Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I get my periods regularly that is evry 28 days o 27 days. But During my periods I bleed only for 1 and half day o sometimes only for a day. Is it normal? Do I need to. Consult a gynecologist. And my actual bleeding starts from the 2nd day.
As many doctors suggest to avoid Albandazole during pregnancy, then what medicine should be used to treat infection. My wife is 7 months pregnant. She is feeling itchiness and smelling in her vagina also having small amount of yellow water discharge which creating infection (may be yeast infection). Kindly suggest medicine and treatment for this infection.
My periods are regular but in JulyI have taken contraceptive tablet 3tyms a month and then I suffered irregular periods. Doctor please suggest me medicines. I have tested pregnancy test and that's negative.
Women handle a lot, from work to family and society to their own health. They also try to eat better foods, lead a healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly as well. But despite trying their best, most women tend to make a few mistakes when it comes to their health. These mistakes are small and not too noticeable, but they can be quite harmful in the long run.
Make them aware about these common health mistakes now!
1. Not Drinking enough water: Ask any woman and she will probably know that she must drink 7-8 glasses of water every day. But most women don’t actually follow the rule and commit this sinful mistake. Drinking less water will make you dehydrated and leave you feeling weak. At the same time, it can make them prone to infections, including UTI and may make them cranky. Women must incorporate water-rich foods in their daily diet and ensure drinking more water.
2. Skipping Meals: Sometimes, women are just too busy to eat a meal and think that can cover up with a bigger lunch or bigger dinner later. Skipping meals can slow down body’s metabolism and cause overeating. This in turn can result in weight-gain, not to forget a variety of serious diseases. Eating more whole foods, beans, seeds, fruits and vegetables revs up metabolism.
3. Not eating enough protein: A lot of women are overweight these days because they make the common mistake of skipping protein. In their attempt to stay slimmer or lose weight, they avoid eating vegetarian or non-vegetarian sources of protein, which can reduce muscle mass and make one overweight. Plus, when women don’t eat protein, they tend to gorge on carbohydrates, which can increase their blood sugar spike and result in more hunger throughout the day.
4. Not getting enough sleep: Majority of women in the country fail to get enough sleep. Handling a variety of responsibilities and roles may result in getting interrupted and lesser sleep, which can cause premature ageing. It is recommended that adults, including men should get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep every single day.
5. Not enough calcium: Not having enough calcium in your diet may lead to osteoporosis. Women must not only avoid skipping milk products and foods that are otherwise rich in calcium, but also get enough calcium through supplements once they cross 35 years of age.
There are various ways to tackle many of the allergic disturbances. First, the sources must be identified. This is a difficult one but not impossible task. Second, once the sources are discovered, they should be avoided. Third, and most important, general health and resistance should be built up to establish immunity to them.
There are two methods to detect disturbing foods. The first method is the trial-and-error elimination diet. This automatically eliminates many hazards and foods. Keep to organic, untreated, unprocessed foods as far as possible, and you will eliminate another set of hazards such as pesticides, various sprays, and other poisons.
After having eliminated as many disturbing factors as possible, a self-search should be carried out to ascertain any suspicious symptoms from foods. It is advisable to try an eliminatory diet, excluding suspected foods for two weeks until the cause is detected. Occasionally, by changing the brand or the type, you can a find a food substitute that does not upset you.
Another way to detect the cause of allergy is by Dr. Vishal Dev's 'pulse test'. The methods are as follows: check your pulse before a meal. Then limiting that meal to one food only, wait for half an hour after eating and take your pulse again. A slight increase is considered normal, even up to 16 extra beats. If your pulse does not rise above 84, you may be allergy-free. But if your pulse rises beyond that point, and remains high an hour after the meal, you found your food allergy.
The best way, however , to prevent or overcome allergies is to strengthen the overall physical resistance so as not to fall an easy prey to every allergen that comes along. To start with, the patient should fast on fresh fruit juices for four or five days. Repeated short juices fasts are likely to result in better tolerance to previous allergies. After the fruit juice fast, the patient can take a mono diet of vegetables or fruits such as carrots, grapes or apples, for one week. After that one more food added to the mono diet. A week later the third food added and so on. After four weeks, the protein food can be introduced one at a time. In case an allergic reaction to a newly introduce food is noticed, it should be discontinued and a new food tired . in this way all real allergens can be eventually eliminated from the diet.
The body requires a large alkaline reserve for its daily activity. The many emergencies of an acid formation through the day form wrong foods, fatigue, mental stress and lack of sleep can be met by the competency of the alkaline reserves. boosting the normal body reserve of alkaline by liberal use of alkaline-forming foods is essential for those suffering from allergies.
The foods which should be excluded from the diet are tea, coffee, chocolate, cola drink, alcohol, sugar sweets and foods containing sugar, refined cereals, meats, fish chicken, tobacco, milk, cheese , butter, smoked, salted, pickled foods and foods containing any chemical additives, preservatives and flavoring. These food cause either toxic accumulation or over stimulation of adrenal glands or strain on pancreatic enzyme production or may disturb the blood sugar balance.
