Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Enjoy an good sex life by taking care of your vagina in these 4 easy ways
As a woman, keeping your vagina clean and healthy is very crucial for enjoying a great sex life. When you keep your genitals squeaky clean and fresh, you promote the production of beneficial bacteria, thereby fending off infections, which can act as an obstruction in your sex life. Here are 4 ways a healthy vagina can take your sex life to the next level.
1. Shave your pubic hair to promote sensitivity
Short or no vaginal hair can lower the chances of odours and infections. Keeping your vagina hair-free is also known to increase the sensitivity of your genitals, making sex that much more pleasurable than before. Also, for many, shaved genitals have immense visual appeal, which can give rise to an intense arousal in your partner. What’s more, oral sex is greatly enhanced when you shave off pubic hair.
2. Try Kegel exercise to enjoy good orgasms
Kegel exercise is meant for strengthening your pelvic floor. Doing kegel regularly not only helps in keeping your pelvic organs in place, but also helps in toning your vaginal muscles, thereby heightening arousal considerably. Plus, they tighten your grip on the penis during intercourse, and give rise to more intense contractions during orgasm.
3. Use lubricants to make sex smooth and painless
The function of lubricants is not just to maintain a healthy pH balance in your vagina. They prevent the irritation of your labia and vagina, and make sex a very pleasurable activity. Lubricants are particularly helpful for women who experience vaginal dryness or face difficulties in penetration. Just keep in mind not to use petroleum jelly and other oil-based products as lubes as they can cause a rupture in latex condoms, consequently giving rise to infections.
4. Eat fruits to enhance pleasure
Foul odour can be a big dampener when it comes to oral sex. Usually the cause of bad vaginal odour is your diet and personal hygiene habits. Eating certain foods can prevent this from happening and can even in fact make your vagina smell sweeter. Be sure to include lots of fresh fruits such as mangoes, oranges, apples etc in your diet. Yoghurt and honey are good too. Avoid foods with strong smells such as onions, garlic and even alcohol as they give rise to bad odour.
Frequent washing and cleaning (twice a day at least) of your vagina with warm water and a gentle and unscented soap helps to remove sweat and grime, making your vagina smell and feel fresh and thus enhancing sexual pleasure for you and your partner.
It's my 21st day suffering from chicken pox. 99% of my scabs have fallen. I am a bit weak although. I was fine uptill morning but today afternoon the weather was cloudy and a cool breeze was blowing, I went to my balcony for not more than 5 mins and a few drops of tiny rain drops struck my head and body and since then I am feeling a bit uneasy, that is a bit drowsy, just a bit lazy kind of feeling. I don't have temperature and I am sweating as usual as well. Is it any serious matter? If yes then what should I do? And what all restrictions do I need to follow after chickenpox and for how long? Please fo help. (Footnote: My mother is suffering from chickenpox as well since 8 days)
There are few things more exhausting or more irritating than the four month long Indian summer. With soaring temperatures and the sun raging outside, mangoes and lychees don't seem like much of a silver lining.
So, here are 8 health hacks that will make your summer a little better:
- Replace soft drinks with water: When you are out on the streets or sweating at home, a sweet fizzy drink does seem tempting but try resisting and have a glass of sparkling water instead. The preservatives and chemicals in the soft drinks do nothing to help your metabolism, which is slowed down by dehydration. Add a bit of lemon juice if only water does not appeal to you.
- Try yoghurt instead of ice cream: The primary difference between the two is that one contains cream and the other does not. Yoghurt is lighter and has lesser fat content. Excess fat consumption during summer actually makes you sweat more.
- Use honey instead of butter: Butter like cream has a heavy fat content and your metabolism (which is slower in summer to retain water in the body) takes longer to break fat down. So, ditch butter this summer and spread some honey on your crunchy breakfast toast.
- Stock up on cucumber: Cucumber is an underrated blessing. You can munch on them anytime you like without worrying about calorie intake or stomach aches. Rubbing some cucumber on your skin can soothe sunburns and itches.
