Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akansha Kataria
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Akansha KatariaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have some acne on my cheeks and I want to remove those and make my skin smoother as it is in rest of my face. Could you please suggest how can I achieve it?
Hey doctors, I have to ask one question I am 34 week pregnant and at 19 week scan shows echogenic bowel. My Dr. said to recheck at 28 week, so at 28 week it shows mild echogenic bowel and at 33 week is written echogenicity is unremarkable on this scan. Rest all good in report. I am worried please tell. NT scan value is 2 mm Triple marker shows low risk. Ratio is 1: 1313 at age term and 1: 845 at tr 21.
I am 24 year old male. I usually suffer from headache almost daily. In the morning also when I awake. Ache is always in right side of my head and there is pain in right eye also. What should I do? Its been long and I'm not taking any medications. Sometimes I use disprins. Please help.
I having a problem in my legs I am very troubled from itchiness I can not study I have consulted many doctors but nothing happening please help me I am very irritated I have taken lots of medicines.
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Please provide me some food related treatment. As to make changes in diet.
Being a victim or witnessing a horrific accident or personal assault can leave you shocked and scarred. Sometimes, these conditions last for months and years with memories of the traumatic incident triggering intense emotional and physical responses. This is known as post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. It is a fairly common anxiety syndrome and can be treated in a number of ways including drugs, exercise and psychotherapy. However, this treatment aims only to control the disorder and there is no known cure for PTSD as yet.
Exercise not only keeps the body fit, but also helps the body release endorphins. Endorphins help fight stress, fear and pain. Thus, exercising helps focus on the body and its movements instead of your fears. It can also help elevate the mood of a person. Low to moderate intensity exercising is ideal for a PTSD patient. Aerobics, pilates, yoga or martial arts like tai chi are known to be effective ways of reducing stress and anxiety in PTSD patients. Breathing exercises like pranayama can also help calm and relax the mind.
Exercise for a PTSD patient should be planned in repetitive sets. This enables the person to slowly master the type of exercise being done and regain control and confidence in himself. It also needs to be predictable so as to avoid triggering a PTSD emotional or physical response. Non competitive exercises are better than competitive exercises as it does not create an opportunity for the person to feel stressed. Exercising and practicing breathing techniques can also help a person analyze himself and his response to stressful situations. By understanding their reactions, a person can slowly bring about changes to handle stress in a better way.
For a PTSD patient, exercise should not be seen as a group activity but as an individual effort to increase self control. Patience is key here both for the patient and the therapist. It is also necessary for the person to have realistic goals from his exercise regimen. An exercise program for PTSD patients also needs to be flexible. In order to meet the needs of a patient, it may need to be changed in accordance to the medication he is under. Small incidents like having a flat tire when cycling can trigger anxiety in a person suffering from PTSD. However, if dealt with correctly, it can bolster confidence in the long run.
Lastly, exercising also helps improve self-image and build confidence which helps a PTSD patient break out of his protective shell and socialize with others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer. I don't know why people suggest becosules. Does taking it will give some benefit.
Are you suffering from hair loss? Don't just blame your genes for that. A plethora of reasons ranging from hormonal imbalance to thyroid or nutritional deficiency can lead to hair loss. Hair fall and baldness can hamper your self-confidence and push you to a pessimistic and gloomy world of hopelessness. Your hair is the x-factor that influences your personality and sets you apart from others. But, what should you do to tackle hair loss and boost hair growth? Well, there are several ways to get rid of this problem. There are several home based remedies to stop hair fall and enhance growth of hair. Some of these remedies have been listed below:
- Fenugreek: You might be surprised to know that the seeds of fenugreek contain hormone antecedents. These help in repair of hair follicles. The seeds are also rich in nicotinic acid that promotes growth of hair. Fenugreek seeds should be soaked in water overnight and then make a paste by grinding them. This paste should be applied on the scalp and left for about 30 minutes. The paste should then be rinsed off with only water, avoid application of shampoo or any other cleaning agent.
- Aloe Vera: It is a very useful home remedy in tackling issues related to the hair. It helps in maintain and restoring the pH balance of the scalp. It has a slightly alkaline property. Gel formed out of aloe vera is also helpful in getting rid of dandruff. The gel should be applied to the scalp for 45 minutes and then washed with water. This treatment must be followed for at least twice or thrice a week for best results.
- Oil massage: Insufficient supply of nutrients to the hair can lead to loss of hair. Therefore, it is always a wise idea to massage the scalp with hot oil to provide enough nutrients to the scalp and improve the flow of blood in the head. It is usually recommended to massage the scalp and hair strands with oil rich in vitamin E, such as olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil for 45 minutes. Thereafter, you can wash away the excess oil by applying shampoo.
- Coconut milk: It is rich in fats and proteins. It helps in the growth of hair and prevents loss. For best results, grind the coconut pulp to get milk out of it and then apply it to the scalp and hairs. Leave the milk for over 30 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo for preventing thinning of hairs.
- Diet plan: You need to take care of your diet first in order to add volume to your hairs. Include vegetables rich in iodine like nori, dulse, kombu and wakame in your meals. Iodine helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland and quite essential for healthy hair. Fatty acids are also essential for hair growth. It is advised to consume adequate amounts of nuts, fish and avocados for healthy hairs.
- Along with a healthy hair diet, it is important that you exercise properly as it will ensure that there is proper blood flow to your scalp and will help in the growth of hair.
- Treat your hair delicately. Avoid unnecessary brushing, combing or handling. Use a soft, round bristles brush.
- Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
- Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.
- Avoid Stress as it is the major cause of hair loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.