Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Alkesh ChoudaryYour feedback matters!
I have facing a problems regarding eye issues. My I sitting in front of computer then my eyes water drops.
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or to improve their vision, including wearing glasses, lenses, and many more. Here are some effective exercises, which can prove to be highly beneficial to improve your eye health:
This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
3. Focus switching
This particular eye exercise is probably the most useful one to improve eye health. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes, which are twenty feet away.
This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
5. Deep blinking
This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. What you have to do is to place some large letters are at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds are over, you have to open your eyes and then you have to see the letters for a second or two. The more number of times you do this, the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
However, these eye exercises are not universally accepted by all doctors.
I have a pain in left side eye, jaw, upper teeth,neck and head also. All in left side since last 3-4 days during my fever.
I am having a small sore at the gum for months. It is not paining. Sometimes I could see little bloody. So times I could see puss. What it might be?
I am facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
Meri ek eye thodi kamjor h or dusri shee to chsma dono aanko pr number ka lagna Shi he ya ek eye pr number ka or dusri pr normal. Mtlb chsme ka ek glass to number ka Jese (.50) or dusri eye pr normal Jese (0.00) lagana Shi he. Ya fir dono eye pr hi number ka lagana Shi rhega.
Hello doctor. I am 29 years old. And I'HV got eye operation (flex scan) last year (23/03/2015). N I HV put eye drops as suggested by doctor for 3 months n after that due to eye pain I took antibiotics capsules n eye drops. But after that they hv suggested me not to put any eye drops in my eyes n no need to splash water into eyes. But on Lybrate I have seen an article in which you have given tips to protest eyes n in that thr is mentioned that splash water in eyes then should I do this. Sometimes I feel itching n don't feel normal (left eye). Whenever I use mobile n watch TV or do any work I feel pain. Even sometimes due to work I have to go outside in dust or bale. N eyes catch dust n dis creates problem. Now tell me what should I do in this situation. Kindly gv me solution.
Hi I am devideen , I have eye problem I am doing computer work whole day, I am facing eye weakness and dryness and itching , kindly suggest me, which medicine I should take for relief , Thanks.
I am 24 years old and I want to get rid of long sightedness which came since two years back and I am not happy to use glasses or lens so give me right tips for reducing my ailment?
HiMy Dad suffers from diabetic retinopathy. He has tried laser treatment but doesn't work. The other option is eye injections. I wanted to know the cost of this injection treatment in Mumbai. Considering he takes expensive injections.
Sir I have done my eye prk on 27 dec 2014 .it was all good but with time it decrease .give best sop to improve again Thnku.
My eyes are paining from last one week. It getting red normally. Getting pain. Daily when I wake up from bed and normal times. Some of white matter comes normally. Both eyes does occurs sequentially. What was the solution to it?
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.
I am 61 years old and today is the third day of conjunctivitis. My vision is slightly affected due to swelling and pain in the eyes. It is not sticky like the last time about thirty years ago?
Sir I have central serous retinopathy on my left eye for last two month. What should I do? Kindly do the needful.
Hi, I have a neck pain from last 4 months it spread all over my left hand and I took physiotherapy for 5days after that I went to orthopedist he says it cervical slip with c5 and c6, he suggested me to take MRI for dat, again I didn't went there. Please suggest me any remedy for that.
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury. Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.