Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akram
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. AkramYour feedback matters!
If someone is smoking cigarette but not on regular basis, then does it will affect the body to much n what are the harmful effect of smoking.
There isn’t any person who doesn’t suffer from an irrational fear, but for most of the individuals, these problems are minor and under control. Unfortunately, there are some people who suffer from anxiety and fear to such an extent that it interrupts with their normal functioning and then it is termed as phobias. The good news is that you would be able to control and cure your anxiety and phobias with therapies and self-help strategies.
Understanding phobias and anxiety: Many kids develop different types of fears, which change from time to time and get completely eliminated when they grow up. This is absolutely normal and is a part of their growth and development. When a person reaches the age of seven, he/she is supposed to suffer from realistic anxieties such as academic performance, accidents, injuries and other similar incidents. But if the unnatural and unrealistic fear lingers on when an individual grows up to such severity that he becomes petrified with the thought of that specific thing, then it is crucial to pay attention to it.
Signs of anxiety and phobias: The signs of anxiety and phobias can be more or less and may vary in terms of severity. When you are able to understand a steady progression from mild feelings of apprehension to a full-fledged panic attack, it is a symptom of phobia. Normally, the closer the person is to the source of the fear, the more anxious and troubled he would be. It would take to devastating levels when the concerned individual is not able to get away from the difficulties.
Physical symptoms of the anxiety include
- Frequent breathing with difficulty
- Racing heartbeat
- Pain in the chest
- Trembling and shaking with convulsions
Individuals may also suffer from dizziness or light-headedness, churning in the stomach, tingling sensations along with cold or hot flashes and terrible sweating even when the temperature is considerably low.
On the other hand, the emotional symptoms of phobia or anxiety include feelings of overwhelming fear, panic and anxiousness. The concerned individual would feel like running off and remain detached from the rest of the world. It may make one feel that he is going to pass away and he is unable to control himself in spite of knowing that he is over-reacting.
Seek help at the earliest:
If the anxiety or the phobia one is suffering from doesn’t intervene in normal workings of a person’s life, then it should not be a cause of distress. But if it has taken terrible levels, then it is crucial to seek professional assistance. One may also help himself by taking the challenge of facing the fears one at a time, and it can be totally controlled with gradual and repeated exposure to the fear. If no therapy seems to help you, then it is best to consider seeking professional counseling.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi sir, My age is 24. Today if I listen any Songs they got stuck in my mind and loosing my concentration when I am in any important work. They got disturbs me alot. So I visited a psychiatrist and the doctor given some medicine. Names are FLUNIL 20 MG AND CLONIL 25 MG. I think those are antidepressants. Is it worth to try those medicines. Is having any side-effects by using those medicines. The doctor said to try those medicines for one month and get back to me. So please help me with that.
The human brain is a unique and intricate organ, which performs many functions both consciously and subconsciously. However, during the formation of the brain within the mother's womb, the slightest of changes can cause damage to it, which manifest in many forms after birth. One of the forms it may manifest in is Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it. Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Carcinosin - This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus - This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Cuprum Metallicum - This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus - A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Helleborus - This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them.
These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution. However, you may need to consult a homeopathic doctor who can tailor make doses and medications after diagnosing the specific symptoms that you child may be having.