- Aloe Vera can work wonders: You must have heard about the boon that aloe vera is when it comes to skincare. It is the best solution to nasty sunburns, especially aloe vera gel frozen in small Ziploc bags, can heal burns and prevent skin peeling and chaffing.
- Lower the pH value of your skin: Application of citrus fruit juices like apples and lemons or vinegar can lower the pH value of our skin and prevent the multiplication of bacteria. This keeps both sweat and body odor away much more effectively than deodorants.
- Make small sacrifices in terms of diet: Some of your favorite things like coffee, alcohol, spicy food, sugar and cigarettes are best consumed minimally in summer because they all aggravate the functioning of the apocrine glands and cause sweat and body odor.
- Shower before you workout: One of the good things about summer might be that you have an excuse to skip work out. But, if you start with a cold shower or a swim, or keep a cold, wet towel round your neck, workout can be surprisingly refreshing. You can do the same after your workout, it lowers the body temperature and cooling the muscles can heal soreness very quickly.
Hi madam/sir mai pregnent thi two month ki aur ek din pesab karne par bleeding ho raha tha maine Dr. ko dikhaya unhone blood test karwaya fir unhone dawa diya uske teen din bad fir usg karwaya jisme wo bata rahi hai ki abhi bhi kuch tukre utress me hai so abortion karwana parega so pls advice me.
M having problems with breast as a man my chest is getting out over and it's irritating me can you please suggest me some medicine to solve this issue as soon as possible.
Hello doctor I had my periods last month on the second day I drank chilled beer and it stopped bleeding den on d 3rd day it bleed lightly n periods ended den within 5 days after periods I had intercourse n took I pill within 2 hrs of intercourse N now my period date has missed dat is 5. N my breasts are feeling tender with lumps inside m worried if pill hasn't worked please help me.
I had my last period cycle on 31 Jan. This month in feb it got skipped. I m a thyroid patient and also had a intercourse with my fiance in mid of Feb. However I have done pregnancy test through pregnancy kit and the result was negative. Is there anything to worry about, what should I do.
Is there any treatment for tightening vaginal walls because while having intercourse its very free so pleasure decreases.
Sir my wife got a problem. Wen she get monthly period time he get pain and six days heavy bleeding. Please tell me it is serious.
Hi I am 28 years old female. I want to know that is there any problem if my monthly period continues to flow 2 days instead of 3-4 days? Because before it continued for 4 days but suddenly last 2 months it reduced to two days. Please help me out and guide me whether I have to anything.
I and my girlfriend had sex on 14th but I have withdrawal my penis at the time of ejaculation and she did not get menstrual till now is this the accurate symptom of pregnancy? And she is saying that she had sensation that periods are coming but it does not came what to do? Is she is pregnant? If she is pregnant how to stop pregnancy? Urine pregnancy test has been done but result is negative. What to do to get periods?
Hi, Doctor I have a query regarding pregnancy. My cycle starts on 13th of every month and there is already 1 day over and still it does not happen. I am scared about my pregnancy. Is there a any way to avoid this situation as I am not ready for now. Thanks.
Hello ma'am I have my menstrual cycle irregular. I have taken a meprate10 tablet befr 10-15 days. An I got my periods today but I am facing abdominal pain. Please suggest me what should I do?
Am 6months pregnancy. Can you suggest me some healthy food items and what I have do for having a normal delivery.
Kindly suggest about my non-continuous bleeding with some abdominal pain after taking Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Unfortunately next day I miss to keep 2 tablets to keep in mouth for half an hour and had taken it with water and repeated the same on next day too. Brief information in this matter is due to no growth of fetus earlier, doctor successfully surgically abort it on 12 October and since than once I completed menstrual cycle and next time on being unintended pregnant, tried Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Kindly suggest. I don’t wish to visit doctor.
I am 20 years old now, and I got married in the age of 18. I am not getting pregnant from last 2 years. What can I do for getting pregnancy. please suggest. Thank you.
This soft disc can degenerate leading to a rupture of the disc and leakage of the jelly like material. This is one of the common causes of compression of the nerve the patient will suffer from significant pain in lower back that radiates down to the leg - sciatica