Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay GndhaYour feedback matters!
I have stomach pain and I had vomited for several times. What should I do now? how can I understand if I got breast cancer or not? I want solution.
My 4 month old baby has multiple mosquito bites on his face which have become red & inflamed. Can Soframycin be used as a remedy? If not, pls suggest any other treatment. Also please suggest some preventive anti-mosquito lotion that is safe for babies.
Hi doctors, I'm a type 1 diabetic patient from past 13 years, I'm under weight and very skinny my sugar levels r always high reason his I eat what ever I get and working in night shift due to this I skip my meal some time my insulin now a week before admitted in hospital my ketone report was positive and my Grbs was 400, now ketone is negative and my sugar level is under control. I'm taking human mixture 27 units in morning 6 units of actrapid in noon and 24 units in night. My concern is I want to gain weight and done what to eat to gain weight. please help me,
I'm 20 years old! I'm not able to sleep at nights! Though I take sleeping pills! So can I have a solution for this?
While injuries of any form can be painful, burn injuries are one of the worst to suffer from. While cuts and bruises can be temporarily assuaged with a proper dressing, burns are quite different in this regard. With burns, the damaged tissues will stay on the body and may cause continuous pain. Thus, burn injuries are difficult to treat and they require different strategies for pain management as well.
Treatment methods available for treating pain arising due to burn injuries
- Apply an anesthetic cream or aloevera gel to soothe the burnt skin. Avoid exposing the skin to air as that will cause painful sensations.
- Loose gauze or antibiotic ointment must be used to protect the influenced area.
- Soak the burnt area wound in cold water for about five minutes or more.
- If the burn escalates or affects a widespread area, seek medical attention immediately.
Pain management factors for burn injuries:
- Relaxation: During the phase of recovery, burn injuries put immense stress on your body and continue for a long period. Muscle tension is caused by stress that increases pain. Some relaxation techniques are proven to be beneficial to reduce the stress on body.
- Coping with your pain: Different people have different ways to cope with physical discomfort. Look out for situational aspects which are currently under your control and take it positively. The ‘what ifs’ or wishing that the burn didn’t occur in the first place will not help with your current situation. You should focus on things what you can control like self-rehabilitation, doing your daily exercises, physical therapy treatment or following a doctor’s suggestion of pain management strategies. This will help you cope with your pain to a greater extent.
- Sleep medications: If your normal sleep routine is hampered, consult your physician for safe sleep medications. Proper sleep is very important for the healing process and even more so in the case of burn related injuries.
- Antidepressants: Some people may not be suffering from depression, but they might still need antidepressants for relief and sound sleep. A health care provider might prescribe antidepressants as a way to deal with acute pain from burn injuries.
- Increase the pace of your activities: If you want to rebuild your health and stamina and get back in form soon, focus on the regular physical and mental activities. Exercise regularly, but don’t push yourself too much. Increase your physical activities gradually over time. Unless and until you are fully comfortable, don’t strain yourself too much. Occupational and physical therapists can help you with an appropriate activity program. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor, I am 20. Year old boy and I have cough and throat infection last two days. what should I do? please tell me.
Hello doctor, I use to Sweat a lot on my face it is too bad my whole shirt use to get wet after little work done how to treat this please help.
Sir i'm now 23 years old. I have tonsil since last 13 years. Some times when the atmosphere is cold and with this if i'm take any cold things then the next day the tonsil gives me pain. Once I consult one doctor. He suggest me to do the operation. Is the operation is advisable or not. And what I am do for this please suggest.
Is psychosis medicines are responsible for SINUSITIS? Because I am taking these medicines since 21 months.
I have a blocked nose every morning and sneeze vigorously 3-4 times, but by midday my nose gets fine, has been happening for a year since I moved to Kerala from Faridabad, Haryana?
While having sex am getting leaked very fast with in 3 to 4 min is dis any problem regarding my diabetes.
I had problem of extreme shivering, when I get between little bit panic I start to shivering more than normal, I can not breath properly that time.
Asthma is a chronic lung condition wherein the air passage gets blocked or constricted due to the production of extra mucus. It is an age old condition which has been creating problems for people since a long time. Despite the seriousness of the condition, there are various myths people tend to believe about asthma.
Here are a few myths about asthma and the usage of inhalers:
- Regular Usage of Inhalers is Addictive: This is a total myth. Using inhalers is not at all addictive, it is a necessity. Just because you use your inhaler regularly does not mean you are addicted to it. Just like brushing your teeth every day isn't an addiction, taking your daily medicine from an inhaler isn't an addiction as well. Using an inhaler will just help you with your asthma condition.
- Oral Medicine Gets Better Results than Inhalers: Absolutely not. In fact, it is proven that inhalers give better results than oral medications. Oral medication takes longer to act during a sudden asthma attack while inhalers deliver the drug directly to the lungs.
- Inhalers Are Meant For Severe Asthma Cases: Well, this again is not true. Inhalers are used for treating asthma. Period. Asthma is a condition where your lungs inflame which is best cured with steroids, and the easiest way to have steroids administered to you is through the inhalation method. When you use the inhalers, the steroids are delivered directly to your lungs. They also have a minimum number of side effects when administered through inhalers.
- Asthma is Curable: You might tend to think that asthma can be cured with the help of proper medications. You might think that asthma is not a constant condition. But it is not what you think. The symptoms of asthma might not be present all the time but that doesn't mean you do not have asthma. Asthma is a long-term condition where the airways swell up causing you to suffer from breathlessness. If you suddenly stop taking your daily medicines because the symptoms have not surfaced, then it will take you a long time before you will be able to totally recover from the next attack you suffer from.
If you have asthma, remember to take your medicines daily and timely.