Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Adrita
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. AdritaYour feedback matters!
Hi. Ten days back I had slept in a wrong position and noticed pain in my shoulder joint whenever I lift it at a particular angle. Later I went a tooth extraction where doctor gave me pain killers to relieve tooth pain. With them the shoulder pain also nullified. Recently before 2 days when I stopped my pain killers course I started noticing a pain when performing activities like head bath or wearing shirt. I approached a physiotherapist who diagnosed it as supraspinatus tendonitis. She recommended me for physio therapy for 10 days where daily session cost is quite expensive. I can use my hand normally but the problem arises only some times whenever I make abrupt motion at some particular angle. As the problem now became mild I can not decide whether to continue physio or stop it keeping in mind its expensiveness. The physiotherapist gave me dry needling in my first session and tomorrow is my second of ten sessions. Please answer me whether I can stop in middle? Is it ok to avoid those huge expenses for a mild pain? Will my condition heal naturally?
I have problem in my teeth. Fluoride and other components made my teeth reddish what should I do to clean my teeth.
Hi everyone, I have a problem of cavity my teeth edges are breaking my age is 29 suggest me what to do to reduce cavity and recover the problem, please suggest me a good fluoride toothpaste to help to repair enamel of tooth.
The gums are also called the periodontium - perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition, they also have an esthetic value with the healthy pink color. The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms:
- Fiery Red gums
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding from the gums: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- Pus from the gums when the gums are pressed
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Sensitive teeth
- Loosening of the tooth/teeth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention:
Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene.
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health.
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health.
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment.
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planning may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection.
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and visit a dentist regularly.