Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AishaYour feedback matters!
My period is 15 days late. I'm discharging a white fluid it's non smelly. I took a home pregnancy test 5 day ago it was negative. What should I do? Earlier this same situation happened 6 months ago. I took homeopathic medicine and my period started after 65 days. Please help me what should I do.
Sir kya periods me sex kiya ja sakta he kya .or agar kiya ja sakta he tho kya condom use karna compulsory he. Kya period me sex ke time pain jyada hota he.
I am 28 years female and I have pcos problem so that I am not getting pregnant please give me some advise how can I conceive.
My son is passing urine since yesterday 04 pm very often, please Let me know what may be the problem ?
I had sex on 5th of October. He just inserted for 2 minutes as we realized that we were not doing it safely so he take it outside and after doing hand job he ejaculated outside. My estimated periods date was on 10th of October but they missed and till now they have not came. So for confirmation I had Beta HCG test today and report comes to be 0.345miU/ml. So am I pregnant or not?
My friend had an unprotected sex, but after that, she got menstrual flow on normal date of the month, but the flow happened only for two days (her normal is- 3 days flow, this month her flow has not yet happened, she is late by 2-3 days and still no menses, please suggest what to do? She is worried. Also she took i-pill after that unprotected intercourse.
We are married since dec'2015. We have started our marital life with proper protection using condom for 6 months, after that we have decided for baby, but with several attempts my wife is failed to conceive. Please suggest. May I do intercourse during her periods for ve result.
Bones are quite literally the support system of the body, so it's super important to keep them strong and healthy. Strength is not a goal you achieve in a day, week or month. It is a way more rigorous process that has to go on for years. The growing age of your life matters the most; it is at this point that you can make your bones strong. Bone strength should also be maintained in certain ways. Child or adult, you must aim for both mental and physical strength.
Here are some tips to make deposits in your bone bank for a healthier future:
- Know your family history: As with many medical conditions, family history is a key indicator of bone health. Those with a parent or sibling who has or had osteoporosis are more likely to develop it. So, how's your bone density, grandma? might seem like an awkward question at thanksgiving dinner, but ask anyway before she passes the gravy.
- Boost calcium consumption: When most people think bones, they think calcium. This mineral is essential for the proper development of teeth and bones. But calcium isn't the end-all, be-all bone loss cure. The key might be to help the body absorb calcium by pairing calcium-rich foods with those high in vitamin d. Foods that are good sources of calcium include yogurt, cheese, milk, spinach and collard greens.
- Don't forget the vitamin d: where there's calcium, there must be vitamin d: the two works together to help the body absorb bone-boosting calcium. Boost vitamin d consumption by munching on shrimp, fortified foods like cereal and orange juice, sardines, eggs (in the yolks) and tuna, or opt for a vitamin d supplement. The body also produces vitamin d when exposed to the sun - 10 to 15 minutes of exposure three times per week will do. Vitamin d's importance to bone health has been proven in studies on seasonal bone loss - elderly people can lose more bone mass during the winter because of lack of sun exposure.
- Make exercise a priority: Seriously regular exercise is to keep a number of health issues at bay, and bone health is no exception. In fact, living a sedentary lifestyle is considered a risk factor for osteoporosis. What type of exercise is most effective? weight-bearing exercises like running, walking, jumping rope, skiing and stair climbing keep bones strongest.
- Consume less caffeine: Caffeine does have some health benefits, but unfortunately not for our bones. Too much of it can interfere with the body's ability to absorb calcium. Drinking more than two cups of coffee per day accelerated bone loss in subjects who also didn't consume enough calcium. Also more than 18 ounces of coffee per day can accelerate bone loss by negatively interacting with vitamin d. So enjoy the java, but keep it in moderation and consume enough calcium, too.
- Quit smoking: Here's yet another reason to lose the cigarettes: multiple studies have shown that smoking can prevent the body from efficiently absorbing calcium, decreasing bone mass.
Can pregnancy be abort with 7 weeks of intimation. Can we use the pills for abortion or operation is the only choice. Please reply.
