Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay MalikYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor I am 26 (2016) years old and trying to conceive. I was diagnosed with PCOD in 2009 and was given Krimson 35 for three months I got my periods regularly but had many side effects stopped medication and practiced yoga diet and had regular periods. I got married in 2013 and from oct 2014 trying for baby. We used only withdrawal method for pregnancy during early days no medicationThen I started trying to get pregnant in oct 2014 and after three months jan 2015 went to doctor and took test ultrasound and all. All test came normal and I had cyst only in right ovaries. Doc asked me to take duphaston 10mg from 24th day of the cycle and have contact from 14-24 by I miss understood and took duphaston from 14-24 for four cycles. I went o doc again she asked to stop all medicines as you took it in wrong dates it would have confused hormones. Doc said you try for one year reduce weight (i am 150 cm 54 kgs) diet and come after a year. She told take folic and glycomet tried for four monthly cycles were irregular 36 day 39 days like thatThen my husband went to onsite from sep 2015 - dec 2015i did not take any medicine then. My periods were irregular then also. Since he came back on dec I went to doc she agin told have duphaston for 2 cycle (from 24th day for 1 week) and come. I had for one cycle got my periods thought from jan 2016 I will try for 6 months with folic acid alone and then go to doc. Jan 11 was start date of the cycle now it is feb 26, it is 47 days of the cycle. No periods negative test. I had single drop of blood on 31 and 32 days fo this cycle I am doing yoga for 1 hour daily and gym for 30 mins. My questions are1. Can I still be pregnant? 2. What could be reason for this confusion3. I stopped taking glycomet 850 and had only folic acid could that cause this delayed periods? 4. What are the next steps I should do5. How long does duphaston tablet have effects in our body. Will no taking that cause delayed periods.
I am mahesh merit wife k dono breast, ek small hai or ek big bacche ko doodh ek se pilati hai or ek ka nipple chota hai jis se baccha doodh nahi pi sakta dono breasts ka size ek jaisa krne k liye kya krna hoga.
I'm in mid forty and suffering from hot flushes after reaching menopause stage. I've been having these hot flushes since 8 months, please suggest me the proper medication to get over.
I have done sex many times without any condom but I didn't allow my sperm on my girlfriend's vagina does she gets pregnant.
Over the years, infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. And each of them leaves the persons with feelings of betrayal, anger and guilt. There are 101 reasons for infidelity – even among the harmonious marriages - emotional disconnection from a partner is cited one of the most common causes. Feeling deprived of affection, appreciation, emotional support, feeling lonely and sad and the consequent feelings of anger and resentment all culminate into why people stray.
- Bad judgment - But it could be as simple as impulsive decisions and acts too. The primary relationship (that is, the relationship with the spouse or long-term partner) maybe perfectly harmonious, yet in a momentary attraction and a rash decision a person may sow the seeds for infidelity.
- Sexual dissatisfaction - Sexual dissatisfaction is stated as another important cause.
- Search for an emotional connect - Many a time, it's also the urge for attention, to be flattered, and to be attracted by someone, causes infidelity.
Whatever the reasons for one to stray away, the act shatters the trust of the betrayed persons, and everything they believe to be true about the partner. People find themselves crying a lot, not being able to concentrate, being upset, and feeling depressed. The most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship. However, emotions change over time. Once the initial shock is over, there are steps one might try before walking out of the relationship-
- Ending the affair immediately - The first and foremost step that one must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
- Open discussion - If you want the relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
- Willingness to compromise - Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be nearly what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it, as well as have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
- Marriage therapy - Apart from attempts to amend yourself, you can also take the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist can, through a series of sessions of discussions and sound counsels, avert the possible ending of the relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
In ultrasound report of 34 week pregnancy. Spine: appears normal for gestational age, 1 loop of cord around neak what it mean?
When my periods come, I will get stomach pain like hell what to do for this pain please tell me when periods I am getting pain a lot tell me any medicine name.
