Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aftab
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AftabYour feedback matters!
Sir/ Madam my daughter is about to complete 6 Month. What are the food chart recommended for her? Cerelac or baby Horlicks which one is preferable? What should be the frequency/ratio between formula milk and breast milk?
My baby is 2.5 month old. I got vaccination done today. Nurse gave injection only on legs. Dint give injection for hand. Please do suggest. I'm not getting which vaccination she has missed.
My baby is one old. But I am not getting enough milk and he is crying n is always hungry. When given bottle milk he is satisfied n sleeps for at least 2 hours on a stretch. Please suggest what to do to increase milk.
My two month old daughter is suffering from constipation. She is feeding well and passing urine properly, but due to not passing motion, she cries whole night.
My 3 & half year old daughter is a healthy child but she has motions cleared at an interval of 2 -3 days. This has been going on from a month now. Is that normal? or I need to give her any medicine for regular motions. Please suggest.
My new born baby girl for 4 months running is getting fever since morning. She is around 5 kg of weight. I have Paracetamol paediatric oral suspension IP (Calpol paediatric drops ). Can I give her if than how. Please suggest me.
My son in law age 2.4 years is not eating food daily instead eating biscuits lays etc. What should I do him to eat food. Suggest some ways.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.