Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alka AhujaYour feedback matters!
RK was done in 1994. Due to rk incisions, vision is decreasing very fast, doctors say that shape of cornea is changing as cone. Is there is remedy to stop reshaping of cornea. Please suggest me. Thanking you.
I loss of hair regularly how to protect my hair and my hair color changed to gray please need solution.
Hi. Doctor I am 23 years old and my weight is 40 kg. Please suggest some ayurvedic medicine to gain weight.
Hello I am suffering from throat problems for few years. Always thought is swells always feels there is something in through. Cough issues nose are almost blocked all the time.
I am 20 years old. But my weight is 85 and my height is 5.11 so is it correct weight or should reduce my weight? tell me how to reduce. And I have a backache means one disk in my back has pressed inside than the normal of other disks. So please give a perfect solution.
I have very thin hairs on my head and also gets dry very quickly, they are curly too and also rough. My hair density is also low but not that much low. However I have no dandruff or hairfall issues. I don't use shampoo but use bathing soap daily. What is making my hairs thin and rough? Please recommend me medicines or treatment to overcome these hair problems.
I am 20 years old, while movement of shoulders I feel like my shoulder bones are grinding. What is reason behind these. And how can I cure it?
I am suffering from acne since 2012 and it is not gone yet it comes in the loop and most of the time it's always there on the face. Should I eat Maggi (oil fried one not the soupy one) in this case and what about tea? Name some of the things that I should not be eating to take care of acne and in addition I also drink 2.5 litres of water everyday.
I am 23 Years Old suffering From Knee pain last 1 week and I using some medical tablets and ointment but it not cure pain should be very high what would do now pls tell me doctor.
My wife 6 month pregnant, she is telling their is no movement in baby, it is in one side itself, she is worried a lot pls suggest me.
I am a 27 year old male, my muscles are very loose and feels like baloon filled with water and I always have this from very early age and no restricted to a particular pasrt of the body, add o that my finger nails and my hair to feels very soft, what treatment should I go for?
The damaging effects of the sun, old age and acne can leave your skin with wrinkles, unwanted marks and several other skin disorders. If you are seeking to reverse these skin conditions and get rid of minor facial flaws, then laser skin resurfacing could be the answer. Laser skin resurfacingis a cosmetic procedure, which helps in rejuvenation of the skin and removing wrinkles, spots, blemishes and scars. It’s a safe and convenient procedure and provides great results.
Also known as skin resurfacing, fractional resurfacing, and laser peel, laser skin resurfacing works by removing the damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells is also stimulated. Undertaking this procedure can make the skin look smooth and young.
During the procedure, a laser is utilized, which dissolves the molecular bonding of the damaged cells. This is continued, layer by layer, until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more even and the damaged skin layers are peeled off.Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your desired requirement. Different devices are used for laser skin resurfacing and thus, the procedure can be divided into several types. The procedure type depends on the type of laser used.
The different types of lasers used are:
- CO2 lasers: This procedure is the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin surface becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser restricts collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are also used in the basic stages of cancer treatment.
- Erbium lasers: Erbium lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. It is not so powerful as CO2 lasers, but the process is much more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is usually carried out in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation is less. The healing period is short. These lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
- Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other two laser treatment methods. This procedure is non-invasive and much fewer side effects are experienced. A patient has to undergo several sessions on this therapy for full rejuvenation of the skin.
When to consider this process?
- If you have wrinkles in your face, especially around the mouth and eyes, and sagging skin in the lower eyelid area.
- If your face has blotchiness and age spots.
- If you have irregular colour tones on your face
- If you have scars and leathery skin
What is achieved?
A laser skin resurfacing enhances your skin’s smoothness and tightness. All kinds of facial lines, wrinkles and scars can be removed. The overall texture of the skin also improves, which is relatively long-lasting. Skin growths like moles and warts can also be removed using this procedure. Any kind of scar resulting due to a previous surgery can also be eliminated permanently.There are different modes of this type of skin resurfacing, and you can avail the best one that fits your requirement.
I am sportsman and I play cricket and every time I bowl I feel something uncomfortable and sometimes it gives me back pain only when l bowl and then after I finish my practise session and after 1hour I feel relaxed so which. Exercise I should prefer, I don't want to take medicines.
I'm a 17, I started maturation when I was 14 and I'm still not able to end this though I have reduced it from 3-4 times a week to 1-2 times a week. What I have seen that my hairs have become thin and started falling, I do have dandruff problem too because of which I develop pimples on my face too. What should I do to get my good hairs back?
What is menopause?
Menopause is that phase in the life of a woman when she can no longer reproduce. It involves the loss of fertility and the cessation of the menstrual cycle. The woman will stop bleeding every month and the ovaries stop producing eggs that can be fertilized. Menopause normally sets on after the age of 40 and bleeding may permanently stop by the age of 50.
Post menopausal bleeding
You are known to reach menopause when you have not been bleeding for 1 entire year. Even a small amount of spotting should not have taken place. Post-menopausal bleeding is when bleeding occurs after a year of attaining menopause. It can be a serious health disorder and requires medical attention without any further delay.
Reasons behind post menopausal bleeding
- Polyps that are mostly non-cancerous, unwanted growths on the cervical canal, uterus or ovaries are known to cause post-menopausal bleeding.
- Thinning of the endometrium that lines the uterus can cause unexpected bleeding. It can be due to the rapidly receding levels of estrogen in the blood. It is also known as endometrial atrophy.
- Endometrial hyperplasia is a condition that leads to the thickening of the inner lining of uterus (endometrium). It also leads to the growth of abnormal and malignant cells.
- Endometrial cancer
- Other health conditions such as reaction to hormone therapy, infections of the blood or reproductive organs, certain medications and blood-thinning drugs
- Cancer of the ovaries, uterus or cervix
How it can be treated?
- For diagnosis, you can undergo blood tests, ultrasounds, sonography and biopsy.
- Hysterectomy is done to remove the uterus and cervix can be conducted for a complete cure. It also removes the ovaries, fallopian tubes and other lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy and other radiation therapies may be done for those who are in an advanced stage of endometrial cancer.
- Medications such hormone regulators must be taken to prevent complications.