Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Akhilesh YadavYour feedback matters!
I am 42 year old female, hereditary of dementia in my family. Now a days feeling low and get confused in words while saying. And get wrong pronunciation while speaking also. My reflexes are getting slow. I want to be fast but somehow I let the things go. I am not feeling enthusiastic now a days. I agree that in family there are some issues which are effecting my mental. Kindly help me how to deal with it. I am trying to escape from whatever difficulties are coming my ways.
Sir can my stammering be cured with practice. please tell me what should I do to improve my speech. I feel very hurt when I stammer in front of someone. I think my breathing is not corect. Sir I am in serious trouble with my speech. I feel like suicide some times.
Which medicine/home remedies should take for the clearance of sweet voice? How should it be treated? I am having a good voice but whenever I started to sing it doesn't stable for a long time. Please help.
Hello Doctor, I am Jayamurali (22). I feel more introvert during my schooling. But during my college days, I feel myself less introvert. I have finished my college a year before. But even now, I am not feeling comfortable while speaking to new ones. My thoughts become disturbed and I find it difficult to speak words clearly. On those times I happen to search the words for speaking. I fight it hard and speak. Though I am not feeling satisfied about my attitude. Is this due to any psychological imbalance or do I just need to work out on it more…? Please suggest me how to overcome this introvert behavior and become a motivated person towards others.
Hi this is for my Wife, since few months we noticed that sometimes while speaking, wrong words are pops out from her mouth e.g she want to say 'honey' and the word comes out as 'ghee' or 'thousand' comes out as hundred. It happens with words only not with sentences. Along with this recently she often complains about her headaches too. Please let me know if there is anything serious, what is a cause of it and what treatment should we go for?
How can I face my interview my age 24 female married am not fluency speaking person (English) this what my problem Dr. I'll speak but can't speak fluent I have not attend any interviews till now Coming Sunday 10th January having interview any tips to face my interview without any fear and stress help me dr.
My son is 8 years old. He not speak only says papa mama. new Delhi doctors says my son is totally medical fit nothing any problem. But my son is not speak what's the region please help me and give me good guide line for my son speaking problem.
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
1. Age-12 months
a. It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
b. Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
2. Age-15-18 months
a. If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
b. You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
c. If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
3. Age-2-4 years
a. You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
b. Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
c. If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
1. A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
2. Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
3. The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
4. There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir. I have stammering problem. Can you give me some tips for speech therapy ? Or can tell me any medicines for it? If any present.
Hi doc I am 19/male. I have a problem with voice. Whenever I speak to someone over the phone or in person, people always say" can you please repeat it" I wanna know exercise/ yoga to make my voice louder and clearer.
I am a 17 year old boy. I have some vocal problem. I cannot pronounce words correctly. Like when I try to pronounce L it sounds like N. And when I try to pronounce S air blowned out through nose. Please give me some quick suggestions which I can try at home. Thanks.
I have a bad breadth problem from my childhood, now my confidence is very low, as I am not as able to speak in public, and after eating anything or by just heaving tea it smells very bad, I have tried all types of toothpaste & toothbrush and even mouth fresheners but it's not working for me, pls anyone who can help me.
Hello I am 18. Past week I noticed that whenever I try to talk in high pitch slow my voice breaks. But in low pitch its fine. I am really worried please help if something is wrong with me.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.