Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay MalikYour feedback matters!
Hai sir this is Prasad my wife's last period date on 3 rd June, still She didn't get periods, from last 3 days she was suffering with pain in abdomen, I did pregnancy test twice but it's showing negative. Could you please tell the reasons for not getting periods.
I am 42 year old woman, I have 2 children. Elder one is 13 years and the younger one is 3 and half yrs. Recently when I examined my breasts I found milky discharge from both breasts. I am bit worried. Dr. Is this normal? I don't have any pain, swelling, rashes or lump in my breasts.
What causes warts? Can we prevent it?
Warts are small formations that occur on the skin. They appear in the form of dark protruding bumps or brown flat lesion on the skin surface. Sometimes they might also have tiny black specks on them. Warts usually form on the hands, feet, face and genitals, although they may appear on other parts of the body in some cases.
What causes the formation of warts?
Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family.
This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the next. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts?
Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- picking and scratching on warts should be avoided
- avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection
- grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care
- moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it
Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or Dettol.
Wart removal should be done by a qualified dermatologist. It is simple, safe opd procedure which takes few minutes only and does not leave any scars.
My menstrual has stopped 3 years back, now I feel to have a baby so will I get pregnancy at this stage?
I am having pcod but in follicular study multiple follicles are there where it will problem for pregnancy right side 10 and left side 10 thickness 15 mm.
Hai sir / madam my wife is 6 weeks pregnant can we participate in sex normally. Upto which month we participate in sex? Please advise me.
Is there is a relation of un regular periods with fats? Means if there is delay in periods body get over weight? Or any issues of less blood causes body looks heavy?
AM going to get married. And my fiance mentally tortures me for being a non virgin. He considered virginity as everything. No matter how hard I try to explain him he doesn't understand. However he himself is non virgin. R there any ways except surgery to restore virginity. Or how should I deal with this.
Hello sir My wife was pregnant in January 2016 but we abort pregnancy with tablet But she pregnant again so now this time aslo take abort pregnancy by tablet.
Hi doctor dis sde Dr. namrta. I live in rajasthan. M suffering from hypoplastic uterus. Can you please tell me how I may conceive baby?
My age is 19. At this age, I am looking so fat and also having uterus problem, How to be maintained my fitness and give any redeem solution to my problem.
I m married but separated from last 8 yrs, doesnt have any physical relation with any one, now a day i feel very tired my age is 38 can it affect on my health
The coconut plant is an extremely versatile plant. No part of it goes waste. The whole fruit is used from its succulent flesh to its water everything is utilized. Coconut is in fact filled with various nutrients. It has many health benefits. The coconut is now seen as a superfood.
The reasons behind so many health benefits of coconut have been laid down here:
- Consuming any coconut product leads to a positive effect on weight management. It speeds up metabolism and provides instant energy. Unlike other energy sources, coconut has fewer calories than other fats. In fact, it is most likely to burn up than being stored in the body as fat.
- Coconut has good fats. It contains medium chain fatty acids. Long chain fatty acids are responsible for high cholesterol. But medium chain fatty acids are not. Instead, they help to lower the chances of atherosclerosis and other heart diseases. Also among the coconut's several different properties, it contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is found in human breast milk.
- Carbohydrates are of two types, digestible (soluble) and non-digestible (insoluble). Soluble carbohydrates do not leave the body and get stored as fats. Insoluble carbohydrates do the opposite. Coconuts contain insoluble carbohydrates. As the body cannot digest the fibre, it cannot retain any calories and does not affect blood sugar levels.
- Since coconuts contain insoluble fibres, they do not raise glucose levels. Coconuts, thus have low glycaemic index.
- Sweet cravings are lessened and insulin secretion is improved. Blood sugar has better utilization. Coconut lowers any growth in blood sugar, thus reducing cravings.
- Coconut oil is beneficial to fight tooth decay. It fights the bacteria and the mouth bugs that give rise to dental caries.
- Brain disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and strokes can be prevented.
- It has no trans-fat
- It is gluten free. Also, the flour made from dried, powdered coconut flesh can even be used in baking!
- It is hypoallergenic
- Boosts immune system
- Coconut contains fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties. They kill bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses that cause diseases.
- Protects body from free radicals that lead to premature aging
- It is also good for your hair and skin