Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay AroraYour feedback matters!
People between the ages of 16 and 19 should have their wisdom teeth evaluated. If they need to be removed, it should be considered before age 20 when generally fewer complications occur. At a younger age, tooth roots are not fully developed, the surrounding bone is softer, and there is less chance of damaging nearby nerves or other structures. There is also less surgical risk and healing is generally faster.
Extractions of wisdom teeth may be performed by a general dentist. If your dentist anticipates any special care will be needed, he or she may refer you to an oral or maxillofacial surgeon. An oral or maxillofacial surgeon is a dentist who specializes in surgery and the removal of wisdom teeth.
My teeth is getting very yellowish from one month. Can you tell me the reason why I am getting this?
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.
I have bad breath in my mouth and I am brushing my teeth continuous twice in a day after meal but I don't know why it happens what to do?
I have a rct 2 years back. And now my one end teeth is also coming. I have a regular head ache form one week. Is it due to the teeth or some other problem?
My skin inside the mouth has become very soft after having rct and a cap on one of the teeth what may be the cause white patches type what is the cause and what type of treatment is recommended please mention the name of the. Problem. Is this is serious one or may be cured treatment is expensive or affordable please answer. Thanks.
Can I use backing soda and lemon to remove my teeth tartar nd plaque, is thr any side effect please help me Dr.
Are you experiencing toothache that continues for several days after having a tooth pulled out? Does the pain keep on worsening, and continue over several days? These symptoms is a clear symptoms that you are might imply that you are suffering from a condition known as dry socket or alveolar osteitis. The socket refers to the hole in the bone from where a tooth has been pulled out. A blood clot gets formed in the socket for the protection of the underlying bones and nerves. Sometimes, the clot might dissolve some days after the extraction, which leaves the underlying bone and nerve exposed to anything that enters the mouth, such as air, food and water, etc. This may cause an infection accompanied by severe pain.
Causes: Several people are more prone to getting a dry socket after having a tooth removed. This includes people who smoke a lot, have a poor sense of oral hygiene and people who get their wisdom tooth pulled. People using birth control pills and the ones who face unusual trauma during tooth extraction are also likely to get dry socket.
Symptoms: The site from where the tooth has been removed will have a dry opening with a dark blood clot present in it. In case there is no blood clot and only whitish bone in the area, dry socket is indicated. Bad breath and foul mouth odor are observed.
Treatment: Several over the counter, nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory medicines or NSAIDS are prescribed for easing the pain, and discomfort caused because of dry socket. These medicines are not sufficient at times and stronger medicines have to be taken. Sometimes the affected area is anesthetized.
Your dentist will clean the socket and remove any kind of debris from the socket hole. The socket will then be filled with a medicated dressing for healing. A special paste may be used as well. You need to visit the dentist frequently for changing the dressing. This must be continued until your pain goes away, and the sockets are healed. Several antibiotic medicines may be prescribed in order to prevent infection in the socket. You must rinse with salt water or with a special mouthwash regularly for fast and effective recovery.
You should strictly avoid cigarettes and other tobacco products after the treatment of dry socket as tobacco is a strong risk factor. Any habit or practice which might hamper blood clotting should be avoided. If you take birth control pills, always have a tooth removed on the day when you receive the lowest dose of estrogen as estrogen hampers blood clotting. Your dentist plays a very important role in treating dry socket, therefore regular visits to the doctor are a must and you should visit him regularly.