Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Akhilesh KumarYour feedback matters!
While most noise is just in the background for us, loud noises, either in small spurts or prolonged exposure, can cause hearing loss. This has been happening more frequently as the levels of noise in an industrialized society go further up.
Noise induced hearing loss explained
Loud noises may damage the sensitive structure of your ear, which process the sound waves into information. They eventually become nonfunctional, resulting in a loss of hearing in that range. If exposure to loud noises continues, then this might extend to the entire range of hearing and may cause total hearing loss.
What may cause noise induced hearing loss?
Some of the scenarios which may cause noise induced hearing loss are as follows:
1. Listening to music on high volume: If you constantly listen to music or watch movies at your home on very loud levels, then it may result in noise induced hearing loss. In fact, listening to music or watching movies with headphones in your ears is one of the leading causes for hearing loss. Headphones have deceptively loud levels and may result in damaged hearing overtime.
2. Noise of household tools: Household tools such as drills, mixers, grinders, mowers, and saws can expose you to loud levels of noise. Even a quick exposure for a few seconds could temporarily damage your hearing.
3. Occupational problems: Occupations such as construction, factory work and military that require the use of power tools on a constant basis can also cause hearing loss. The sound from the resulting friction might damage your hearing very quickly. Explosions and impacts are also causes of hearing loss in the military and law enforcement departments.
Prevention and treatment
Treatment: It is difficult to treat hearing loss as in most cases; it may be permanent, except sudden shocks, when your hearing might come back to normal. The only treatments for hearing loss are hearing aids or cochlear implants which can restore hearing partially.
Prevention: Prevention is the best method to avoid hearing loss and in most cases, you should wear ear protection such as mufflers or sound level reduction devices to protect your hearing. Also, practice listening to music, watching TV or movies at lower levels, especially if you are on the headphones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ent-specialist.
My Both ear right and left Tone burst eroke' so they advised me taking hearing machine but its also not working for me so, i'm too not hearing properly please tell me the medicine or treatment.
I am a 37 years old male, and nowadays I am hearing a hissing sound / ringing sensation in my ears since the last few weeks. This sensation becomes more prominent at some times and less at others. I would also like to mention that my nose is blocked during each night and I have to use Otrivin spray to decongest it. Please advise.
Sie mere ear mey 10 years se prblm h mere ear ke dono ear drums gal gay h or usmey hole bhi.Kya yh bina opperation ke hemopathic se thikh ho skte h
Hello Doc, I am 24 years old working women with height 164 cm (5'4"). Over the course of time I have gained weight and now its stable between 61-62 kg. Although I have google a lot about diets and weight loss food tips, but I would love to hear from a dietician that is there any blood group specific diet that one should follow to reduce weight and fat. I am a bit reluctant to go and spend money on diet charts prepared by dietician because I cannot afford that much because I am average earning person. So I am asking for a response from your side if there is something called diet and diet tips and any blood group specific diet to reduce weight and fat, I would love to hear that.
I am losing hear quickly and have tired all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure but else can I do can you please help me with this..
I am pregnant.What all should be avoided from my daily routine so as to improve my health as a whole?
I am jishan and I am 23 years old right now, but I have a problem that my throat is always paining also my voice is n9t so clear now I am very much disturb due to this and I am addicted to cold drinks so please help me out regarding this I want to speak clearly but whenever I tried I can not do this because when 8 push my throat to speak the air with my voice is came out and no 9ne can understand or listen what I am saying or what I want to say?
Hi I am 50. Two months back I was diagnosed with acoustic neuromma and I underwent cyber knife treatment. I feel complete deafness in the affected area and headache also usually at night. Is this any side effect psot treatment? how long will it take to recover?
I am 47 years old .From last 2 years, I am unable to feel smell through my nose. But sometimes, I feel smell for a short period.
1. Congenital causes
2. Maternal rubella syphilis or certain other infections during pregnancy
3. Low birth weights
4. Birth asphyxia
5. Severe jaundice in neonatal period
Sir I have cold from 4 days now some better but I have a problem in my right ear. In ear some geeeeee. Sound is produced continuously due to that I can not hearing talks clearly. May I know the reason why the sound is produced in my ear. What's medicine can I take to recovery. please advice to me. Thank you sir.
I m suffering from hear burn problem form long 1 year almost. Means I m having gastric problem with heart burn. I am taking regular medicine like 1. Cap. rabemac DSR 2. Amlycure-DS Syrup n Kuthjarishta syrup from Vaidhnath. On taking these medicines on regular basis I don't have problems. But on leaving medicine for just one day starts creating problems. Kindly suggest what need to be done to cure this?
Dear doctor before 2 or 3 months when I was in bathroom to take a bath. Unfortunately some water goes in my ear and now I am feeling very bad. I mean it's almost dead now. 80% dead. It's been my exams that I could not consult a doctor. What should I do now. & 1 more thing, whenever I put my headphones on. I can clearly hear only 20 to 30 % from that particular ear. It's been so frustrating. Please advise me.
-does not responds to sound by making sounds, or by looking at the speaker.
- isn't using gestures, such as bye-bye & does not stops activity in response to'no.
- does not point to five body parts and has trouble imitating tow word sentences
- does not follow a serious two simple but related commands.
- about three quaters of the child's speech at 3 years and by 4 years old, a child should mostly be understood even by people who don't know the child.
If your answer is" yes, consult a speech language pathologist