Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajith Sadwa
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajith SadwaYour feedback matters!
I am a mother of 2 years daughter. My daughter still take breastfeed. Can you please suggest me is there any harm in that or is it will effect my or my child's body. And how to stop this. Is their is any medicine by which my daughter stops breastfeed?
After delivery which medicines should be taken? What should I eat for brain development of my baby. .i have 1 month old baby.
Hi, My baby is 6 months old and he has had diarrhea problem when he was 4 months old I was feeding him nanpro stage 1. After consulting a local doctor he asked us to take motion test and then told My son was having lactose intolerance. So he advice me to stop feeding number and suggested Nusobee Soya. I started to go to work and it has been 2 months and I feed him only in the nights now my baby is straining while pooing and also he cries a lot, he poops once in 5 days only. Can you help.
My son is 10 months old. His birth weight is 2.25 kg. Now he is 8 kg. Is the weight normal? What food habit should I follow to increase the weight? Please.
My sister have thyroid problem and doctor refer 50 mcg dosage and she has 4 years old baby girl. That baby ate that half of 3 tablets. Any side effect or any remedies please tell me, Thanking you sir/madam.
Hello sir, my niece is one year old and she is diagnosed with hernia in abdomen. It becomes prominent while she cries and she doesn't take interest in eating vomit frequently due to which she is becoming very thin and irritating. Is surgery the only option at such a young stage. Kindly recommend the solution. Thanks.
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.
I’m Dr Mehul Chawla, practising, in Gurgaon. I’m practising dentistry since 2011. Since inception, I was always into two things, first was root canal treatments and second is dental implants. Both these fields are closer to each other. Root canals help to save the tooth the implants help to replace the tooth that is spoilt. So let me just tell you briefly about root canal treatments. So root canals, a root canal is a procedure of aeronautic and causative department of dentistry. So it is a procedure to save a tooth for a long time that has been decayed due to the past neglect of the person.
In root canals, they clean the canals of the tooth with an instrument so that to make sure there is no microorganism remaining. Finally, the root of the canal is filled with dental filling material. So let's come to implant now. See implants are not very recent procedures. They are in the market for the past 30 years now but these days they are very famous in India now because the implant cost has drastically decreased.
Implants is basically a procedure to replace one or number of teeth with better than before fixed prosthesis. Also, the implants are more promising replacement options than others because it gives a success rate of more than 98%. So replacement of one tooth to the number of teeth is actually possible with the help of dental implants.
So thanks for watching me. If you wish to see me again or wish to know more about dentistry, just put on the Lybrate. You can email me, you can call me. You can go online and do the video chatting with me.
I will be very happy to share my knowledge with you.