Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aggarwal Jayashree
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aggarwal JayashreeYour feedback matters!
How much alcohol can you safely drink every day? Moderate, say the experts. Alcohol abuse has serious health downsizes, but moderate drinking can actually be good for your heart. Moderate alcohol use has a few other health benefits too. Let’s see what these are.
- Reduces risk of developing and dying from heart disease
- Reduces your risk of ischemic stroke during which the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing reduction of blood flow to your brain
- Reduces your risk of diabetes
The link between alcohol and health is tenuous at best and the health benefits of moderate drinking are by no means certain. Also every one may not benefit from alcohol. Moderate alcohol use - Guidelines
One drink a day is considered moderate for healthy women of any age and men older than 65, and up to two drinks a day for men younger than 65. This alcoholic drink can be:
- Beer: 12 ounces
- Wine: 5 ounces
- Distilled spirits : 1.5 ounces
Moderate alcohol use can be counter-productive for you, if you have risk factors for heart disease. It’s always better to take care to lead a healthy lifestyle and eat a heart-healthy diet to reduce your heart attack risks.
Risks of heavy alcohol use
We know about the definition of moderate drinking, but what’s heavy drinking? It is defined as more than three drinks a day for women and men older than 65 (or more than seven drinks a week), and more than four drinks a day for men less than 65 (or more than 14 drinks a week).
- Cancer, including breast cancer and cancers of the mouth, throat and esophagus
- Pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas
- Sudden death due to pre-existing cardiovascular disease
- Alcoholic myopathy or damage to heart muscle, which causes heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Brain damage in fetuses
It’s best to ditch alcohol altogether. It is the healthiest thing you could ever do. The guidelines make it very clear that you shouldn’t start drinking alcohol, albeit moderately, to make your heart healthy. The best way to have a healthy heart is to eat and exercise right. However, if you are an occasional drinker, you could make sure that your alcohol intake is within limits and you drink moderately at all times so that you don’t attract any health penalties associated with heavy alcohol use. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
It is very vital to prevent the onset of disease, before it can turn your life upside down. One of the most popular forms of alternative medicine, Unani stresses on the importance of prevention of diseases. Here are the six essential prerequisites that have been laid down by the Unani system for promotion of good health and overall well-being:
- Air: Good and clean air is vital in order to maintain good health. Today, many people are affected with several diseases due to excessive levels of pollution in our environment. A famous Arab physician named Avicenna once stated that a change in environment relieves the patients of many diseases. Unani medicine emphasizes the need for open and airy houses with a proper system of ventilation to keep diseases at bay.
- Food and drinks: You are what you eat and drink. So, make healthy choices in your diet to stay disease-free. The Unani system recommends intake of freshly prepared food, free from putrefaction. It specializes in prescribing diets according to the health condition of the individual.
- Bodily movement and repose: Physical movement and staying active is also very important to maintain good health. Unani medicine continuously stresses on the importance of exercise that helps the growth of muscles, increases blood supply, and maintains proper functioning of the excretory system.
- Psychic movement and repose: The Unani system has extensively documented the impact of psychological factors on our well-being. Happiness, sorrow, anger and stress play a key role in the treatment and prevention of disease. In fact, there is a separate branch of psychological treatment in Unani medicine that helps to deal with it.
- Sleep and wakefulness: Sleep provides rest, both physically and mentally. Lack of it can cause fatigue, digestive disturbances and mental weakness. A normal sleep time and active time of wakefulness are advocated for good health.
- Evacuation and retention: The waste products of the body must be properly excreted and all the essential nutrients should be retained in the blood flow. Without proper functioning of the excretory system, toxins build up in the body, leading to sickness and disease.
These essential prerequisites, referred to as Asbab-e-Sitta Zarooriya, are given utmost importance in Unani medicine. This system employs these basic principles in their therapy, which constitutes of the following:
- Diet therapy – Regulation of quantity or quality of food
- Regimental therapy – Takes care of evacuation of waste material from the body using various means
- Pharmacotherapy – Use of natural drugs and combinations in their formulations with minimal side effects
I have excessive bleeding in my mensuration and feel weakness alot kindly suggest some thing to get rid of weakness and pain.
I'm 24 years old I'm single. I'm having PCOD. I'm taking tablet myocyst and my weight is 40 kg. Day by day I'm getting loss of weight also kindly tell me what I want to do? Facial hair also appearing.
I have taken tiffa scan at 18-19 weeks of my pregnancy, in the scan report mentioned Stomach Bubble is collapsed even after waiting for 1 to 2 hrs and suggested follow up tiffa scan after 15 days. Please explain me what is Stomach Bubble and if it is not visible after wards what type of problem s occur to baby.
First, let's see why our skin tends to become rough, dry, and irritated during certain seasons and with age. According to ayurveda, it happens due to the accumulation of vata in the body. Vata predominates in the fall and early winter, and in people over the age of 50. When there is excess vata, we are prone to dry skin, cracking joints, thinning dry hair, and brittle nails. Vata can also show up in the body earlier if you're really stressed, have a vata disturbing diet or live in a vata inducing climate (cold and dry). The secret to staying young is keeping vata at bay.
Here are some ayurvedic tips that will slow down vata accumulation in the body and will help you stay young and keep your skin:
1. Don't skip the veggies -
Stick to high-water content vegetables that are easier to digest, such as lettuce, carrot, cucumber, daikon radish (which is revered by ayurvedic healers for its purifying properties), fennel, and tender asparagus tips. These vegetables are tridoshic: they are good for all types of skin. Combine at least 3 and enjoy with a simple olive oil-lemon juice dressing.
2. Eat like a bird -
Both traditional and ayurvedic medicine agree that adding seeds and nuts into your diet will improve the condition of your skin. Vata is drying by nature so all foods that have natural healthy fats in them will prevent this imbalance. Nuts and seeds are a perfect food -- they contain omega-3s, healthy fats, and fiber to help a weakened vata digestion. My favorite snack is goraw sunflower flax snax. You can also try adding almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and other nuts to your oatmeal (or having them as your afternoon snack, when vata naturally predominates).