Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
When I was 13 years old, my front two tooth got broken when I hit the wall while playing. I was undergoing a crowning treatment. The doctor made a hole in both teeth and cleaned it, but I didn't continue the treatment after that. Now I'm 25 years old and is it possible to continue the treatment? I didn't get any pain, but the color of both teeth got dark.
I have class one occlusion on my posteriors but have edge to edge occlusion (2mm) anteriorly. I am going for ortho treatment but they told me they will remove my mandibular incisor for creating space. Should I reconsider or go for extraction? All my teeth are healthy and no caries are present.
I am 32 years old, I was having mouth ulcers problem and throat pain problem. I am taking the medicines for 5 days and its getting cured. I use to take erox 250, meftal 250 and samproz 40 for cure. But again another few days ulcers problem is coming and again I'm taking tablets for cure. Doctor I need the permanent solution for resolve this cure.
I am 22 year girl and it seems my wisdom teeth are coming out but suddenly I saw my gum became very weak and blood is coming out not only from beside the wisdom teeth but here and there! What causes these? What should I do?
I have tooth problem in lower jaw with full of teeth's is any treatment for this to replace new one's.
Brush twice a day and floss daily even when your braces are on. The food particles get stuck into the braces very easily. It is very important to keep them clean.
Sir. I have teeth and gum problems. When ever I use to eat ice cream. I feel sensitivity. Please suggest a solution.
Omega-3 fatty acids are 'good' fats that reduce cholesterol levels and 'bad' saturated fats from your body. They belong to a family of unsaturated fatty acids and are necessary for the normal functioning of the body. The body cannot synthesize omega-3 fatty acids; hence, you can get it from sources such as salmon which provides omega-3 fatty acids known as ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) and vegetable oils such as soybean oil, rapeseed oil and flaxseed oil that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
How can they help in gum problems?
A study, published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, was based on a survey called the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, researched and studied the effects of consumption of DHA on dental health. After studying data from over 9000 participants, researchers found that the people, who consumed the highest amount DHA amongst all, were 20% less prone to developing periodontitis.
Periodontitis is an inflammatory gum disease caused by bacteria that accumulate around the gums. It causes the gums to recede, leading to the development of gaps between the gums and teeth and loss of bones that provide support to the teeth. Periodontitis may even cause tooth loss.
The research showed that even consuming a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids offered protection against gum diseases. Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties, which help relieve inflammation of gums that occurs in periodontitis. Researchers from Kentucky University found that omega-3 fatty acids have anti-bacterial properties, which prevent and cure gum diseases. Gum diseases have been related to other conditions such as heart disease, pneumonia and diabetes, hence keeping gum diseases at bay keeps other fatal diseases away as well.
Sir I have performed my root canal last six months so now it started swelling so kindly help me and let me know the reason abt it because i am afraid that I can lead to some other disease and I'm planning to extract on money so let me know that I should take medicine or not.
Often regarded as less painful and much milder than more serious diseases like periodontal disease, Gingivitis involves the inflammation, redness, irritation and swelling of your gums. People who suffer from Gingivitis are normally unaware of it because of its mild nature, but it might turn out to be serious in some cases and can lead to periodontitis and tooth loss.
Signs and symptoms
Since Gingivitis is seldom harmful, people who suffer from it are, in most cases, hardly aware of having it. Nevertheless, here are a few signs and symptoms which may indicate that you have Gingivitis:
1. Tender, puffy gums
2. Gums easily bleed whenever you brush or floss your teeth
3. Swollen gums
4. Change in color from a healthy pink to a dusky red
5. Receding gums
6. Bad breath
Gingivitis is most commonly caused by bad oral hygiene and maintenance. Bad oral hygiene usually supports the formation of plaque and tartar. Because plaque forms and re-forms quickly, it requires daily removal. If you don't give your teeth the attention it needs, plaque can further result in the formation of tartar, which is a heavier and denser substance than plaque and acts as a protective barrier for bacteria. It is even more difficult to remove it and you may require dental cleaning.
The main aim of treatment is to reverse the symptoms of Gingivitis and to prevent further development of the disease into more serious dental issues and diseases.
Professional treatment of Gingivitis includes:
1. Initial evaluation and assessment
2. Thorough cleaning with the help of professional dental tools and instruments
3. Instructions on effective flossing and brushing techniques at home
4. Regular cleaning and professional checkups
5. Fixing of crowns and other dental restorations to help prevent the growth of plaque and tartar
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
My front teeth is getting black day by day. And I remember that in my childhood I got hurt on my teeth. So please I need your suggestion to make it normal.
Gum bleeding is a severe kind of oral trouble and it needs to be resolved as soon as possible otherwise it might get converted into a serious issue. There are some simple ways by means of which bleeding gums can be stopped.
5 ways to prevent bleeding of gums
- Have a healthy diet: Oral health can only be preserved well by maintaining a healthy diet, and this can also prevent bleeding gums. Fruits and veggies are included in this kind of diet. These foods offer necessary nutrients, which get absorbed in your gums as a result of which gums stop bleeding. The state of your gums can be improved by adding those foods into your diet as these are enriched with magnesium, calcium, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Improving dental care routine: Bleeding gums can be stopped by taking good care of the health of your gums, and this is possible only with the help of a regular dental check-up. Consult a dentist right away. Though flossing and brushing are needed for reducing gum inflammation and swelling, but still medical check-up is required in order to find out whether you are using the correct toothbrush, flossing solution and toothpaste or not. On the other hand, early stages of gum diseases causing bleeding can be detected and thus advanced stages can be easily prevented.
- Quit smoking: You should not continue smoking anymore in order to protect your gums from different troubles or diseases. Tobacco toxins keep on depositing over your gums due to consistent smoking thereby, causing severe troubles, and you might even face gum bleeding.
- Acute relaxation: If your stress levels somehow get increased, then in that case, you might face the trouble of gum bleeding. This is the reason you should steal some time from work for relaxation. You can also start practicing different kinds of stress-releasing therapies like yoga, meditation and other related ones. In this way, your mind troubles will be eliminated, stress level will be controlled, and finally immunity system can be strengthened as a result of which bleeding from the gums can be stopped.
- Stop sharing dental accessories: It has been found that most of the gum diseases are occurring due to sharing of dental accessories with your dear ones; especially toothbrush, braces and others. This will eventually spread affection and love, but along with that infectious gum diseases will also occur, which are highly unwanted. These diseases might lead to severe gum bleeding at times.