Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Adya SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have dental bridge in my upper haw for last five years. Now I m thinking to take dental implants. So I want suggestion. Also as of now no problem in the bridge its look stable. Kindly give me right guidance.
When I breath or talk with someone I have bad smell from my mouth which disturbs another to clear this problem what steps I take.
Teeth become yellowish even though care to clean is taken. How to get rid of this problem so as to have brivht teeth.
Dear sir/ madam, my father wants to remove bad small from his mouth. Is there any suggestion or medicine? Please suggest me.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
When I drink some cold water then my upper right sight teeth is paining from last 2 weeks please give me some advice.
My wife have pain in her teeth. Dentist say teeth is damaged. Bt she wants to keep her teeth. She do not wanna remove it. Plzzzz help.
I am 20 years and had braces for my upper teeth. At present I am using a temporary clip. But after removing it my teeth r going back to there original position i.e they r coming up. How can you help me with the problem?
Hi I am 25 years old, from one week I am suffering from cold, and also my thyroid glands are paining, and headache and also my teeth also paining Now what I should do?
How to avoid germs in teeth? I brushed morning and night I'm using mouth wash but morning when I woke up my teeth is bleeding?
What is the treatment if the tooth (right lower molar) is diagnosed as infected (by x ray). Is extraction only the option?
The simple and effective remedy for dental pain.
Toothache is also one of the severe pain in the body. Many people suffer from this pain because of the sensitiveness of the teeth. This remedy has only two ingredients which are simply effective. People who have to suffer from route canal or dental carries take 3-4 buds of cloves and make it powder. Later mix with 1 tsp of coconut oil and apply it. Clove has antiseptic, analgesic and antimicrobial activity and coconut oil is best antibiotic action and hence, this remedy works better on dental carries.