During sex with my husband . I had abdominal pain. We do daily 1 day 1 time then the 2nd time I have pain so I stopped. He get disappointed . What can I do for this. Any problem occur in abdomen .
Hi. .I had an surgical abortion on 25th of July. My bleeding hvnt been stopped. On 1st of Sept. .I had a checkup with d doctor n she said. She doesn't find any reason 4 bleeding. It may b because of breastfeeding my child which is of 1 and half yr. and she recommended DEVIRY 10 mg tablet to continue 4 20 30 days. But there is no control over d periods by dis tablet .I'm really worried. .wt shall I do.
Cultures all across the world have their typical ways of dealing with sexuality and while all cultures bring something good, they also have their bad quirks as well. While India gave the world Kama Sutra, it also perpetuates sexual conditions such as the Dhat syndrome due to certain long held beliefs. These cause many problems among men and women and in the context of modern medicine, should be treated as a psychological problem.
What is Dhat Syndrome?
Dhat syndrome is the fear that a man is losing his semen without any control over it. Men afflicted by Dhat syndrome often complain that they are losing semen involuntarily, and thus feeling fatigued all the time. Some of the other complaints and symptoms associated with Dhat syndrome can be categorized as follows:
- Suffering from premature ejaculation
- Impotence or erectile dysfunction bought on by a psychological fear of losing semen
- Fear that the person is losing semen through urine
- Person feels guilty or embarrassed about masturbation or sex
- Has anxiety disorders which can affect daily functioning
The causes for Dhat Syndrome:
This is a psychological issue caused primarily by social taboos and deeply ingrained beliefs which stem from religious doctrine or social stigma. For example, semen is considered to be a vital fluid and an integral part of life force. The belief is formed from an old Hindu spiritual belief that semen is very hard for the body to produce. This is ingrained into some boys who then feel guilty at accidental discharges such as nightfall or ejaculation through masturbation.
Diagnosis by Doctors:
Most doctors classify this as a psychological disorder as there are many other forms with slight variations of this present in many other cultures. Some examples of these are:
- Jiryan primarily in South East Asia
- Shen-k'uei in China
- Prameha in Srilanka
This is also commonly known as semen loss anxiety and is seen in certain western cultures too. The notion that holding onto semen is valuable for a man's vitality is not only a wrong notion but it stops the men from having a normal sex life. Even masturbation can make them feel guilty.
The only treatment options that are effective against this condition are cognitive behavioral therapies which use psychological intervention along with social exercises. This and being informed about your body from proper medical sources will help you release the inhibitions and lead a normal sex life.
Hi, I am 22 Weeks pregnant and I came to know my TSH recently as: TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3) C.L.I.A ng/dl 60-200 125 TOTAL THYROXINE (T4) C.L.I.A µg/dl 4.5-12 9.3 THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) C.L.I.A µIU/ml 0.3-5.5 Have not taken any medications yet and wanted to know if this would have had any affect on baby.
Being a good parent is a rich and rewarding experience. However, it is not an easy task. It takes a lifetime to feel that one has been a good parent. If you follow a few rules and tips, you can move closer to being one. On one hand, there is a need to pamper your kids, and on the other, there is a need to instill fear and not cross certain boundaries. How to seek balance here? The idea is to instill good values like honesty, kindness, and empathy and at the same time prevent anxiety, depression, mood disorders, and substance abuse.
Read on to know what the experts have to about parenting, keeping in mind the current changes in lifestyle trends.
- Communicate and lead by example: While there are things that a parent tells a child, what is taught through action is far more important. So, if you want a message driven to your child, it is more important to do it, than just talk about it. This will help your kid to do the same the next time he is in trouble and seeks advice on something.
- Pamper within limits: With most parents moving to one child per family, it's a common sight to see parents pampering their children without limits and saying yes to their every want. However, there should be a limit, and the child should know what cannot be provided and what cannot be demanded.
- Replacing time with things: Another change that is sweeping our society is the lack of time among parents. And a big mistake that parents do is to provide things to children where they cannot make time. This is a big mistake, which the child can learn to abuse and demand things not required for him or beyond him.
