Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay KumarYour feedback matters!
I am taking levipil 500 mg for seizure I got last week. I have been suffering from sinusitis for the past 3 months. Can I take homeopathy medication for my sinusitis while I undergo medication for the seizure?
I am suffering dry cough for the last 1 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am having deep respiration trouble from last 3 years, I still never went for any check up. I am afraid I may have asthma. What must I do first.
I am 61 years old I got some asthmatic problem now i am using some inhailers for emergency if there any permanant remady for this ?
I have sinus problem. I can't even breathe or speak. I use flomist nasal spray for few days and it becomes better but it reoccur after few days. How can I avoid that? I am 33 male.
Am an asthma patient. Can you gve me advise what kind of exercise good for me. Can I do gym .and gve me a diet chart.
What to do? I have permanent tonsils problem from my childhood I take pills to avoid cold and sour things but still I have this problem.
I have cough from last three days due to which I can't focus on my wowork properly my head is also acheching can please tell me some remedies for this.
Me and my 3 yrs daughter are having cold and cough from more than 2 weeks.. Tried medicines given by doctors. For both of us. Still the situation is the same started pain in ears also with sore throat. i am sure my daughter is also in uncomfortable time. Can any 1 help us both.
The lungs are made of pipes - starting from the nostrils all the way to the fine tubules in the lungs, through which the air we breathe passes through. The inhaled air also contains a lot of other particles - dust, pollen, virus, cigarette smoke, etc. Very often, the body is allergic to one or more of these particles, and the bronchi are constantly irritated and inflamed due to their sustained exposure. This causes allergic bronchitis which is identified by symptoms like chronic coughing, difficulty breathing, hoarseness, nasal congestion.
Ayurveda believes that the human body has 3 doshas or bio elements - vata, pitta, and kapha. Any disease is believed to be due to one of these being affected. Allergic bronchitis is believed to be an issue with vata.
- The most effective treatment for bronchitis is believed to be a glass of milk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. This mixture is believed to be most effective when taken on an empty stomach and can be had 2 to 3 times a day.
- Equal portions of powders of dry ginger, long pepper, and black pepper can be mixed with honey to make a smooth paste. This can be had 2 to 3 times a day to see wonderful results.
- One-half teaspoon of licorice powder mixed in 1 cup of water can be boiled, cooled, and stored to be consumed through the day.
- A creeping plant known as somlata (Ephedra vulgaris) is found to be highly efficacious in relieving asthma. This grows in western Himalayas in abundance and is sent in hundreds of tonnes to western countries where ephedrine is prepared from it. The powder made from the whole plant, after drying in the shade and is given in the dosage of 100 to 250 milligrams, mixed with honey or water at the intervals of 8 to 4 hours.
- Kapha katari - Literally translates as phlegm cutter, this works immediately. The powder needs to be wrapped in betel leaf and chewed slowly. Continue with another 4 doses over the next 24 hours.
- Kanakasava - The extract of Datura is very effective in halting bronchitis but needs to be taken under medical supervision only. This is habit-forming and therefore, needs to be used cautiously.
In addition, follow these general considerations too:
- Avoid or minimize exposure to known allergens, cigarette smoke and pollution
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to help form a thin mucous
- Avoid dust in the bedroom, avoid feather pillows
- Regularly vacuum clean the house
- Do yoga, especially the breathing asanas which are very beneficial for bronchitis patients
Allergic bronchitis is a chronic condition, and acute attacks can be avoided by following some of the pointers mentioned above.