Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka GujralYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from heavy beading for 6 years. We also check up gynocologist. But no result. Also check up test for blood, urine & thyroid. All is normal. She give prescription 3 months, folik acid, iron, calcium tablet & syrup. But no result. Period time is 10 days. Please give me suggestion for stop heavy beading.
She is got marriage and she abortion in 2 months pregnancy. Is there any chance to get pregnancy again.
My wife has a hbsag positive in blood, can she go through iui procedure due to infertility problem. Or if there is any problem in iui if there is a hbsag positive and also reports shows viral load is high and we are taking "tenofovir 500 mg" tab to cure hbseg.
My wife periods started yesterday 31 may and it's paining in her stomach and legs too much so what to do? Pain is in unbearable condition.
I had sex with my boyfriend and after that I had my periods on time but in next month was much stressed for no reason and now my periods are late by 4 days as comparing to normal date and still did not happen. Is there any problem?
I took contraceptive pill on 24th July and I'm getting bleeding from last 2 weeks after my periods got over. Is it normal or what should I do?
My friend is 37 yr old and got married 3 years before his wife is 29 years old now they want to conceive baby. My friend is having lack of sexual desire and always feeling dull and tired when he came from office. Frequency of sex is 3-4 times in month. He had a very less discharge of semen after long time during sex. He got his semen analysis it is found that sperm count are 2 million par ml. Please advise what to do to conceive baby.
What is yoga?
Yoga is the practice of asanas and breathing techniques deigned to strengthen both the body and the mind. Therefore, there are many benefits of practicing yoga for your mental health. The practice of yoga has increased worldwide. The reason this 5000-year-old tradition is slowly taking over is due to the immense impact it has on your mental health. Stress, anxiety, insomnia etc. are all slowly on the increase and thanks to the proven impact yoga has on regulating each of these conditions, the practice is slowly increasing.
Here are some of the impacts of yoga on mental health:
1. It moves you from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system:
In simple terms, it takes you from the fight or flight reactions to the rest & digest. In a more relaxed state you typically feel less anxiety and stress.
2. Yoga decreases heart-rate and blood pressure:
Doing an hour of yoga a day can help decrease your heart rate and blood pressure. Once your heart rate is in control it slowly brings about a more relaxed state. This in turn helps reduce the levels of anxiety.
3. Yoga encourages a positive mind-set:
Like any form of exercise, yoga release endorphins, that are feel good chemicals. The release of this neurotransmitter helps reduce stress levels and forces the brain to re-write itself in positive ways. A more positive attitude also helps manage depression better.
4. Yoga improves attention and memory:
Another important benefit to yoga is the impact it has on memory and attention span. After only a 20-minute yoga workout, memory and concentration improves.
5. Yoga helps build self-esteem:
Self-esteem is an important aspect of self. You cultivate a non-judgemental relationship with yourself. You learn to trust your decisions and actions. Your confidence levels increase and this helps you build a healthy ego wherein you have nothing to prove and only work for your satisfaction.
I am 23 yrs I have pcod problem and bad acidity problem and my weight is 65 I want to reduce it wht can I do?
I am not getting regular periods as I got periods on December 6 even I want to loose the weight from 50 to 45 so I need a suggestion from you to get my period cycle regularly and to loose my weight for 45.please help
Hi. I'm a 23 year old female. Recently I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome. My doctor prescribed me dronis 20. For three months. My major concern is my weight gain. I have an upcoming wedding in my family in a month. And I have been doing cardio and other exercises since three months and I have a controlled / healthy diet too. I run for 6 kms every day. But nothing is helping me reduce my weight. My weight has reduced only by 1 kg in past three months. My doctor isn't prescribing me any pill to lose weight. Kindly suggest me a way out to lose the weight. I was 53 kgs and now I'm 61 kgs. It's getting really frustrating not seeing any results even after putting in the hard work.
I am diabetic, I don't get regular periods, we are planing for baby, what type of food I should take ?
Struggling with extra weight and flab? Well, we are here to help! Remember to take it slow and easy with your weight loss journey so that the effects are more lasting. Reducing weight in a month is a matter of making the best use of dietary tweaks and a work out regimen.
Here are a few tips to lose weight in a month. Set a realistic goal of about 5 to 6 kgs in a month and get set go!
- Food Diary: What you eat is the first thing that affects how smooth and effective your weight loss journey is. Remember to take stock of what you are eating in a day. Maintain a food diary for at least a week and take a look at it at the end of the week to realize where you may be going wrong. Remember to report even a bite of a snack or that piece of chocolate you took! You will be surprised with your findings.
- Diet Alterations: Get your diet under control by dividing it up into five or six small meals. Include vegetables, fruit, grains, water and some amount of dairy. Try to eliminate meat and sugar from your diet for a month. Also, you can substitute white rice with brown rice or other grains like quinoa. Have oats for fibre and remember to drink plenty of green tea and water.
- Dietary Additives: Adding ingredients like almonds, prunes, blue berries, and even chia seeds will do wonders for your overall diet plan. When you are in the mood for a snack, reach out for these fat burning substances that will get your metabolism to work overtime.
- Mental Hunger: Do a quick check every time you get hungry out of turn. If it is not your meal time, there may be chances that you are suffering from emotional or mental hunger, which usually passes in a few minutes once you down a glass of water and distract yourself with an enjoyable activity and deep breaths.
- Exercise: This is one aspect that many people ignore. Work out everyday to support your diet and weight loss journey. Have coffee an hour before your workout session for quick fat burning.