Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alok BhandariYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My 4. 5 yrs old daughter is having andenoids problem - enlarged tonsils. She has a sound sleep. No noise from nose while sleeping. X-ray showed enlarged tonsils. Need treatment.
My daughter is 5 year with height of 114 cms and weight of 30 kg at this age with the above mentioned height do you think she is over weight. Also suggest few exercise for her. She does not have any problem now her eating habits are as per schedule. She was born 9 lbs so normal wght. She likes fruits most also has proper deit with protein.
My four month old uses me as a pacifier to sleep. Please help me how can I stop his habit. He is only on breast feeding. I have not given him pacifier.
Hi Dr. Greetings for the day! My baby girl birth with cleft palate now she is 4 months old. And I am planning to fit a feeding plate. Now my question is 1. If I fit feeding plate now will it be remove later at the time of surgery, or the same plate will be fixed for permanent. Also she is not gaining weight as ASD and PDA (7mm) was there from birth. Now only PDA (5mm) is there. Kindly suggest how she will gain weight. Birth weight 2.5 kg now she is in between 2.6 to 2.7 kg.
Hello doctor My son now 14 month old He can not sit. Can not support his neck His birth on 7 month of pregnancy. And 1 month keep in nursery. His weight is 7 kg Please suggest me doctor.
My baby is 3 months I am not having enough milk I tried all products which Dr. suggested but still I am not getting milk.
Hello mera abhi 4 oct ko baby boy hua h operation SE wo din me 20-25 baar poti karta h mujhe bahot tention ho rhi h please bataiye main kya karu.
My son is 5 yes old he had viral fever last week but his fever was not down so my family doctor was giving him lumerax 40 12hrly but he was not not fine with that but now he is having abnormality in walking he cannot stand please help me.
My 1 and half year old baby doing very hard stool. Today also found some blood traces. She is also not willing to eat.
My daughter was 10 months old. Her weight is 6.7. She is soo active, but the problem is not gaining properly. Her birth weight is 2.4.Wat was the food to feed her to gain weight.
My son has a problem that he doesn't like to eat home made food. He has no interest in eating any sort of home made food. He sits for long long hours hungry without eating anything. please help me wat should I do? Should I give him any tonic?
My son was just complete 3 years, last few days he is suffering itching his toe we have consult a child specialist and the doctor give a ointment cream for relief itching but have not got any relief. What should we do now?
My son is 3 years old. All of sudden, while taking his dinner, he started severing and temp was 104. We gave him Meftal P and Augmentin. He was in fever for the whole night and the next day we took him the Paediatrician. He gave a 5 day course of -Ibugesic Plus, Nutrolin-B, Ziprax-100, After talking medicine, he got started with colic pain and toilet. We consulted doctor and was prescribed metrogyl and zinconia. Though there is some relax, but there is frequent toilet with mucus and blood. For last two days. Please suggest.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!