Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AishaYour feedback matters!
Curd and buttermilk are both milk based products, have the same composition, and more or less the same nutrients, yet there remains a persistent question as to which out of the two is better?
Does adding water to the contents of the curd, to turn it into buttermilk, really affect the properties of curd?
The answer is yes.
Read on to find out, how.
The basic difference between curd and buttermilk is the process of dilution by the addition of water. The more water you put in curd, the less concentrated the buttermilk becomes. According to Ayurveda, the churning (Manthana) of the curd into buttermilk, gives it additional properties. Churning induces the proteins in the buttermilk to be easily digested due to their degraded structure.
Here are a few pointers that could help you choose which out of the two suits your needs more:
- Calorie content - If you are looking to reduce your weight and prefer a controlled diet, you should opt for buttermilk. 100 grams of buttermilk contains 40 calories, whereas 100 grams of curd contains close to 98 calories. So, for undernourished children or people looking forward to gain weight, curd should be opted because it is nutrient dense.
- Nutrient content - Buttermilk is rich in calcium, vitamin B12, zinc, iboflavin and proteins. It helps in keeping your bones healthy, lowering the level of bad cholesterol, preventing cancer, battling stress and anemia due to the presence of these nutrients. On the other hand, curd contains calcium, phosphorus, vitamins B12, B5, B2, potassium, proteins, and molybdenum. These nutrients prove to be beneficial in preventing chances of hypertension and heart diseases, promoting teeth and bone health and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Fluid content - Buttermilk has significant fluid content, so it can be consumed in extremely hot weather conditions to curb dehydration and as a replacement to other fluids. On the contrary, curd has limited fluid content, which makes it suitable for consumption by people who have been instructed to adhere to a fluid restricted diet, but require an intake of good quality proteins.
- Probiotics content - Both curd and buttermilk are rich in probiotics or good bacteria, which help in strengthening your immune system and increase longevity.
Remember make either of the two a part of your regular diet!
I am 21 years old, and I am pcos border line. I have tried walking, running, yoga and gyming also but still my weight is only increasing. What should I do and eat at the same time!
My wife is 32yrs and has irregular mansions, she has pcod. Not able to conceive from last 5yrs now. Kindly advice.
My aunt is going for a uterus removal surgery she is a working women for how much time does she have to rest before going back to work.
Since last July, i've discovered two lumps in my breasts, one in because i'm only 20 years old, i'm trying to conceive myself that it is just some harmless stuff since i'm kind of, these last months, it started hurting just before my period begins and they grow larger, what should i do ? please help
I am 20 years old boy and I had unprotected sex with my gf before 20 days and she does not took any pills or anything to stop unwanted pregnancy. And now her periods have been late to 15-20 days. And still not having periods. She is 18 yrs old. And now she is too much scared of getting pregnant. What are the symptoms to know whether she is pregnant and what should we do to stop getting pregnant. Please help mee. Yours faithfully.
Mens hone k kitne din tak pregnant ho sakti hai? Aur pregnant nahi hone k liya kya khana chahiye. Palita, pineapple khane se pregnant nahi jota hai kya?
I Want to know when can pregnancy be achieved easily. Tried 2 times but found no result.Please tell.
If you have missed your period for two months then you have unprotected sex and eat emergency contraception after 7 hours then 6 days later bleed for 8 days like normal period. What are your chances of becoming pregnant?
Hi I am married. shadi ko 1 n 1/2 year ho gye. I want a baby but my husband never discharge inside he always discharge outside what to do.
My last period date is 9/11/2016 .and end on 14/11/2016. And I had done sex on 19/11/2016. And take I pill in 3 hour after sex. And now its 28/nov/2015 and periods still not come? What happen is that?
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?
Sex just after periods without condom . Can create pregnancy? If the semen is released outside her body.
What is the permanent solution to melasma and hoe long does it take to cure I developed melasma during pregnancy and I am hypo thyroid too.
Hi Doctor, Me and my wife had a condom break while intercourse and she immediately took a Postpone - 72 (1.5 mg) within 2 hours of the act. Its been 6 days now and she felt bad back ache, nausea and headache. 1. Is the drug causing this as a side effect after 6 days. 2. She is on anti epilepsy pills like levipil, will this affect the functioning of the Contraceptive and hence she is pregnant now? 3. What is the sure symptom of pregnancy and when to do a pregnancy test.
1. Balances cholesterol levels
2. Anti-cancer properties
3. Increase immunity
4. Prevents coronary heart diseases
5. Improves red blood cell count
6. Anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidant properties.
More tips like this and information about various diseases can be taken by searching for ssohm on internet.
Thanda thanda cool cool earthen pots (matka)
For generations, earthen pots or matkas have been used to store water and keep it cool.
Its made by the combination of two types of mud clay 1st is taken from surface of earth and 2nd after digging more than 10 feet deeper in earth.
Earthen pot not only makes the water chilled during summer but also provides healing elements of earth. More importantly the earthen pot transfers the coolness to the water according to the climatic conditions; which is the special quality of earthen pot that no other container has. The chilled water of earthen pots during summer has no other replacement in quenching the thirst and satisfaction of drinking water.
So go ahead stock on those lovely earthen pots.