- Create a balance: A parent should be clear when the child can expect lenience and strictness. This is very essential, else the child will expect lenience for everything. Being sweet all the time isn't the wise thing to do. On the other hand, being strict for everything is not required either. The thing is to let the child know what acts will make you feel happy and which ones will annoy you, so he or she can act accordingly. The child should be clear of both these aspects of the parents.
- Punish when required: It does require a hard heart to do it, but trivial punishments when required should be enforced. It is not the punishment, but the idea that the child can be punished if required. This will encourage your kid to do what's right, and always follow that.
- Be his friend: Different stages of a child’s growth requires different levels of control and empathy. The values that need to be instilled also would be different. A three-year-old should be dealt with differently from a teenager from an adolescent. Grow with them and enjoy the parenting phase. And most importantly, be his or her friend. So that your child always knows whom to rely on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I am 27 female. I have irregular periods usually and they said I hav polycystic ovaries issue. Many doc said prob wl b over once am married. I got married 2 months bak and am preg now. My husband wants me to abort. Need help. Since I hav polycystic ovary issue s it wise t abort my first baby? Am not interested wid abortion. Need suggestions.
Good Evening My Wife delivered past 2 years ago. Now we are trying to conceive another baby. LMP: 10/07/2017. Ovulation period started 11 the day of menstrual date and ending date might be 21st. Next 21st to 28 days - I need sex instructions? In Ovulation period - We tried Hard sex (Participated Hard strokes) And 21st to 28 days - if I continues with same sex it will effect anything? Anywhere? Can you please give me a solution for me (Before Sex and After Sex)
Hello, I am 29 years old & my wife is 26 years, my wife met with a mis carriage for the first time, within 1 and half month after conceiving, its of 7 weeks, what is the possible reasons for it? and what are the future preventive measures we have to take before conceiving.
Hi I just wanted to know when I am doing sex with my hubby my vagina is always scratched and my hubby pennis also so why it would be happened and what should I do? But this is happened from last 4 month before 4 month everything were normal.
I took I pill but still pregnancy happened now I want to continue with my pregnancy but I am scared as does I pill cause any heath issues to my child.
Pistachio is one of the most delicious nuts. This wonder-nut comes loaded with many vital nutrients leading to these numerous benefits.
Get into habit of eating pistachio for following reasons –
1. Controls Cholesterol: Pistachio as a snack helps in lowering cholesterol and keeps heart healthy. It brings flexibility to arteries and prevents development of blood clots.
2. Manages Weight: Intake of pistachio controls weight as it has good amount of fiber content. This leads to low levels of triglycerides and proportionate body mass indexes. They may add to your calorie intake, so eat limited portions.
3. Provides Wholesome Health: Pistachios are packed with wide range of nutrients like carbohydrates, fats, proteins, dietary fiber, potassium, phosphorus, thiamine, beta-carotene, calcium, lutein, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, vitamin C, E, K & A, niacin, riboflavin and folate.
4. Reduces Hypertension: For zero sodium content, pistachio has soothing effect on those who suffer from hypertension.
5. Slows Down Ageing: Pistachios carry good amount of antioxidants like zeaxanthin and lutein that help in slowing ageing process. Add pistachio to your veggies and they would add suppleness to your youth.
6. Keeps Skin Shining: Eat pistachio to keep skin young and shining. Their saturated fat content brings sheen to skin.
7. Enhances Sexual Vitality: Pistachio is an effective aphrodisiac that improves sexual performance. Its regular intake increases blood circulation in genitals and enhances vitality.
8. Prevents Cancerous Growth: Not just pistachio but also their shell layers are rich in antioxidants that neutralize the harmful effect of free radicals, known to cause cancerous growth.
9. Controls Diabetes: Antioxidant content of pistachio helps in controlling diabetes by preventing the process called glycation.
10. Combats Anemia: Presence of copper in pistachio allows for better absorption of iron contents that helps in combating anemia.
11. Makes for Healthy Cooking: Pistachio oil is indeed one of the healthiest cooking mediums. This aromatic oil makes food healthy and full of all its goodness and wholesomeness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.