Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aman DuaYour feedback matters!
I have acne marks and scars. I want to get rid of it. Suggest me something. My face looks so dull and there is no shine on my face. Kindly suggest.
I am only 23 and having white hair on my head from last 7-8 years. It looks very bad as it can be clearly seen. Can these white hair can be turned black. What should I do.
I have pimple problems on face and I want to reduce the black spot so pls suggest me some solutions.
I am 20 year old female. I have a polymorphic light eruption on my forehead. I have used hydrochloroquine for 15 days on the advice of my doctor, but it is of no use. The rash still persists and also itching.
Mere face pr kale nishan bahut h or pimple bhi bahut h kafi treatment liye h pr koi farak nhi pda koi tips de.
Hi I'm 23 but I lack facial hair also my dad haven't got any plenty. But I need to grow beard can you suggest me something.
I have a cut on my forehead just near to the eye brows which is near about 3-4 mm deep I taken tha first-aid. Will it required to go for stitches if it is yes then is it possible to remove mark of tha cut.
My age is 19 I have so pimples in my face abd dark spots I was so many face wash using but dark spots not going. Ehat I can do.
I have hair fall problem since 2 year now I going to be half bald so please help me out how to control my baldness.
I am suffering from psoriasis since last ten years. Tried homoeopathy treatment but the problem still persists. Please advise.
I am 22 years old I am having dandruff and hair fall problem. How can I cure the dandruff and hair fall completely.
I am loosing my hairs quickly please give solution to give me why growth my hair and stop losing hair.
I have very small breast, I have hypo thyroid problem for 10 years, using thyronorm 50 mg tablet daily, my major problems are depression, constipation, hair loss, can you suggest how to increase my breast size in natural way.
Am krishnaveni am 28 years old and I am suffering from severe hairfall. Can you suggest me best hair oil and good food and shampoo.
I have dark black colour discolouration on my neck from 4 years. I had used so many creams and medicines which prescribed by doctors. But I did not find any kind of cure yet now. What should I do to get my normal skin colour back. Can you please help me?
Hai This vinod I have a small problem day by day my lips are becoming black. I never smoke but every one asking me r you smoking. I am getting irritation by hiring that word. please suggest me to turn into white.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.