Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 17 weeks pregnant and have got chicken pox. How to take care of my unborn baby? What should I do for safe delivery of my child?
After first time sex h getting a lot of bleeding and pain continually. 5 days has gone but no relief in pain and bleeding please help me sir.
The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors:
While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 18th march. I took an I pill within 7hrs of sex. My period date is 23rd march but I started having bleeding on 20th march. Is it my regular period or withdrawal bleeding? Can I get an early period? Am I pregnant?
Hi, I am 33 years old female, my problem is I had my period on 3rd of october 2016 which last for 6 days and again on 23rd of october I again had my period and flow is also very heavy. I am suffering from dengue since 17th and my wbc are quite normal and platelets count are 86000. Can I know why my periods are in 10 days, earlier in last month they had to start on 26th of september but they where late 1 week and started on 3rd of october. What is the reason y they are so early in this month. I have not had sex also, is it a cause of dengue. Kindly help me.
Hi I'm sonam I got itching in vagina it's so painful while the process of urine. Is it for the heat or what. Suggest me from home made solutions.
My last period has comes on 30 may. On 30 june I have spotting and one clot. On 4th july I have sharp cramps and spot. On 6th july my hcg in urine get positive but scan seen nothing in uterus and nothing in tubes. On 7th july my hcg in blood comes 40. 44miu/ml. Again scan says nothing in anywhere. I have still spotting. My Dr. Says no ectopic pregnancy .and Dr. Gives me dacalin c tablet for seven days. She says no pregnancy do not worry. What can I do.
Fast Food, by and large, is detrimental to the health. Multiple studies have shown this in the past decade. It aggravates many diseases and is responsible for medical conditions such as obesity, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases and hypertension. Amidst multiple negative qualities, many fast foods are actually not that bad for the body. If taken in right proportions, some of the fast foods mentioned below can be extremely useful for the body.
- Popcorn: Apart from being one of the best accompaniments for movies, popcorns greatly helps in curbing hunger. Home-made popcorns have fewer calories and are a very good antioxidant. The good part about popcorn is the fact that it is not heavy as other fast foods and doesn’t make you feel lethargic. However, it should be ensured that more than one bowl of popcorn is not consumed at a time.
- Baked snacks: Baked snacks are a much-preferred choice in the snacks category these days. Owing to their low fat and carb content, they not only serve as tasty snacks but are good for the overall health as well. The fact that baked snacks are made up of whole wheat, makes it a more attractive offering. Baked snacks, when prepared with a dash of spice, can be a good alternative to other unhealthy snacks in the market.
- Processed Cheese: Processed cheese contains Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). The latter is found to have anti-carcinogenic properties. A recent study showed that the CLA found in processed cheese is much more than other dairy products. Processed cheese is also a good antioxidant. This being said, too much intake of processed cheese can be harmful to the body.
- Dark chocolate brownie: If dark chocolate is consumed with whole wheat brownie, it acts as a good ingredient for patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases. When consumed with a few nuts, dark chocolate brownie becomes a power house of fibre. People with a sweet tooth can find this preparation a good alternative for other fast food items such as chocolate, ice cream and pastries.
- Chocolate Bars: This is another treat for a person with a sweet tooth. Dark chocolate bars are rich in antioxidants. It brings down blood pressure level and is found to be effective for the heart. This should not be consumed more than 100 grams per day.
- Stout Beer: Dry stout beer with its rich creamy content is as good as a dose of aspirin. This form of liquor improves blood circulation level and reduces the risk of cardiac arrests. One pint of this beer every alternate day will serve the purpose of quenching your alcohol thrust while ensuring that no harm is caused to your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 29yrs married 1 nd 1/2 yrs ago. Still irregular periods continues even aftr consulting govt doctors.
We had a baby after segerion 3 months ago. Now she is feeling continuous weakness, backpain and the most important itching in vaginal area for more than one month. Doctors prescribed her many creams but these are not effective.
I am 30 years female, I am having irregular periods. I am not having thyroid problem, my scan report is normal. My weight is 62. Please send solution for this problem. I am having this problem from starting itself. When I take meprate only I got periods.
I am 23 years old girl and my left vocal cord is not moving from last 2 months, so I can not talk clearly. I am using steroids tablets even though there is no improvement.
I am 28 years old girl I have pcos problem for that I m taking treatment then also there is no follicle development after taking oral medication also.
Otherwise persons suffers with vatik disorders like muscle cramps, bodypains, dry skin etc.
Me and my girlfriend are planning to have sex. Both of us will be 20 when the intercourse is supposed to take place. She has normal menstrual cycle of avg. 31 days. We are planning to have sex on 25th may 2016. Her last period begun on 24th march. We don't have any problem to have sex during periods. We would use on condom definitely, but still there are somethings I want to know. 1. After what minimum time can we take a pregnancy test reliably? Because the Emergency Contraceptive pills will world best only within 3 days. And what can be done in case of positive pregnancy (Knowing the result ASAP). Does the situation become very critical or can it be resolved easily by Doctors, and what would be the cost of treatment in that case? 2. What are the chances of pregnancy during periods? 3. Can You tell me about oral contraceptive pills, their dosage and recommend an OCP.
Hello Doctor, I am trying to conceive and my last period came on 23 june but on 16th day (8 july) of my period again I am bleeding for two days, and after that my period is not come right now. Is it a sign on pregnancy or something else to concern.
Along with physical activity with weight bearing exercise is advisable for 15 to 30 minutes regularly of same time pattern