Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akhilesh Sharma
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Akhilesh SharmaYour feedback matters!
I want gain my weight. Weight is 53kg. Age. 25 yrs. please suggest 100000000% solution for weight gain.
I have hair problem, I loose them frequently and they grow so late and will get splits frequently after trimming them tried many shampoos and oils but no use, what should I do for health to grow?
I am suffering from cervical spondylosis from some days please give me some suggestions about this disease.
I'm losing hair quickly. I have tried all the shampoos but the result is same. Please explain me how can I get rid of this problem.
My stomach usually stays upset. I stopped eating food outside and eat only home cooked food but still the problem persists. And I also suffer from acne breakouts. People have said that it's due to my unwell stomach or hormonal changes. I think it's latter as breakouts are on chin or lower cheeks area. Please suggest some measures to tackle the same.
Stress and anxiety are often repeated terms that people use frequently when they are faced with an overwhelming situation. Yet, these are also clinical terms that can refer to hormonal imbalances which can cause despair, panic, hopelessness, depression and other such emotionally and mentally debilitating problems. Apart from the conventional methods of drugs for symptomatic treatment and counselling or therapy, one can make use of several alternative treatment methods to bring down the stress and anxiety levels significantly.
Here are the top four ways of treating the same:
- Meditation: Transcendental and other forms of guided and unguided meditation can go a long way in realigning yourself with your inner resources so as to create a more congenial environment as you go about doing your daily activities. With meditation, you can focus on your breath or a certain point or you can choose to listen to guided medication which will take you through a scene and help you relax. Soothing treatments such as these will help you in grounding yourself in a better way for a more fluid progression of your day. One can even practice mindfulness techniques for meditation to get into a frame of mind where you will basically observe rather than get affected by everyday events. You must find yourself a quiet place where you can meditate in a peaceful way.
- Yoga: Many people consider Yoga and its various postures and poses as the best means for the union of the mind, the body as well as the spirit. So, this is also a good way to keep stress and anxiety away. Ensure that you practice the exercises, poses and various breathing activities on a daily basis for at least half an hour to one hour in order to feel visible effects in your mood.
- Acupressure: There are a series of specific acupoints in everyone 's body which can be pressed and activated in order to relieve the painful and debilitating symptoms of many conditions, including stress and anxiety. Acupressure is a well known way of dealing with these conditions. This method, with its pointed devices and needles, helps in releasing endorphins and eliminating toxins with reduced muscle pressure and better blood circulation.
- A Better Routine: One of the best ways of removing stress and anxiety from your life is by taking care of your routine and ensuring that you eat, sleep and exercise at a set time every single day so as to create a more organised environment in your life. Limiting caffeine and removing smoking or excessive alcohol dependence can also improve the condition by leaps and bounds.
If the stress and anxiety does not go away with natural methods, then it is best to see a doctor for supplements and therapy.
I have severe rashes and itching near my private part, specifically the region of inner wear. I have taken homeopathic medicine but it didn't worked. Kindly suggest a relief measure as I am in trouble due to this infection, can't even walk properly.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..