Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay SoodYour feedback matters!
Sir My face in over blakning and other part of my body Any Problem in? Reduce the blakning in face useful medicines Tell me sir?
Dear doctors, smoking is my bad habit But now I decided to stop smoking. Due to smoking my lips became black and I want to get back my earlier lip Please give me some idea to remove the dark spot of lips.
I have dark circles . I even sleep well I have no stress . What cream of treatment should I take for it to reduce dark circle.
I am 19 years old. Amd my skin tone is dusky and I have oily skin. Which it causes pimples on my face, pls suggest me a best skin whitening cream that suits my oily skin, as I want to whiten my dusky colour.
Many Indians are crazy about fair skin and go to extreme lengths to achieve and maintain a fair complexion. The media bombards you daily with very catchy advertisements of creams, lotions, sunscreens and other unscientific products that claim to make your skin fairer. Do you know that your skin colour is darker for very good evolutionary and biological reasons and that medically speaking, it is good that you do not have very fair skin?
Darker skin is adapted to sunlight and has increased quantity of a pigment called melanin. The more melanin you have, the darker your skin. And the safer you are! Melanin along with other factors, acts as a “natural umbrella” and prevents harmful radiation from entering your skin. These are just some of the reasons why black skin is safe and beautiful:
- You are less prone to sunburns: White skinned individuals often get painful, carrot-red or tomato-red inflamed sunburns on exposure to sunlight. Some individuals also get blistering sunburns requiring aggressive medical treatment to control the reaction. Your darker skin allows you to spend much longer time on the beach and you probably have never ever experienced any blister due to sunlight.
- You do not experience photo-ageing: Fine and deep wrinkles, broken blood vessels on the nose and cheeks, freckles, age spots and rough scaly spots called keratosis are commonly seen in white skinned individuals with long term sun exposure. These set of changes are called photo-aging. Because of natural sun protection, your Indian skin remains has less wrinkles and is smoother, even when exposed to the same amount of sunlight.
- You are less prone to skin cancers: Without melanin, you can imagine white skin as a transparent covering, which allows harmful UV light to penetrate through into the lower layers of the skin. This radiation causes damage to the DNA and a few cells may mutate to cause skin cancers, some of which are deadly. You are lucky that your “natural umbrella” blocks UV light effectively and cells in different layers of the skin suffer much less damage compared to white-skinned individuals. However, don’t forget to see a dermatologist in case you see any new bump, or in case you see any change in(a)symmetry, border, color, diameter or evolution (ABCDE) of any existing moleon your skin.
However, on the flip side, since your skin is effective in shielding you from sunlight, you are also prone to Vitamin D deficiency. Sunlight is required for the production of Vitamin D and darker skinned individuals are more prone to this deficiency. Talk to your dermatologist about this possibility.
Sunscreens were developed to protect against sunburns and skin cancers and you probably do not need them as a routine, unless you work outdoors, on beaches or on mountains. Stay away from skin brightening creams, since many of them contain compounds which permanently damage your skin and organs. Make it a point to consult a dermatologist before putting any medication on your skin. Be proud and be happy that you have dark Indian skin.
I have a black lips wht can I do. To lighten my lips colour and my colour is so fair now it became dark nd unglow. Plzz suggest.
I have blackish pinhead sized lesions under my knee joint. It has darkened the skin nd it looks little ugly. please help.
I have blackheads, Pores, and little scars in my face as of now I took many medicines but none of the medicine has been cured my problems. Please prescribe me the best solution and tell me the duration of intake of medicine.
Multiple lipoma on body. Non painful, non tender. Were 2 in number before but now increasing in number size constant.
Skin Problems having some problems on my skin since 5 years but don't know how to solve it marks blackheads acne etc.
I have small bumps on my face time and again accompanied by itching and burning. I've seen a dermatologist who kept giving me steroid creams because there was no alternative measure for it to subside. Finally she asked me to see an allergist who suggested it was contact dermatitis and I had my allergy test. And he gave me oral vaccination. After 7 months also the red tiny pimples looking bumps still appear on my face. And the only way they heal is if I use mometasone furoate a topical steroid cream. I have using this for almost a year now. The bumps appear every two months should I do?
Hi doctor, actually I have dark circle below my eyes so how can I remove this please give me a best advice.
I am 34 years old, my skin is oily, I have taken medicines prescribed by dermatologist but no effect, I have pimples on my cheeks and black spots, black head converted into pimples and left mark on the face and forhead, I feel very depress when I see my face in the mirror, so kindly suggest what step to be taken for removing for ever the pimples and black spot.
I am 22 year old girl, my problem is when I go to bed in winter season my skin starts itching below neck and up to knee. While in other season it's okay. Can you suggest me something this is very irritating for me.
I am 34 years old male. My palm skin is very rough and get harder some time its occur cracks mostly at both hand thumb and first finger. I use bike for travelling. Please suggest.
1. You should have plenty of water to avoid dehydration during summer
2 .Fruit such as watermelon, orange, sweet lime muskmelon, grape have more water . They help you to stay healthy
3.Please avoid eating outside it may damage your skin such as pimple or oily skin.
4. Please wash your face twice a day.
5. Please apply sunscreen SPF 35 to avoid sunburn.