Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akhilesh Srivastava
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Akhilesh SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Sir a person is suffering from hypertension he has bleeding from nose sometime. Is it dangerous he takes medicine for lowering blood pressure but still he has bleeding. What does bleeding from nose signify.
I have chest pain from two years. I should check up exay and e. C. G. But doctor could not find the reason. Wat can I do?
Hello Sir, Mera naam Deepa hai. Mein aapse apni grand mother ke bare mein puchna chahti hu. Unki puri body mein jalan (Internal heat) hoti hai. Unhe neend bhi aati aur unhe BP high ki bhi problem hai. Bhut se doctors ko bhi dikha liya hai but koi result nhi mila, please agar koi solution hai to reply kare. Thank you.
Feeling burning sensation at the middle of the heart while walking and nothing in normal state. Why is it so.?
I've just been diagnosed with high blood pressure followed by acid reflux. Along with pantocid 40 and .25 Lonazep, doctor also prescribed a pressure tablet called Corbis 2.5.But after taking Corbis even at night I feel very uncomfortable .My pressure was 170/ 90 earlier when doctor checked and now it is 140/80. If and all I have to continue taking pressure tablets, Are there any tablets for high blood pressure which don't cause these upset stomachs? I'm only taking 2.5 mg. Thank you for any advice.
Hi Sir, I am 23 years old. I had my ecg yesterday in which it is shown 110 bpm, sinus tachycardia, normal cardiac electric axis, abnormal T wave as conclusions. Is there any problem in it if so what to do to take care?
Your heart is the most important and vital organ of all and regulates the flow of heart to all parts of the body. Thus, the valves and the arteries which take the blood to your heart are also an important component in ensuring that the circulation is constant. Thus, any hindrance to this process will put a lot of pressure on your heart and lead to more serious problems in the long run. Coronary artery disease is one such problem and can seriously put the health of your heart at risk.
What is coronary heart disease?
Coronary arteries are very important blood vessels, which carry nutrients, blood and oxygen to your heart. If the level of bad cholesterol is high in your blood, it will start leaving deposits on the walls of the arteries which are commonly known as plaque. This plaque will start building up over time causing blockage of the arteries and disrupting proper blood flow. Excessive build up of the plaque may then rupture the lining of the plaque. This will then induce blood clotting and further prevent the normal flow of blood.
Primary symptoms may include
- Shortness of breath: This may occur while you are exercising or performing activities which are mildly exerting.
- Heart beats very hard and fast: Your heart may beat very hard and fast, especially when doing everyday activities such as climbing stairs or walking for a prolonged distance.
- Angina or chest pain: You may experience pain in your chest as if someone was pressing against it with a lot of force. Angina is also triggered due to stressful activities or even emotional stress. It usually occurs on the left or the middle of the chest and may even be felt in the back, arms, and neck.
- Heart attack: Heart attacks are the most common and the most serious complications of coronary heart disease. You would feel extreme pain, akin to crushing on your chest, shoulder, or arm. It may even be accompanied by jaw pain, and sweatiness.
Non invasive forms of treatment are always preferable rather than invasive surgeries or procedures to treat coronary heart disease, especially where the risk of serious complications such as heart attack are still on the lower side. Some of the treatments used for coronary heart disease are as follows:
- Making lifestyle changes: Quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption along with consumption of regulated diet will automatically start cleaning plaque that has built up within the arteries. Losing weight also tends to help.
- Medications: Special medications can take care of cases wherein the deposits are still lesser and the plaque buildup can be removed without the requirement of extensive surgery. Anti-cholesterol medications are one example of this.
- Surgical procedures: These are usually employed when the blockage is severe and cannot be corrected by the conventional methods mentioned above. Some of the procedures are angioplasty, stent replacement, as well as coronary artery bypass surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist and ask a free question.