem. Tell me some helpful tipa.
There is always a pain in my eyes and itching also and wen I rub it then it gets swollen and gets red. Is it allergic? am using milflox.
I have -7.5 power on my right eye and -6 power on my left eye since year 2000. Now I want to know whether contact lenses is suitable for me or not. Is there any negative point for the use of contact lenses. Thanking you.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.