Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alok BhandariYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My son who aged 10 yrs. Had suffered from cough. As per doctors suggestion. Done mantoux test and the value is 11. Medication is over. Now no symptoms of cough. Should I go for again the same test to confirm whether the TB symptoms are gone or not. Is there any chances to get TB in future. Pl clarify. What should I do.
I have given bandy to my 3 yrs old son in the month of June. I still feel he has worms. How often can we use albandazole and whats the dosage as it comes in 10 ml pack. Also please suggest symptoms of worms.
Sir, how much is the recovery chance of AML (acute myeloid leukemia). The patient is 7 years old girl.
Tell me what are the reasons for giving Hepatitis B injection to new born baby after on month. Are there any side effects of it ? Thank You
My daughter is 5 years old. Now a days after eating little bit of breakfast, she has stomach pain & vomiting. But in noon & night she is eating well. What is the reason for this symptoms?
I am lactating mother my baby was 7 months old now I am having stomach pain from few months doctor told to use antibiotic if use antibiotic I should not feed my baby can I stop breastfeeding for my baby is that ok for my baby's health I will give formula milk to him.
My wife born a baby on 18 oct. By seizerion. But she does not feed due to lack of milk. If milk is flow then baby does not grip nipple. Nipple is slip from her mouth. Plzzz suggest what can do?
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
The problem is rooted in brain chemistry, not discipline. In fact, overly strict parenting - which may involve punishing a child for things he can't control - can actually make ADHD symptoms worse.
Professional interventions, such as drug therapy, psychotherapy, and behavior modification therapy, are usually required - follow child psychiatry n learn more.