Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alka MalhotraYour feedback matters!
My wife not getting Past 4-5 months periods are not coming. Can you help what is the problem. Now She will OK worried about irregular periods.
My girlfriend is virgin when I was doing oral sex with her and fingering her vagina mainly fingering around her clit little rough after its over I observed a sticky mucus like blood in my finger What does it mean? Did I break her seal or virginity?
Hi doc, my friend is trying to conceive. But she is taking antidepressants though very low dose. Should shee need to taper it for getting pregnant of during pregnancy. Please suggest. She use to feel tired. She is not in a condition to go to doctor. Please suggest.
I am sexually active and last time I had unprotected sex .after that I had an I Pill (emergency contraceptive tablet) on 7th June. There was no pain or bleeding for some days but on 13 june I had some bleeding which was like my periods. I had my last periods on 1 June to 6th June. And now the problem is that why I am having this blood going on and it is from 2 days that I am having this bleeding and it is continuing to go on. So is it normal?
I have regular cycle of 26-33 days from past 2 years. My last periods was on 12th july. On 30th july 2016. I.e on the 19th day of my cycle. I engaged in a sexual act with my fiance. We did not have sex. But we stimulated each other with hands. We were on clothes. I stimulated his penis with my hands. N.which was wet with precum. He stimulated me with his hands. N.he had not ejected. But I doubt if the precum can cause pregnancy. But before the act started he had peed in the loo. Now on 7th august I got my periods. Which is in my usual tym of 26 days. Today is the second day of my period. But this time I am having dizziness. And also my breast is paining. So just wanted to know whether is this my normal period or is it implantation bleeding. . Please help me as we are not ready for a baby now. Please guide me with you answer as this worry is constantly killing me day by day. Please please help me as soon as possible. I do not want to get pregnant now. This is the last tym I would be engaged in such a foolish act.
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower urinary tract infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
8. Mild fever or chills indicating that the infection may have reached your kidneys
Upper urinary tract infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I have taken abortion pills after that my vagina has become so loose. Is there any medicine for tightening it।
Most of us live with excruciating amount of stress. Rising competition, the rat race, our loans, insurances, health, family, social life and work, everything these days is simply adds on to our levels of stress.
It’s the stress that reminds us of deadlines, prompts us to work better. But the most common type of stress, or distress can have negative effects on our body. Apart from general physical health, it can hurt our bones as well.
1. Excess Stress and Our Bones: Excess stress releases chemicals into bloodstream, particularly the hormone cortisol. Now, this is the hormone that gives our brain and body a temporary boost. But having this hormone for a long term can result in real damage to our bone density. Meanwhile, it can even elevate our blood pressure, result in glucose problems and digestive issues with cardiovascular symptoms.
2. Reduced Bone Density: Reduced bone density, due to stress has several negative effects. For instance, it can increase sugar cravings and lead to obesity. It can also lead to osteoporosis and a number of recurrent fractures.
3. Cortisol Catch: Remember how researchers and doctors informed people that phosphoric acid in cola acts as a corrosive agent? Well that’s what cortisol does in long term. This can even result in other problems, such as exhaustion.
So, how should you deal with it?
Chronic stress can be dealt by understanding what the cause of stress is. Once you have the cause, follow simple relaxation tips, such as,
- Meditate for a few minutes, breathe deeply, exercise and tune into your body. Even ten-fifteen minutes of this is enough.
- Crank up the tunes, listen to a few songs, laugh or loud watching shows or simply go out with your friends.
- Eat well balanced meal, avoid alcohol and recreational drugs, be positive and seek out social support if needed.
- And if the stress still haunts you, consult a counsellor or a doctor for support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hlo I do sex with my husband after 7 days of menopause now after 12 days of menopause. Bleeding start in little bit. Pls tell by I qm pregnant or not if I am then pls tell me medicine to avoid pregnancy. Thankyou.
When time does girl get pregnant during mc periods or normal day. How to find time to make her pregnant.
I am 27 years old. I got married 4 years ago. Am trying to conceive. My doctor gave me MyChiro tablet which will help to conceive. But after taking that tablet twice I discharge red urine. Is it any side effect or anything else. Please help am scared.
I had sex with my girlfriend yesterday night so I'm not sure about whether sperm entered or not so if not, is that right to take Emergency contraceptive pill?
My height 5' and weight 42kg first time I went to private hospital they adviced me do the periods first day blood sample test when my endometrial thickness is 2.9mm when I went to govt hospital for more advice they advice me to do the other ultra sound and my endometrial thickness is 3.2mm and they said no need to do the test of periods first day blood sample your normal don't take tension. Now I am confused what I do ?
I am 30 weeks pregnant and from yesterday sometimes keep feeling a weird pulsating feeling in my lower abdomen little upwards from private bone, it feels like a heart beat and I'm also feeling baby movement in lower abdomen. please help.
I am 44 years old. My periods have stopped. I am not having them for the past 4 months. Have I reached menopause? what care should I take now. I mean supplements etc.
What is text neck syndrome?
Text neck is the term used to describe the neck pain and damage sustained from looking down at your cell phone, tablet, or other wireless devices too frequently and for too long.
Symptoms of text neck syndrome?
Text neck most commonly causes neck pain and soreness. In addition, looking down at your cell phone too much each day can lead to:
Upper back pain ranging from a chronic, nagging pain to sharp, severe upper back muscle spasms. Shoulder pain and tightness, possibly resulting in painful shoulder muscle spasm. If a cervical (neck) nerve becomes pinched, pain and possibly neurological symptoms can radiate down your arm and into your hand
How is text neck treated?
First, prevention is key. Here are several pieces of advice for preventing the development or advancement of text neck:
@hold your cell phone at eye level as much as possible. The same holds true for all screens - laptops and tablets should also be positioned so the screen is at eye level and you don't have to bend your head forward or look down to view it.
@take frequent breaks from your phone and laptop throughout the day. For example, set a timer or alarm that reminds you to get up and walk around every 20 to 30 minutes. If you work in an office, make sure your screen is set up so that when you look at it, you are looking forward, with your head positioned squarely in line with your shoulders and spine.
The bottom line is to avoid looking down with your head bent forward for extended periods throughout the day.
Next, rehabilitation is important. Consult physiotherapist get it check and start with specific rehabilitation.