Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay JainYour feedback matters!
My grand father (70 years) have implanted tooth in his mouth which is fixed by 6 screws but now all the dentition and screws is removed because of loose fixing so should we go for cortical implant and is it going to affect the gums or it may get loose as earlier fitting due of loosen gums we want to go for permanent dentition so cortical implant is good or something else please suggest. And he had angioplasty stent in his coronary vessels 2-3 years back.
I am 40yr old man my last two teeth have half damaged for which I can not eat hard food please suggest me what can I do
I am 21 year male, i've sensitivity problem in my teeth! I can't even drink normal water! what should I do?
Is it possible to remove more yellowish marks on teeth due to fluorosis or not proper brushing? If yes, which treatment should I take?
Hello, my problem is after waking up i suffer from bad breath, even if i get a nap in the evening, what could be the reason? What should i do?
I accidentally bites my inner side of lower lips. After 2-3 days, it coverts into mouth ulcer. Mouth ulcer is der from last 4-5 days. What is treatment for it? What medication should I take for it? Is antibiotic like ofloxacin required for mouth ulcer?
I am suffering with yellow teeth since 10 years doctors told me that you have florosis we can't do any action to change colour to white am feeling sad is any solution for my problem?
I am getting too many problems in my everyday life. My teeth is getting yellow day by day. I tried different toothpastes and some medicine too. But nothing happens. Tell me what I will do now? Please help me!
All that a Mom should know about oral health care to maintain her baby’s set of Pearly Whites:
Right time to begin brushing baby’s teeth – as soon as the 1st tooth erupts.
- After feeding use a damp gauze or cloth gently wipe the mouth of any residue left behind.
- Use either an over finger brush or a soft bristled brush for infants to clean the teeth.
- Initially use a wet toothbrush and slowly move to kid’s toothpaste.
Choosing a toothpaste for kids –
- Now a days fluoridated toothpaste for kids in very small quantity i.e rice grain sized is recommended.
- Watermelon / bubblegum/ strawberry flavours can increase the kid’s interest towards brushing.
Brushing technique –
- Teach your kids to brush using a small circular motion. Brush twice daily. Make it a game or sing a song to encourage brushing.
- Toothbrushes are now available with music or lights or cartoon figures to make brushing more fun.
Tips to maintaine good oral hygiene –
- Apart from brushing it is important to cleanse the mouth in between the meals.
- Do not put infants to sleep with milk formula or juice as sugary liquids cling to teeth and cause decay.
- Avoid pacifiers as they change the shape of the mouth and cause improperly placed teeth.
- After giving medicine or eating sweet like chocolates, ice-cream encourage kids to wash mouth with water and clean with a damp cloth for infants.
- Get fluoride treatment done every 6 months from dentist for prevention of caries.
Milk teeth are very important -
- For maintaining the oral health.
- Also to determine the shape of mouth and alignment of permanent teeth.
Pyria is one of the cause of bad smelling. It may be due to irregular teeth placement in the oral cavity.
Visit you nearest orthodontist.
It is a dream of many people to have straight teeth, but unfortunately there are people those who find alternatives to correct their misaligned teeth. Orthodontic treatment is the only effective measure that can help people to have straight teeth. But, there are number of factors due to which people often refuse to undergo this treatment. The noticeable and bulky brackets are some factors to name. However, the modern dentistry has managed to introduce latest techniques and methods with the help of which misaligned teeth can be corrected without any ugly brackets. Once such option is called Invisalign-Invisible Braces and this option is for patients who are looking for discrete orthodontic option.
Invisalign system mainly shifts the teeth into its original position just like traditional braces move during the treatment period. But the only difference is that in this system there is no use of elastics, brackets or bands like traditional braces have. In this technique the dentists use a series of detachable transparent retainers that the patient needs to wear for few months after the treatment is over.
Invisalign braces are actually not braces, but it is a series of transparent aligners that move the teeth gradually like traditional braces. It is a custom made brace that is based on patient’s treatment plan and it will be changed after every two weeks. It is becoming ultimate solutions for all age groups. The primary advantage associated with Invisalign system is the periodontal health. Patients will not find any difficulty in taking care of their gum tissues and teeth as no braces and wires are used in the treatment process. So, it will become easier for patients to clean their gums and teeth with ease. Besides, patients can easily take out the braces, eat, brush, floss and put it back again without any hassle.
There are many patients who often refuse for orthodontic treatment because of the regular braces. These metal braces are not only ugly, but the patient experience discomfort during the procedure. So, if you are very much concern about your looks, then Invisalign would be the ultimate choice for you. Undoubtedly, teeth are the most crucial part of our appearance. So, when they are not the best, then it is the time to time to take preventive measures not only to make it look better, but also for peace of mind and health. So, when the time comes to use braces, then consider Invisalign braces in place of traditional ugly braces. We at Dr. Aman Ahuja, Multi Specialty Dental Clinic are eager to offer you assistance in terms of Invisalign system. We have helped many dental patients to get back their natural smile with Invisalign system. So, you would be the next one to have the natural smile with Invisalign!
I seriously suffering with a jaw pain on left side since last 10 days. It was pained when opening the mouth fully otherwise no pain. Help me.
What are the major causes of mouth ulcers and what precautions should be taken to avoid these mouth ulcers. Thanks.
suffering from mouth ulcer past 3 days. Pls suggest some medicine. I have tried home remedies by having plenty of water and applying honey on my sores.
I had a crown put on a broken tooth 10 days ago. I still have an ulcer and quite a bit of pain on the gum under the crown. The novacaine injection hurt terribly, like never before. Could there have been some damage that I still have pain. The office told me to keep gargling with salt water. But after 10 days, the ulcer from what I think was traumafrom the instruments is still here. Can this traumacause an abscess?
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.