Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My child is a 4 year old. But he have a problem, that he is suffer fever frequently between 24-30 days continued. What shall I do at first ? But I had consulted with a doctor and prescribe some medicine, but not works properly. What shall I do, at first for my child ?
Sir my son 6 years old has celiac (gluten allergy) last 3 year. Having watery motions since last night and severe stomach cramps. (Feeling that may be a cross contamination). What medicine can I give. please tell sir.
My son is 9 months old past 6 months his head is becoming heat then and then what may be the reason?
I have a baby boy having a problem. Mean he fall in trouble when goes for latrine. He is 3 years old and it takes him lot of time to do potty. Please suggest what to do ?
Hi, i got cesarean delivery 7 months back while my baby born she was 3 kg & 500 gram but while she was 6th month it was 5 kg 500gram and she looks very slim feel scared to catch also since from one month I took no fat tablet whether its making my baby is not increasing weight because of breast milk. I am giving solid food also but no changes at all please let me know any solution to become my baby little bit chubby.
My child have flu problem for last one week he is 3 years old his running nose vomiting stomach problem chest problem What should I do?
My baby is 15 month old. On Saturday he started vomiting and had fever. We went to our doctor and he gave medicines. Also informed us that he might have loose motions. And we have to do stool test. And yesterday he started having loose motions. Now our relatives are saying that all these are happening because of molar teeth eruptions. Is this true?
My daughter is 18 months old, she is only 9 kgs. Her daily routine is, she gets up at 7 and will have a small bowl of cereal, at around 9 she will have some raw vegetables. At 12 she will have meal with dal and curry. At 2 she will drink milk and sleep. At 4 pm she will have 1 fruit and milk. At 7 pm she will have her dinner. At 9 pm she will drink a small glass of milk and at 10: 30 she will have some milk,(breast feeding). And during the night she gets up for every 2 hours and will drink some milk. Everyone are suggesting me to stop breast feeding during night time. But she cries a lot for milk and won't get diverted. What should I do? so that she gains some weight and how to stop breastfeeding.
6 months old baby now he is weight 5.5 kgs.He is not increased his weight still one month Birth weight 2.7 kgs. Sir / madam please tell me diet and precursions. What can take the next step
My baby is one and half year old. She did not eat well properly. What can I do what food shall I give for her health.
Sir, my daughter is 10 years old, and all of a sudden her height stopped growing. Now she is 3 feet 11 inches. And she is studying in class 5th. You are requested to please guide us, or if you can give us any medicine for her height to grow. Thanks.
Hello Doctor. My baby is just 8 months old and since last five days she is suffering from too much of cough and cold. We have shown her to a doctor and giving her the medicine as prescribed. Medicines are tixylix syrup, taxim-o syrup, albutamol plus. And have even given her nebulizer. She is better from before yet too much of cough is der in the chest. She sometime use to vomit and too much of cough comes out in dat. She had fever just for 1 day. Now she is just having the cough. Please suggest something which can help her to get well at the earliest.
My due is on July first week and am choosing breast feeding which foods r good for that which food I need to avoid also am worried will I get milk after birth bcoz I don't find any symptoms please advice.
Sir, My son age is 16, everyday in the morning he is feeling very weak and some gaseous in his stomach. Please advise me Homeopath or allopathic treatment.
Hai doctors, my baby is three and half month old. Always he is keeping his leg fingers are bend. Is it normal. When I checked wth doctor he told it will be normal. I'm realy worried. Please suggest me.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms.