Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajit Deshmukh
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from skin problem dark patches in lips corner and too much dark circles and I am using melaglow cream but there is no effect. So please help me?
I had skin infection on my waist area Now it's completely gone but its black marks are still there. Can you suggest me how to remove those n get my skin color back?
I am 46 years old. I am suffering from (at the time of toilet/Latrine my inside rectum pipe is come out) since last 2 years.
Bariatric surgery is advised only in cases of morbid obesity, which has various severe health effects. Undergoing bariatric or weight loss surgery requires effort not just prior to surgery, but also after surgery to ensure its success. This includes significant diet and lifestyle changes, which often involves moving from one end of the spectrum to another end. However, for a person who is willing to do this, the long-term benefits are multiple.
- Weight loss: Bariatric surgery is advised only for people who are obese. One of the first benefits they would see is weight loss. The tendency to eat less is one of the important ways to reduce eating. Nutrition planning should be meticulously done to achieve two things – avoid weight gain and promote weight loss.
- Emotional gains: For a person who is used to seeing an obese image in the mirror, it is a great morale booster to see that image changing to a slender version. This is a big boost to continue the effort towards diet and exercise, which will only improve the confidence and esteem levels.
- Overall health: Morbid obesity is not an isolated condition. It brings with it a host of medical issues including sleep apnoea, diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, etc. With obesity under control, these conditions also begin to improve and the person’s overall quality of life begins to improve. This in turn provides a big boost for the person to continue working at weight loss.
- Reduced healthcare expenses: Obese people often need to eat various medications to manage overall health. There could also be emotional health management issues. With this controlled, the patient spends less on overall health and feels good again.
- Social connect: Morbid obesity isboth a physical and an emotional blockage for a person to engage socially. Once it is controlled, the person is more confident in meeting people and participating in social activities. This further leads to increased overall happiness.
- Active life: With reduced weight, the person’s level of activity improves. What seemed difficult earlier is suddenly doable. A person who could not walk some steps is able to, and this is a big booster.
People who undergo bariatric surgery require quite a bit of effort to change their overall lifestyle. However, the benefits are for them to see for themselves, and that is the biggest motivator to continue working towards their goal. Support is definitely required both medically and socially to ensure that it works. The benefits are there for all to reap.