Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ahmad SajjadYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 25 years male, my skin is getting dull and even having pimple sort of things on face with itching, I have used aloe vigra gel for a month after that the problem has started , please help me out to get my back healthy and fair skin tone .
How to I remove sun tan? I see black patches on forehead and looks like the skin cells are dead. Please suggest.
I have very dark skin n I want to be fair is this possible or not if its possible then please suggest how can i.
I have dark circles under my eyes even though I sleep for good hours. What is the reason and how to remove them.
My age is 30 year old .I have blemishes and dark spot on my face .my skin look very yellowish and dull also .pls suggests me any medicine for recover my problem.
Sir, I have been suffering with the rashes and rings in the pubic region. So which ointment should I apply?
Hello sir/mam.My eyes are becoming dul and dark circles are increasing day by day ,so should i do suggest me.I am using Spex
Hi sir/mam, I have large pores in my face, how to remove these pores, can you suggest? Pls help me. Tell is there any home remedies.
I am 63 years male. For the last 5 years or so I am suffering from Lichen Amyloidosis. Is there any cure? have I to live with this ugly skin rest of my life. How can I prevent it from spreading throughout. Kindly advise. Regards. V V BHUSHAN.
I have pimples on my face nd my skin is turning like an old aged men skin nd tanning too whats should I do for these. Plzz suggest me.
My face is full of dark spots due to a skin deasis from which I suffered in my childhood the spots are very dark and all over the face I tried many home remedies and creams also but there is no improvement the spots are not removing right I can't went to a doctor so I want a suggestion so that at least the spots become lighter because it is ruining my whole look.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.