Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajay Gupta
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have developed wisdom teeth upperjaws wisdom teeth are partially developed in lowerjaws teeth one is partially developed and another one is not developed on left side lower jaw even though it has space to grow. I have pain in one side only while chewing at the starting time of wisdom teeth development now I am not feeling any pain but not chewing on that side is it safe to have wisdom teeth? Some are saying you should remove teeth if you have wisdom teeth and I am also experiencing bad breath from many years and my teeth is yellow in colour what should I do to get rid of bad breath and how should I make my teeth white.
I am 25 years old male. I had teeth problem from last 3 years back. So I got treatment (Root canal) while I was in my hometown (bangalore) at one the famous private polyclinic. Few weeks ago again I visited Dentist and she suggested to make root canal again for same teeth.. Even I got treatment (root canal) at saudi ARABIA. My questions are 1. Dr. every couple of years once I should get root canal? 2. I here thatvtreatment of saudi Arabian hospital is not good and it will be make side effects on future! Is this true? 3. What type of bless and tooth paste I should use?
I have spot on my teeth it is not going so I think for scaling is it any harmful effect or side effect please help me.
I have an ulcer in the back side of my tongue. But wrongly I have used mometasone furoate cream usp in that tongue ulcer twice by that I have swallowed some ointment also. What will be the reaction.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.
I have undergone surgical extraction of my last tooth yesterday (22/01/2017) but half of my tung tongue is still partial numb. What could be the reason. I guess the effect of LA should be gone by now as it is more than 27 hours. Kindly advise.
Hii meri age 21 h mere teeth ander se yellow ho rakhe h kuchh aisa btaiyee jo vo bilkul saf ho jaye shinning krne lge bhr se bhi or ander se bhi plzzz.
I am 40 year old, I have met an accident before 18 months my front teeth were got hit, after that gone through route canal treatment twice but still feeling pain too much.
Stop eating sticky foods and cold drinks are enemy of tooth it soften your enamel
Floss your teeth thrice in a week and use soft bristles toothbrush
Go for scaling of teeth twice in a year it prevents bad smell, bleeding of gums, senstivity, heart disease" healthy mouth leads to healthy heart"
Regards. Take care stay healthy.