Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka VohraYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend and me one night sex without any protected and next bay I give up IPill so doctor any problems.
We had sex on 21st of November and my wife's last periods started on 9th November. Now she got some bleeding on 7th December and it stopped on 8th. She is having backache and frequent urination. Is she pregnant?
Hi sir/ madam, my name is sagar my blood group is AB+ and my wife blood is B- any issues during the pregnant.
I am 31 years old. I got my periods on 1st dec and I am still bleeding. For reference I have polycystic ovary syndrome. Is this because of this? Can you suggest some medicine. This is the 1st time I am facing this.
I had sex my wife. And after24 hours she take unwanted72 pill. Here any chance she can pregnant? His period date is 14 dec but it s 21 dec but period is not come? please help me.
How to avoid severe menses pain after marriage without pain killer because I got married on sep but last month I am taking pain killer during menses time. Will it affect pregnancy? IS THAT THE REASON THAT I AM NOT GETTING PREGNANT YET. Please help.
Hello madam what if without intercourse my gf urine test came positive. What should we do next and we want to go for abortion.
I am suffering with pcod problem in which I have imbalance hormones and irregular periods.What ll be the proper diet to reduce my weight?
I am 57 years old. My right breast was removed because of a small lump in2006. I have no sugar or bp. Since todays slight swelling on my right shoulder nearer to neck slight reddish colour .masauged with zandubam now and observed that both sides swelled little bit and the neck seems little bit shrinked. May be body stress or sleeping. Please suggest a medicine.
I am 30 years old and 4 months pregnant. I was diagnosed with hypothyrodism (24.6 tsh value) at 8th week of pregnancy. Doctor recommend 50 mcg thyrodite tablet daily. After one week I was tested again and level comes out to be 10.96 tsh value. And after 20 days it again comes out to be 10.6. Will it harm my child or not. Please tell me what shoud I do ?
I was married 3 years ago, I am going for pregnancy treatment they said that you have a less quality of eggs so they asked me to go for IUI as I have waited for normal pregnancy .is that true.
Hello I am 37 years old & my wife is 35 years old we are trying for our first baby not yet successful we have sex from 5th day of her period every alternate day till she gets her period. First I give her pleasure (orgasm) by foreplay and have sex with Johnson baby oil as lube. Are we making any mistakes please advice worried a lot. Thanks.
I have taken i-pill within 24 hours of having sex. Though we use condom. Is there is chance of being pregnant still?
6 must-have foods during your first trimester
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Make the habit of doing sun salutations (surya namaskaras) every morning, this simple routine is not only beneficial for your health, but also for your skin.