Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Akhilesh KumarYour feedback matters!
My right ear half gone as per audiometry test, now managing by left ear. Some docs say to continue like this so long it is manageable, some suggest to be on trial by hearing aid. My question will the left ear be damaged while other one takes the load?
Hello I'm a male 25 yrs old, and I am suffering from cold very badly, I had running nose and dry cough and my ears are blocked from 12 days due to sinus, even thought I went to ENT specialist and took medicines my cold and cough has been reduced but my ears still blocked and I unable to hear properly. Doctor prescribed medicines for me 1. ZOCEF-CV 500 2. PAN-D 3. OMNACORTIL-20 4. SINAREST. Please suggest me whether it is a right combination, i'm very much worried still as I cannot hear properly even after 15days.
Hello Doc, I am 24 years old working women with height 164 cm (5'4"). Over the course of time I have gained weight and now its stable between 61-62 kg. Although I have google a lot about diets and weight loss food tips, but I would love to hear from a dietician that is there any blood group specific diet that one should follow to reduce weight and fat. I am a bit reluctant to go and spend money on diet charts prepared by dietician because I cannot afford that much because I am average earning person. So I am asking for a response from your side if there is something called diet and diet tips and any blood group specific diet to reduce weight and fat, I would love to hear that.
I am suffering from hearing loss from my right ear. Hearing gradually reduced over a period of ten years. Presently my age is 55 years and my left ear was undergone surgery for the same problem in the year : 1982 (33 years ago). Surgery success and hearing developed a lot. But subsequently, my left ear was also reduced the hearing. Presently, using hearing aid for left ear. Right ear is totally hearing loss now. Please suggest me - whether I can undergo any surgery for my right ear.
I have tinnitus problem in my left ear. I hear faint whistling sound non - stop. It first started around 4 months ago. It stopped for a few weeks and again started. What should I do and what precautions should I take to avoid severeness? Can it be self-cured? What medicines should I take?
I am experiencing some buzzing and (or) ringing sound in my ear. Earlier I was diagnosed with serious otitis media and now this situation persists. Am I suffering from tinnitus or it will fade with time?
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.