Hello Dr. It's been 3 years of marriage n once I had miscarriage a few months before. After that I'm not able to conceive. What is the best time to conceive for a baby. I have thyroid but my last TSH test is 0.66 n it is normal. My weight is 82 kg n my age is 23 yrs. I'm having lil effect of PCOS also. Last month I was having follicular monitoring but it wasn't successful. please help me doctor.
Non Hodgkin Lymphoma is when the cells in your lymphatic system become cancerous. The lymphatic system is responsible for fighting off diseases, which may attack your body. Initially, tumors develop from the lymphocytes in your body. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is much more common than the other type of lymphoma which is Hodgkin lymphoma. There are various types of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma; the most common of which are diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma. Here is everything you need to know about Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Swollen lymph nodes: A swollen lymph node in the neck, underarm and armpit which comes about without any pain is a very common symptom of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
2. Fever: When you have a sudden unexplained fever, it may be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
3. Night sweats: Night sweats are simply when you sweat excessively in the night.
4. Fatigue: Feeling extremely tired can be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
5. Weight loss: A sudden unexplained loss of weight is a very common symptom of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
6. Itchiness: An itchy skin is a rather serious indicator of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Just like other forms of cancer, it is not known what causes Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, but there are factors, which put you more at risk compared to others.
1. Immunosuppressive drugs: You are most likely to develop Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, especially after taking immunosuppressive drugs after a major organ transplant.
2. Bacteria and viruses: Certain bacterial and viral infections cause Non-Hodgkin lymphoma including the HIV and Epstein-Barr virus as well as the Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
3. Pesticides: Research suggests that overexposure to the pesticides which kill weeds increases your likelihood of developing Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
4. Age: Elder people are also more likely to suffer from Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy comprises of administering drugs to kill the cancerous cells, either through injection or orally which kill cancer.
2. Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy deals with radiation which is directed at the parts of your body affected by cancer.
3. Medications to enhance the immune system: There are many medications which fight off cancer by boosting the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Does washing your vaginal area after intercourse help in preventing you from pregnancy. Or is there a method to prevent it apart from contraceptive pills.
I just missed my periods in january and still 'im waiting for it. My so many friends told me to eat iron tablets ,chukandar, papaya. And recently I just lost 2 kilogram weight ,but i'm gaining some fat on my stomach. And the most important thing is I don't have any kind of sexual contact with any one. And from 2 years i'm getting some cough problems but according to my report it is normal but I don't thing so. My blood group is o and my mom is patient of thyroid and she had some ovary problem also. So I don't know what to do with MY PERIOD PROBLEMS KINDLY SUGGEST ME FOR IT please. And also suggest me that should I go for thyroid checkup.
I am suffering from little bit jaundice and also having temperature from 99 to 102.5 and I am pregnant, suggest something how can I take relief from all this things. And also share me diet plan.
Stay away from carbonated and other fizzy drinks because of its high sugar content and extremely damaging in nature for the enamel of your teeth due to its highly acidic nature.
In light of the several recent cases of men battering their wives and maltreating women, it’s about time we talked about certain unhealthy character traits
The statistics of people, especially women in Nigeria, who are abused daily or sustain permanent life-altering physical and psychological injuries is startling.
In trying to attain a more healthy and peaceful society, here are 6 characteristics every man should get rid of:
A few of the initial behaviors you may want to check are intense jealousy, fixation and history of abuse. If you have relatives that have been known to be violent in the past in any way, then you may want to address that.
Here are the six other behaviors to look out for:
Threats: If you tell a lady to do something and she doesn’t oblige you request, you shouldn’t then resolve to threats and violent promises. Being calm and reasoning things out is the way forward.
Commanding behavior: No one likes to be ordered around. A woman is not a piece of furniture that can be pushed around. Respect everyone around you and treat them the way you would like to be treated.
Irrational mood swings: If you notice that you go from 0-100 in a second, then you have an issue on your hands. Get the help of a therapist or prayers, whatever helps.
Destructive behavior: There are so many ways you can have an argument without throwing something against the wall or putting your fist through a wall.
Harmful insults: Watch the words that come out of your mouth. There are certain things we say in the heat of the moment that we can’t take back. However, if they occur often, then you should check it.
