Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka GoelYour feedback matters!
I am in pregnancy .5th month.in scan report I know I am having bicornuate uterus. My doctor said take rest. What precautions do I take.
Asked this before about my irregular menses and severe pain during menses. Dr. Advised me for sonography but i'm done with it. There's nothing like ovarian cyst or anything like that. Earlier Dr. Prescribed me Mala N for 3 months course but this worked for few months only after that condition was same.
I am 22 weeks pregnant women. Last two days m feeling cold. And today I didn't get urine from morning .Even m drinking more water .Is it normal.?
Hi im pregnant and 21 im caitlin graves and im barely having epilepsy during pregnancy ive barely had a seizure 5 to 10 minutes and I was having a seizure on 4th of wednesday four pf them from 1 oclcock 2: 30 from 4: 20 and 5: 00 am in the morning I was really worried can my unborn children. Have it in the womb too?
I have the periods. problem, they do not comr at time and its late please tell me how itcan come. onetime to me again please this is a request.
Hi doctor I'm married my wife says her breasts are aching she don't allow me to touch it or feel it even does not allow to take it in my mouth, may I know the reason? What should b done!
I am suffering from PCOD from past 6 months. My medicine are also going on but my facial hair are still the same (not getting reduce). Is there is any other homeopathy or any ayurveda medicine that I can take along with my allopathy treatment. My facial hair problem was from 2010. Moreover I'm worried about my future because my parents wants me to get married but I am not so confident because I have heard that a female who is suffering from PCOD sometimes faces the infertility. I'm not sure is this is right or wrong? Please advice what should I do.
There are certain changes that are noticed in the body post-pregnancy. One such change that might affect you is an overactive bladder. Usually, depending on the amount of liquid that goes into the body, an individual urinates eight to ten times a day. But post-pregnancy this statistic might increase to around ten to twelve times a day. While urinating helps the body to get rid of excessive body wastes, extreme urinating would also get rid of the necessary minerals and liquid that the body requires for its proper functioning. However, overactive bladders are quite common in women who have delivered and can be treated smoothly. Here are some of the top ways in which you can treat your overactive bladder post your pregnancy:
Losing Weight: A woman gains a lot of weight post pregnancy. This weight needs to be reduced through simple exercises and a proper balanced diet. Reduction of the post pregnancy weight helps in controlling the overactive bladder to a certain extent.
Avoiding Alcohol, Spicy and Acidic Food: Alcohol, spicy and acidic food actually creates havoc in the excretory system. Their compounds are such that these enable the body to get rid of water and necessary elements from the body. In fact, the power of urine itself is reduced, making discharging urine with high water content. This would make you more thirsty resulting in over-urinating at times. Similar conditions arise in the body when you consume coffee which contains caffeine and chocolate. Although, having a little bit of chocolate now and then does not really affect the system to quite an extent.
Exercises: Each exercise is carefully tuned to help a particular part of the body. For reducing the over activeness of your bladder, pelvic exercises are the best that you can carry out even for thirty minutes a day. Exercises would help you to remain active, shed the excess weight as well as manage your urination.
Avoid Smoking: Out of the many health hazards that arise out of smoking, one of them is the extreme urge to urinate often after pregnancy. Thus, to avoid over urination it is advised to refrain from smoking for some time.
Thus, these are some of the easiest ways to control the situation. In case you are embarrassed to go out in the public like this, you can always use incontinence pads. However, if the problem persists even after trying out all the said methods, then it would be in your best interest to take expert advice from the doctors.
I am in a physical relationship with my girlfriend and we want to enjoy sex without using protections like condom or I pill is there any other way in which she can't get pregnant after having any tablet which can avoid pregnancy for 2 to 3 years.
Are you aware of the different types of occupation-induced sexual disorders? There are several factors that are a part of any person’s daily life and occupation schedule that give rise to stress and many other physical ailments which are capable of breaking down the body and lead to sexual disorders. Both physical and psychological factors may be responsible for occupation-induced sexual disorders. You should consider undergoing Ayurvedic treatment for such sexual disorders that arise on the account of your occupation or daily work life.
- Quite contrary to allopathic treatments where a single drug can be used for treating disorders in numerous patients, Ayurvedic treatments aim to eradicate the ailment from its root.
- Ayurveda has a solution to a wide range of problems faced by men due to their profession. Such problems include a lowered sex drive, premature ejaculation, infertility, erectile dysfunction, semen infection and many other problems.
- Ayurvedic medicines for sexual disorders may be recommended for treating all kinds of problems and improving libido. These also allow one to have a more pleasurable intercourse. Such medications are made from natural and herbal ingredients and can be used without the fear of any side effects.
Some of the most common sexual disorders caused due to one’s profession are discussed below:
- Mental stress: From a teacher to a banker to a shopkeeper, stress has become a vital part of everyone’s life and it leads to a wide array of sexual disorders like premature ejaculation, low libido and many other health problems which have neurological imbalances in their root. Ayurvedic treatments like massage, herbal remedies and regular exercise are effective remedies.
