Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka JainYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/mam I found breast lump in left breast 8 months back but there is no swelling discharge or any symptoms but pain at time of menses that's it I saw in some articles all breast lumps are not cause cancer please give me suggestion it cause any severe condition in future what precautions I should take my age is 22.
She had her periods before a week. and after the completion of her periods I had unprotected sex with her and I am definitely sure my sperm is ejaculated in her. At the very next moment I gave her an ipill. After the intake of pill in next two days she again came in periods. But the period was not of blood it was blood but with it a sticky substance yellowish in color was coming out. Her date was 10 at dat day. and now today it's 15 date of next month and still she haven't been in her periods. We are worried Doctor please help.
Sir I am planning for pregnancy, but our gynecologist given me deviry, can it harm for becoming pregnant.
Hi All, need suggestion Can we give others mother breastfeeding to our kids as they are 3 months old and very weak as of now So far we are giving nanpro1.
Hi Mam/Sir. Me and my bf had unprotected sex on 2nd day of my periods. Then after I had unwanted 72 tab 5 to 10 hours after sex. And from 3rd day and 4th day my periods has been stopped. And from 5th day the periods has been started. Today is my 7th day of my periods. But bleeding is there. I wanted to know when will b bleeding will stop. And there is any chances of pregnancy. Please let me know.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..
Hai my name is Manasa and my age is now 30.In the year 2015 we got married and after one month my periods was not happening only so we showed to doctor and she confirmed that I am pregnant and we both were not ready at that time so we planned for an abortion and doctor prescribed some tablets and I took and it was heavy pain during that time and later I was normal. After few months when we both were doing sexual compilation, at that time his condom got teared and we both were scared and after that next day I took ipill tablet and after few days we showed to gynecologist and she did some scanning whether glimpse of it are present in my stomach so it was nill and all is k now. Now we both are prepared to have a baby and my husband age is also around 38 but I am totally scared what is going to happen since two times I have done my abortion and what are the precautionary measures that has to be taken please suggest me .Everybody is scaring me that after 30 its little complicated what to do I am literally scared?
Vagine se sex ke baad sperm bahar nikal jaye toh pregnant hone me problem hoti h ky aur jab bhi sex kare toh yoni se sperm nikalna normal baat h ya nahi, please answer me.
Most of us today live a hectic life be it pressing deadlines or tiring social engagements, but in all this hustle and bustle we tend to often neglect our health. Do we know that today for all of us there is a great need for preventive care, especially in today's world where the threats are magnified. This also includes being able to get the proper guidance to imbibe a healthier lifestyle with regular tests and health checkups that will help us in knowing our present state of health and will help is in identifying risks and threats well in advance.
Did you know, that almost seven out of ten fatalities or deaths are caused due to chronic disease and that half these cases do not recognise the early symptoms and risks with proper screening and regular check ups! Sounds familiar, are you also one of those who have never cared for preventive healthcare check ups?
These preventive health checkups are actually life saving, as they update you on how fit and healthy you are. Preventive health care basically deals with the prevention of diseases and conditions that may be caused due to environmental factors, genetic predisposition of the patient, lifestyle choices as well as disease agents. In this field, constant check ups and preventive action equips people to deal with and ward off these causes so as to prevent the onset of a number of disease and ailments. Here is everything you need to know about preventive healthcare.
In today's time it is very simple to get a preventive health check up done, all it takes is a simple blood and urine test at a lab and you will be able to know all you need to know about your health. Further, if there has been an outbreak of an epidemic where you live, then preventive health care will help in getting the right tests done at the right time so as to ensure that you get the proper vaccinations. With preventive healthcare, you can also get genetic testing done on a regular basis so as to learn more about preventing diseases like asthma, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and many others that one might inherit genetically.
It is time that we take care of ourselves by booking a full body check up today and live a healthy and stress free life.