Violent outbursts during arguments: Lastly, if your voice keeps rising during arguments to a point where the people in the next compound feel like they are in the same room as you or the person you’re arguing with is flinching, then there’s an issue.
Finally, in regard to this issue, if you know anyone in an abusive relationship or you may be in one yourself and you are the abuser, use these signs as a check and get some help.
Cashew nuts or Kajus as we know them in India are widely loved and used in almost every course of food, from starters and snacks to the main course to dessert. Apart from being a delectable food, it also has numerous health benefits. Few of them are:
- When compared to other nuts, they contain low fat content which is in the form of oleic acid. Oleic acid is good for the heart. Cashews also happen to be free of cholesterol and have anti-oxidants which help keep the heart healthy.
- Magnesium present in the cashews helps them to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
- One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help fight cancer. They have high copper content and also have flavonoids called proanthocyanidins which help fight cancer cells in colon cancer.
- The copper in cashews helps in maintaining the right color of the hair.
- Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
- The magnesium in cashews ensures that there is enough magnesium on the bones' surface and calcium cannot enter the nerve cells, thus ensuring healthy nerves.
- Cashews have selenium, magnesium, and copper which all act as antioxidants.
- They help in growth, digestion, and development of the body.
- Despite being considered fatty, cashews have good cholesterol. Despite popular belief, it is good to eat cashew at least once or twice a week.
- The risk of developing gallstones reduces by one-fourth, with a daily intake of cashew nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Normal menstrual cycles range from every 21 to 35 days, according to the Cleveland Clinic, and most women's periods last four to seven days. Unusually short, lengthy, light, heavy, frequent, infrequent or painful periods can derive from stress, dieting, birth control pills and medical conditions, such as fibroids, polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis and, less frequently, cancer. Overexercise and low body weight can cause your cycle to stop altogether. In addition to seeking any necessary medical treatment, emphasize certain foods within a healthy diet to help regulate your cycle.
Whole grains provide valuable amounts of fiber, protein and B vitamins -- nutrients that improve hormonal balance and reduce symptoms of heavy menstruation, according to Dr. Christiane Northrup, a physician and women's health expert. High-glycemic carbohydrate sources, such as white bread and sweets, on the other hand, can worsen your symptoms. They can also impede blood sugar control, interfering with positive energy levels and moods. Limit these foods and emphasize hearty whole grains, such as quinoa, barley, brown rice, oats and popcorn, instead.
Oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel, lake trout and herring, provide rich amounts of protein and healthy fats, which are also important for hormonal balance and normalized menstruation, says Northrup. As top sources of omega-3 fats, oily fish reduce inflammation, which plays a role in pain and bloating, and may help minimize menstrual cramps. For best results, replace protein sources rich in saturated fat, such as red meat, dark-meat poultry and cheeses, with baked, grilled or steamed fish. Saturated fats increase inflammation
Flaxseeds for Fiber
(also u can take flax oil of vestige)
Flaxseeds are top plant sources of omega-3 fats and valuable sources of fiber. They also contain lignans -- natural compounds that can help balance hormones, including estrogen, according to a "Nutrition & Food Sciences" report published in 2012. Add ground flaxseed to other healthy foods, such as smoothies or whole-grain muffins, or have flaxseed flakes for a breakfast rich in omega-3s, fiber and protein. Fortified cereals also supply iron, which is important to replenish if you've experienced heavy menstrual bleeding. Your body loses iron through blood, which can lead to anemia.
Fruits and Vegetables
Getting plenty of the antioxidants, vitamin C and beta-carotene is also important for improved hormonal balance and menstrual health, says Northrup. Fruits and vegetables provide significant amounts of both nutrients, along with fiber. Avoid fruit juices and fruits with added sweeteners, which have a high glycemic index. Instead, opt for fresh or frozen, unsweetened fruits and vegetables. For beta-carotene, eat sweet potatoes, carrots, cantaloupe, mango and sweet peppers. Top vitamin C sources include red bell peppers, citrus fruits, broccoli, strawberries and brussels sprouts.
THIS TIP ALONG WITH PROPER HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES CAN HELP BETTER FOR MENSTRUAL COMPLAINTS.