- Increase in weight: Any profession that requires a person to sit in a place and work relentlessly can lead to different problems like weight gain, lower back pain , ejaculation problems, premature ejaculation and tightness of the foreskin. Undergoing Ayurvedic massage and practising Yoga and meditation are ideal for treatment.
- Excessive physical strain: Sales professionals, mechanics, electricians, workers, drivers and many other people face too much of physical strain on a regular basis. It causes lowered sperm count, blood stained semen, weakness in erection, inability to maintain an erection and many other problems. Vajikarana therapy is a good option for treating these conditions.
- Working near hot instruments and devices: Certain occupations involve being around hot instruments and devices. This is likely to cause low sperm count and libido, along with painful ejaculation. Bus drivers, cooks working around hot stoves and tandoors, and mechanical engineers are prone to such disorders. There are several Ayurvedic herbs that benefit these conditions.
If you are suffering from sexual disorders due to overstress in your occupation, you may try these Ayurvedic remedies and improve your sexual performance. But in case the problem persists, you should consult an expert for guidance.
Nephropathy is also known as renal disease. It is any type of damage or disease relating to the kidneys. Though not everyone with diabetes has nephropathy, however, diabetic nephropathy can cause kidney failure.
How does diabetes affect the kidney?
Kidneys are responsible for taking waste out from your blood. They have a lot of tiny blood vessels to do this. High blood sugar may kill such blood vessels. Once these blood vessels are destroyed, the kidneys may not function as well or it may even lead to kidney failure.
What increases your risk of getting diabetic nephropathy?
There are several factors which increase your risk of getting diabetic nephropathy including: \
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Being Native American, African American or of Hispanic origin, for whom risk factors have proved to be magnified
- If you have family history of diabetic nephropathy
Symptoms and diagnosis:
There are very few noticeable symptoms, which appear when you have diabetic nephropathy, except swelling in your arms and legs. The diagnosis is done by checking for a type of protein in your urine known as albumin, which is not supposed to be there. Getting the diagnosis done early is crucial.
You can prevent kidney damage by doing the following:
- Keeping your blood sugar levels under control - keep HbA1C < 6-7%
- Keeping your blood pressure under control in the range of 130/80
- Eating healthy food
- Exercising regularly
- Not eating too much protein
- Not eating too much salt
- Reducing smoke or excessive tobacco usage
Medicines for treatment:
If you do get diabetic nephropathy, here are some medicines, which can help cure it
- ACE inhibitors which are also called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Blood pressure may rise
- Triglyceride levels and cholesterol levels may rise.
Hello doctor, I'm pregnant of 9 weeks. And having kidney stones of 16 mm and 8 mm in right and left kidneys. Doctor suggested me that as I don't have kidney stones pain, they suggested me to continue the pregnancy, if in case problem arises means if I get pain, then in the 2nd trimester they can do surgery in emergency. They guaranteed that It won't harm my baby too. That's my case till now. But my question is, in pregnancy, need to take more calcium intake. But as per my knowledge, more calcium intake will effect kidney stones, please help me sir/madam how much I have to take calcium daily. I completely stopped drinking milk and any calcium products.
Unlike muscle aches, neuropathic pain or nerve pain is usually a lifelong condition. This usually affects the feet. In some cases, it can get better over the years but in most cases, nerve pain stays persistent or worsens with time. Neuropathic pain is caused by nerve damage and commonly triggered by conditions such as diabetes or is a result of the side effects of medication or chemotherapy.
Medication is usually the first line of treatment when it comes to dealing with neuropathic pain. Medication prescribed for such conditions can be categorized as:
- Local anesthetics
These may be prescribed individually or in a combination of two or more types of drugs. additionally, topical creams may also be prescribed for pain relief. Conventional medicine can provide temporary relief from nerve pain. However, in the long run, making a few lifestyle changes can help control nerve pain. Here are a few tips.
- Exercise: Nerve pain may tempt you to sit in one place, but you must force yourself to walk about and exercise a little on a regular basis. Exercising increases blood flow to the extremities of the body and releases endorphins that act as natural painkillers. It can also expand blood vessels and nourish damaged nerves.
- Avoid alcohol: If you suffer from nerve damage, alcohol can aggravate the damage and increase pain. Hence it is best to skip alcohol and all other kinds of stimulants.
- Heat therapy: Soaking your feet in a warm bath or using a heat pack can be very effective when it comes to dealing with nerve pain. The heat temporarily increase blood flow and reduces pressure on the nerves. However, be careful to avoid burning yourself.
- Get a good night's sleep: Nerve pain is usually aggravated at night, thus disturbing your sleep. To get the required 8 hours of sleep a day, try maintaining a schedule of going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday. Drinking a cup of warm milk may also help you fall asleep faster. Ensure that the last cup of coffee you drink is in the afternoon.
- Massage: As with muscle pains; a massage can help ease and reduce nerve pain. Your choice of oils also has a role to play in the effectiveness of the massage. While lavender oil helps people relax and takes their mind of the pain, geranium oil can help directly reduce nerve pain.