For preventive purposes, the entire C complex vitamins known as the bioflavonoid, are recommended. They gradually strengthen cell permeability to help immunize the body from various allergies, especially hay fever. Often the addition B5 or pantothenic acid brings great relief to allergy sufferers. Multiple allergies may result from poor adrenal gland functioning. In such cases, liberal amounts of pantothenic acids help cure them, although the recovery will take several weeks. An adequate intake of vitamin E is also beneficial as this vitamin possesses effective anti-allergic properties, as some studies have shown.
An exciting remedy for allergy has been discovered by Dr. Vishal Dev . He found that the use of five drops of castor oil in a little juice or water taken on any empty stomach in the morning is highly beneficial for allergies in the intestinal tract, skin, and nasal passages. Dr. Dev, who is an expert in Natural medicine, has reported numerous cases of allergic protection by this method.
For allergic conditions in which an element of stress is present, it is essential to employ such methods as relaxation, exercise, meditation and mind control. These methods will reduce or remove stress and thereby contribute towards the treatment of allergies. Yogic asanas like yogamudra, ardhmatsyendrasana, sarvangasana, shavasana and anuloma-viloma, pranayama are also beneficial.
Dear doc. I and my life partner don't want to have kids. We have sex without condom and I don't withdraw at all. Chances of pregnancy with this is very high and we are aware of it. We are about 40 now. Please recommend few contraceptives which has no side effects as weight gaining or any other side effect except that you don't get pregnant at all. Good sex life is what we are looking at. Please recommend. Thank u.
I am 47 years old, female with diabetes from past 2 days . I am feeling irritation in my vaginal area please can you help me.
I masturbate in the morning and in the evening I had sex with my girlfriend. But I did not cum inside her vagina I pull it out. Would she be pregnant because of pre-cum?
My wife is having cold fever .due to an abortion pill she took today what should I do m 24 nd m really afraid please help.
I have been trying to conceive from d past 6 months. Bt I have been ovulating late on d 24 day or 23rd day. My doc put me on ovulation drugs ova shield D S and Progynova. On d 11th day my follicle size was 15 mm×17 mm and on d 15th day it is 14 mm×12 mm. D doc says I have ovulated and she says it is probable premature ovulation. Wat does ths mean. Wil I be able to conceive ths mnth. Is it sumthng to wory?
I was pregnant 11 weeks, I went for a NT scan and came to know that the baby development was stopped at 8 weeks 4 days and no heartbeat found. Then I undergone surgery and aborted. I want to know the reasons for no heartbeat and development. And when can I plan for pregnancy again?
Hi I am 28 year old female married since 2 yrs. Actually my period was irregular since 6 months. My last period was 29 apr 16. So I went to local gynaecologist and for her prescribed I did prolactin test and the result was high abt 48 and having pcos by usg test. And then she suggested me to go for ct scan and I did that also but report was normal. But yesterday I came to know that I am I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am very much afraid whether to continue with pregnancy or go for abortion. I am afraid of that ct scan will affect my baby's growth. And what abt pcos. Please help me out. If I go for abortion will it affect to next baby or is there any chances of infertility in future? Please guide me. Thank you.
I am 40 years old. Thyroidectomy has done. Heavy bleeding in periods. Total duration is 10 days. This time I got spots again after 14 days. Now what to do?
I have unprotected sex with my wife before 10 hours of start period next day period start and she taken unwanted 72 pill any risk of pregnancy or not.
M having problems with breast as a man my chest is getting out over and it's irritating me can you please suggest me some medicine to solve this issue as soon as possible.
My wife is 46yrs old. She is suffering with Adenomyosis for which extra bleeding occurs during the period. Is there any home or any pathy treatment without operation?
Normal delivery or vaginal delivery is when childbirth takes place without the use of any vacuum extraction or forceps. It is basically when a woman goes into labour without the use of any other external drugs which induce labour. C-Section or rather caesarean section is basically when a baby is delivered surgically via an incision in the mother’s abdomen. This is usually performed when a normal delivery can put the child’s or the mother’s health at risk. It is also performed when you are expecting twins or rather multiples.
Why Normal Delivery is preferred over C-Section Delivery?
- One of the major benefits of having a normal delivery over a C-Section is that the former leads to a shorter hospital stay as there is no major surgery involved. If there is no surgery involved then obviously the risks associated with it, such as, permanent scarring, severe bleeding, septic infection, are completely eliminated.
- Reaction to anaesthesia is another thing that one must consider and it is the most crucial difference between a normal and a C-Section delivery. As C-Section is basically a surgery, the mother is administered an anaesthetic to numb the pain. Sometimes, even spinal anaesthesia is used and the side effects of it include: back pain, prolonged numbness or weakness, shortness of breath and in extreme cases, even maternal morbidity (death during pregnancy).
- After C-Section delivery, there can be a severe loss of blood leading to hysterectomy (permanent removal of the uterus).
- The best reason to avoid a non-planned C-Section is because, once a C-Section has been done then there is a potential risk of having all your future deliveries done via C-Section.
- A research has shown that women who deliver via C-Section are less likely to start early breastfeeding as the recovery time from a surgery is pretty high. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.