Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Altaf Ahmed
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Altaf AhmedYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am a girl of age 21. From 2 days I'm having a single pimple in skin beside urethra (may be labia majora in scientific terms). Its paining a lot. I have been using a public toilet in a office. Is it the cause for it? What's the remedy? Is there any home remedy?
Some more hidden health benefits of Yoga
Taking the BMI in the right path will be really important when you wish to stay fit and healthy for a longer period of time. BMI must be regularly measured and maintained as per the height of an individual. If you have been practicing Yoga on a regular basis, your body weight will be proportionate with regards to your height which is a healthy sign altogether.
Improvement in sexual life
Today, due to pressure and stress in work life, the sexual life and love making process is getting deprived. Trail has been conducted between two group of people where group 1 performed Yoga on a regular basis and the other group does not. After 12 weeks, individuals in the first group reported boosts and improvement in sexual arousal but the other group does not feel anything. This proves that Yoga improves sexual health and gives satisfaction in married life.
Reducing migraine frequency
Most of the people suffer from the problem of migraine today due to exposure to sunlight for a long time and other lifestyle as well as environmental factors. These people get severe headaches in episodes. Sometimes the headaches last for a long time where as in other case the headaches stay for very less period. People with the affect of severe migraine gets repeated headaches within few hours or a day. But, if you can practice Yoga, this problem of migraine can be effectively reduced. First of all the frequency will be reduced and there after more benefits will come in the way.
Increases immunity level
People with low level of immunity come across variety of diseases due to change in season or micro bacterial affect. Thus, it is important to increase their immunity level. Yoga is one of the effective ways of increasing the immunity level in every individual. You must practice Yoga on a regular basis in order to stay physically fit and keep all the diseases away. During the change in season, most of the people are affected by cough and cold. This is due to the fact that they have very low immunity level that can hardly fight with the diseases. You must start practicing Yoga immediately to stay away from such diseases.
Reduces food carving
There are people with increased level of food carving especially when they have come out for shopping or an outing. The tendency of having fast food with spices all around is also seen among individuals most of the time. But, if you can practice Yoga on a regular basis, the fact of food carving will be reduced many fold. You can only consume healthy food with lots of vitamins and minerals. Automatically, the tendency of gaining flab in some parts of body such as stomach, thigh, hands etc will be reduced. You can portray yourself as a beautiful and stunning individual with great fitness appearance.
Reduces menstrual cramps and pain
You must be hearing that most of the people are suffering from menstrual cramp and pain during the process. This happens every time before starting the periods and after it comes into occurrence. But, repeated yoga activity will be a wonder to reduce such painful menstrual cramp. There has been proven fact that people who have been practicing Yoga has reduced menstrual pain.
I am 27 year old female. Few months back in June I was sick with dengue and since then I am experiencing heavy hair fall. Almost half my hair thickness has already gone. Please advise what should I do now? PS: I had straightened my hair 2 years back but didn't experience any significant hair loss before dengue.
My skin of face is dark to compare with my hand, leg and other parts of my body colour. What is the remote for that.
I have frequent white discharge since 1 month and pain during intercourse. Please suggest me the medication.
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouse of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties.
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are rich in gluten, like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our body. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: As per studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds are also very effective against breast cancer.
Flax seeds by no means are a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them to your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.